Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-29-2004, 12:28 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Cheeky So & So....

Hi ALL....
Jus thought I would let U kn abt My latest Kick in the RUMP..... Some of U kn that My car was wrote off back in June this year...I now have a replacement, NOT as nice as the other one, but still a nice car, ...2day I recieved a letter from some Guy, DEMANDING I answer a list of questions, relatin 2 the busted car...., things like::: What WAS the Mileage when wrote off, Colour, WHERE is the RADIO, How much MOT was left on the car, did it have spot lamps fitted, How long has the A'C NOT worked....& lots more silly things, NOW, I had that car sweet, 2 cut it short it was in VERY good condition indeed, However, due 2 our stupid LAWS on motor vehicles, it HAS been aloud 2 B repaired, & IS back on the ROAD agn, 'cos this Guy BOUGHT it from a car dealer....& by the sound of it, it NOT only Changed Colour, done 23K LESS MILES & NO radio....OK WHAT shall I DO ???, I KN it went 2 the Insurance salvage compound, & WAS Auctioned off 4 SCRAP / REPAIR....I BN paid out 4 it, so NOW it is NOT MY PROBLEM....ANY ADVICE GUYS, on how 2 deal with this Guy, I ( WE ) R STILL upset at losin the BEST car we ever owned, without someone givin US grief abt it, jus 'cos He bought it, it aint My PROBLEM..what would U DO...teLL the TRUTH...OR KEEP out of it....FANX...Chris.....
Old 09-29-2004, 02:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
I sold a mill to a guy a year or so ago, he then resold it. The second owner then came to me and wanted tooling, collets, etc., he insisted these should have been part of the deal. I told him I had never had any dealings with him, take it up with the person he bought it from. I never heard from him again.

This guy sounds the same to me. You didn't sell the car to him, he needs to go back to the car dealer with any complaints. Your involvement ended when the insurance paid off and took possession of the car. I wouldn't even deal with him or answer his demands. A lot of people want way more than they pay for or get buyers remorse when they find out how much it will cost to replace the radio, etc.
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 03:02 PM   #3
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I would ignore him. If he doesn't go away, just write him back and tell him the car was totaled and you sold it to the insurance company. Tell him that you have no idea what happened to the items in question or why the a/c doesn't work. Like 74Argosy24MH recommended, tell him to take it up with the dealer who received his money because you weren't a part of the deal and have no responsibility to him. The dealer who sold him the car profited from him but you didn't get a penny from him.
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 03:20 PM   #4
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
I would tell him that it's not your car. Sounds like someone swiped the VIN (or MOT) number from your car and used it to register, then sell, a stolen vehicle.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:15 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Just say this..

"Excuse me but, I missed the part where this was my problem."
Take care..
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:25 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
I would return his letter with a note that request he take this up with the person(s) he bought the car from.

Garry
garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 09:59 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Re NOT MY Affair....

Mornin ALL...
BIG Fanx 4 ALL Yr replies...I guess WE ALL thinkin along the SAME tracks here...I'll jus IGNORE the *GUY...LOL, jus 4 the record, the car was " Spot-ON "....with a Radio cassette, & the COOL AIR was jus..well U kn...KEWL....LOL. So IF I get anymore Hassle..I gonna pass it over 2 My Solicitor, C what He says...LOL....
Fanx agn 4 Yr VALUED COMMENTS...U ALL real Nice GUYS, Take care now...Chris..... FANX.