Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #1
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
Question campground in SE PA?

I know there was a post a little while back about camping in the Valley Forge area of PA, but have searched for over 30 mins and cannot find it!

I need a campground for Saturday, Aug. 2nd, for one night, in Downingtown, Coatesville, Valley Forge, or that general area of SE PA.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!
Cats

AIRSTREAM Life

"Color delights my spirit"
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:01 PM   #2
1996 34' Classic

1996 34' Excella
Culpeper , Virginia
Daughter #5 lives in Philly and we've looked for CG's in the area. I'm posting links to several but can't say they are 'good' or 'bad' as we haven't taken Arvin up there yet.

http://koa.com/where/pa/38104/

Beacon Hill Camping - Intercourse, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania

http://www.bird-in-hand.com/index.ph...es_campground/

River Rock Campground Is Now Buttonwood Campground Riverside

Tohickon Family Campground8308 Covered Bridge Rd.Quakertown, PA 18951Toll free: 1-866-536-CAMP (2267)

Penn Wood Airstream Park - About Us* ...* airstream park, Penn Wood campground, pennwood campground

http://www.roaringrunresort.com/

Have a good trip.
Fair is where they put ribbons on pigs.
FordTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordTruck View Post
I'm posting links to several but can't say they are 'good' or 'bad' as we haven't taken Arvin up there yet.

Coatesville Pennsylvania Camping, Philadelphia / West Chester Pennsylvania Campground - KOA in Coatesville
We stayed at this KOA in Coatsville back in April. I would place it in the "good" catagory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-054F.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	64710  

"Reality Is The Leading Cause Of Stress"
"There are only five great men in the world and three of them are hamburgers."
rgesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:08 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
If you're up for a state park, French Creek is beautiful. It's a bit closer to Reading than Valley Forge, but it's not too far away.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' International CCD
Hershey , Pennsylvania
Valley Forge RV Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamin' Cat View Post
I know there was a post a little while back about camping in the Valley Forge area of PA, but have searched for over 30 mins and cannot find it!

I need a campground for Saturday, Aug. 2nd, for one night, in Downingtown, Coatesville, Valley Forge, or that general area of SE PA.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!
Cats
Hello Cats, I have a home in Paoli, PA which is next to Valley Forge. There are no RV parks in the immediate area. There are two in the region with one being in Coatesville/West Chester and the other in Bucks County. The Coatesville RV park is KOA and about 30 miles from Valley Forge. The one in Bucks County is about 40 miles away. You might want to consider staying at one of the numerous RV parks in Lancaster County. Many of these are very close to Route 30 and are a relatively quick and scenic drive to Valley Forge. Route 30 East to 202 North takes you right to the King of Prussia Mall/Valley Forge. In addition, there is much more to do after hours in Lancaster County than in Coatesville/West Chester or in Bucks County. Have fun!
Old 07-30-2008, 03:54 AM   #6
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Have you thought of courtesy parking? It is free and you get to know someone you might not have known before. I know one of the WDCU members lives right in that area and is very generous in offering. Do not know if you are in the club, but there is quit a list in the directory.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:16 AM   #7
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Hi FordTruck

Thanks for this terrific list, I really appreciate it! We head down that way often, so I am sure it will come in handy.

AIRSTREAM Life

Old 07-30-2008, 05:21 AM   #8
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgesch View Post
We stayed at this KOA in Coatsville back in April. I would place it in the "good" catagory.
Great to know, thank you very much!

Turns out we can stay a second night at one friend's house before moving to the other friend's house, so the gap is covered this time

AIRSTREAM Life

Old 07-30-2008, 05:27 AM   #9
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfowler View Post
If you're up for a state park, French Creek is beautiful. It's a bit closer to Reading than Valley Forge, but it's not too far away.
Thank you, Bob! This is the one I was looking for and couldn't remember the name We used to live just 20 mins or so from French Creek, but never visited it. Since they offer year round camping and we go back to visit a lot, when a friend's house is not available this will be the most likely candidate. Glad to hear it is beautiful!!!

AIRSTREAM Life

Old 07-30-2008, 05:35 AM   #10
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Hi Alex!

This is a super reminder, thanks

Last year we moved to CT from PA. We were in Downingtown, technically, but we lived right where Eagle Village, Ludwigs Corner and Glenmoore meet on the map. We miss PA SOOOOOO much! Used to be in your area all the time, love it. Heading down to visit friends this weekend after some service at Colonial.

We try to go back at least once a month, and almost rented a studio apt down there, but realized the AS and truck would be cheaper! Plus, now we have a cabin on wheels for the backyard, the seashore, the mountains, visiting friends, extended travel, etc. Perfect!

AIRSTREAM Life

Old 07-30-2008, 05:41 AM   #11
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Have you thought of courtesy parking? It is free and you get to know someone you might not have known before. I know one of the WDCU members lives right in that area and is very generous in offering. Do not know if you are in the club, but there is quit a list in the directory.
Yes, I looked through the list and didn't see anyone in the area. Must have scanned too quickly. Oh, no, I scanned the Forums list, not the WBCCI list, oops!

We are in the NEU, great unit, and might join the WDCU as auxilary members. These two units ROCK the East Coast!

Cool to meet you at the JAM and to finally "meet" your beautiful Anna! I love your red lettering, fabulous

AIRSTREAM Life

Old 07-30-2008, 03:05 PM   #12
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamin' Cat View Post

We are in the NEU, great unit, and might join the WDCU as auxilary members. These two units ROCK the East Coast!

You can look forward to attending a joint rally between the WDCU and the NEU. Rick and I are working on a plan as you read this for Labor Day weekend 2009. That might seem like a long way of, but for what we are planning, we will need that much time. I can promise you it will be a rally no one will forget. And to make it even better, it will probably be held in the Poconos.

Good luck with your search for a campground and when you are ready to have your dream 34 footer built, let me know.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:08 PM   #13
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
oh, even if you don't join the WDCU, you are welcome to come to any rally we have. Three great ones in the next three months, and there is always CBR next April.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:24 PM   #14
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
more info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
You can look forward to attending a joint rally between the WDCU and the NEU. Rick and I are working on a plan as you read this for Labor Day weekend 2009. That might seem like a long way of, but for what we are planning, we will need that much time. I can promise you it will be a rally no one will forget. And to make it even better, it will probably be held in the Poconos.

Good luck with your search for a campground and when you are ready to have your dream 34 footer built, let me know.
ooh, ooh, ooh! Huge combo rally in the Poconos, sounds fabulous! Marking my calender, let me know how I can help

Does your group have a website I can check out for rally dates and joining as an affiliate member?

Tell me more - you do custom renos? Didn't know!

AIRSTREAM Life