Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-08-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Camp Site Signs To Help An Adoption

Our daughter Rachel and her husband David are adopting a child from China and are about half way through the process. The good news is that they have been approved as parents and human beings. The house they live in is acceptable and the waiting bedroom Will pass muster. The bad news is that they still must find $20,000 or so to complete this adoption. I can go on at some length at how I feel about this and if you would like to read my feelings an essay is posted on my web site. Bottom line is they need the money. We have given them the start up funds and they have robbed all of their savings a young couple dares to do. There are grants which they have applied for and several projects to raise the money.
One project is personalized camp site signs which David is making in my work shop. They are advertised in the classified section and pictured here.
These are available in 2 sizes and can be personalized with what ever you want on them. They are made from solid hardwood and coated with spar varnish so they are suitable to hang out side.
The Bambi size is $39.95. You can have up to 10 characters on the first line and up to 19 characters on the second and third lines.
The next size will be a Classic and will show two wheels., the price will be $49.99.. You can use up to 13 characters on the first line and 25 characters on the next two lines.
Shipping for both is $10.00 per order up to 5 signs.
All money raised will go to offset the expenses of their adoption. These kids would dearly love to have another child plus they are great parents. The big problem is that they are not wealthy. David is an at risk/ special ed teacher and they do not make the big bucks. These signs are a good value, well made and personalized. Check out the classified section, or send me a PM and I will get you an order form.
Information on their adoption along with the essay on funding can be found on my travel web page at the link below.
My wife, Fran and I are grateful for the support, we get a grandchild out of this and are very excited about that prospect as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Advertisiment picture.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	19095  
Old 03-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
how about a motorhome version?

Can he make a motorhome version? We would be interested in the smaller size Debbie
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:11 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
I talked with the kids and they will do just about any kind of sign people want.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:30 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
New and Improved Lettering.

After receiving many suggestions concerning the signs, the kids have changed the lettering. They are also making a classic motor home and one with a flamingo on the side plus a silver sign. Here is the re-lettered sign. Information on ordering can be found in the classified section. Information on their adoption process can be found on my travel site at the link below.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	resized sign pic.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	19191  
Old 03-13-2006, 08:41 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
We have three new versions of the signs to add to the collection. So far I can not say the response has been overwhelming but we remain hopeful.
The news signs are a silver colored one. This is painted in a high gloss shiny silver paint. The second is a Full Sized Two Wheeled Trailer measuring 30" by 14" high. and the last is a Classic Motor home which measures 33" by 16" high and strangely resembles a 280. Once again the Bambi measures 25" by 14" high. All signs come with eyelets ready for hanging.
They will place any lettering within reason on the signs. Special designs, and logos are even possible just ask! They need to sell them.
For those who want a shape other than an Airstream Trailer ask, I bet they will do it as well.
Question, concerns, suggestions. please post them, they need the help and want to get this project off the ground.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	classic MH.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	19255   Click image for larger version

Name:	silver bambi.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	19256  

Name:	Tradewind.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	19257  
Old 03-13-2006, 09:42 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Well, we want one: the classic trailer, silver, no engraving. I'll take care of that on this end. I've been wanting a "camp" sign for a long time, and this will do it in fine style. Plus, I cannot imagine a better reason for choosing this one than lending our support to the adoption your children are initiating. We hope this order will help. Like the forum sticker, this will be a fun clear way to let forum people spot us in camp and come over to get acquainted! Please send us a PM so we'll know where to send our check. We are too techy-limited to do the PayPal. God bless your family, Kent. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote