Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2007, 01:05 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
California Lemon Law applies to Airstreams!!

While waiting at the car wash I saw an advertisement for a "Lemon Law" Attorney. So I called and asked him:

Q, Are travel Trailers covered?
A, Yes, as is any consumer product.

Q, Do you have the same hoops to go through as with a motor vehicle?
A, No, just a reasonable attempt (He says four times.) or a refusale to reapiar even once.

I explained to him about the corrosion issue some are experiencing. He got real interested when I told him of Airstreams fix of having the consumer do the repair.

Q, Would the corrosion issue be covered.
A, He needs to see an Airstream warranty to determine if it is/is not or can be construed as to be covered.

I don't know this Attorney so I cannot vouch for him. He seems to know his field very well.

Rene Korper
Valencia, Ca.
Ph#661-362-0728

Somebody with a corrosion issue call this guy and see if there's a case for the rest of you. Phone calls are free until you sign the retainer agreement. Also ask if he gets his fee from Airstream or you.

Hope this helps some of you.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
_

. , .
oh, no mister bill!!!!!!!!

duh, EVERY state lemon law applies to a/s...

YOUR owners packet includes a pamphlet on the basics of lemon laws and contact info for most states...

and the 'hoops' are basically the same for autos or rvs...

don't call some billboard attorney and get sucked into the vortex...

you can get the info on line and just read it.

Better Business Bureau Dispute Resolution

Lemon law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

read your a/s warranty, there is reference to corrosion, rust, normal wear/tear, surface issues and so on....

OR send me a sase and 1 ben franklin...

i will personally investigate this issue for you and send you a very nice letter!

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
oh, good grief...

duh, EVERY state lemon law applies to a/s...

YOUR owners packet includes a pamphlet on the basics of lemon laws and contact info for most states...

and the 'hoops' are basically the same for autos or rvs...

don't call some billboard attorney and get sucked into the vortex...

you can get the info on line and just read it.

read your a/s warranty, there is reference to corrosion, rust, normal wear/tear, surface issues and so on....

OR send me a sase and 1 ben franklin...

i will personally investigate this issue for you and send you a very nice letter!

cheers
2air'
Sorry to have insulted you however there have been others on this forum who did not know or who to call to ask. Now they do and they know they can ask the Attorney for free or pay you $100.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:27 PM   #4
_

. , .
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f292...ime-31954.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f160...aws-26403.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
...they can ask the Attorney for free or pay you $100.
ask an attorney for free?

CA Lemon Recreational Vehicles (RVs) - Korper & Shefter Lemon Law Attorneys serving Southern California

ah, it isn't payment, i'll send the 100$ on to the next person who writes....

along with the letter and 10 copies...

get in on the ground floor!

cheers
2air'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	billable hours.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	49374   Click image for larger version

Name:	make_money_now.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	49375  

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:42 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Going,
Thanks for passing on the info, hope someone can use it. As you mention in your first post - the phone call is free.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:10 AM   #6
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Having just read my 2004 Airstream warranty and disclaimers, I can clearly see that regardless of what this general document says, and yes, it is a standard disclaimer, it too has every potential to be scrutinized in a court-- particularly with so many instances of this issue. In all fairness to his 2Airness (Joe), how many of these documents have we seen, yet companies still settle out of court? Of course there are many reasons why one might settle and reasons why folks may go the whole way with it. This disclaimer part of the Airstream warranty has some merit, but I would not call it the holy grail of warranties and disclaimers.

I'm not running out to get a lawyer, though that was my very first knee jerk reaction. Instead, I tried to work with Airstream and basically got nowhere because I'm out of warranty (and even the in warranty solutions aren't really great fixes, they are in most cases simply covering up the problems, still leaving potential for the issue to still exist-- IMHO).

So, taking the same thought of sharing the knowledge like on the QC threads I started, I posted what happened to me with this single issue. I knew the issue was out there, but I had NO idea that as many folks, some with far younger Airstreams were seeing this issue.

Bottom line, it's all about sharing the info and letting folks make the decision on what is the best course of action for them. I didn't post the QC threads or the corrosion threads with malice or to suppress conversations about it. I posted them to share.

Like Goin Campin, I'm just sharing info in these threads and letting the conversations run their course. I can say that I know first hand folks from Airstream have read the corrosion and QC threads. In some small way, I am sure the QC threads had some impact, however slight on what the factory didn't know. Maybe the corrosion thread will do the same, maybe nothing at all, but in the end, it's out there in public, without malice for folks to see and draw their own conculsions.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote