Old 04-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Las Vegas , Nevada
Branson Area/Info. Needed

Hello- Members of my family are planning to meet up in Branson this summer to celebrate Mom's 80th.

None live anywhere near Missouri or are familar with area.

Some prefer tent camping, others like the cabin(s) idea, wife & I will share the MH with any interested.

We are trying to figure out best way for all to stay close for the week and avoid the hotel scene.

I was online and found one rv park that offers cabins and tent spaces, however their cabins are not pet friendly.

All that said it raises a few Q's I'm hoping anyone familar with Branson area will chime in:

1. Know of any close together cabins in the boonies would be great as long as the road in & out is MH accessable, that rent for one week, and allow pets?

2. Know of a rv park that offers cabins (or similar) that are pet friendly?

3. How about house rental for a week?

4. Lastly, a pet friendly hotel that is within walking distance to a rv park?

We're looking for recomendations/suggestions/other lodging ideas.

Many THANKS for any input.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Wilderness Campground (formerly Silver Dollar City Campground) would probably meet your needs. They have cabins, and allow both RV and tent camping. They have a shuttle that runs to Silver Dollar City, and your not too far from the entertainment on Hwy 76 and The Landing (Branson's new shoping mall on Lake Taneycomo). Below is info for the campground. If you want more info, do a search under "wilderness campground in branson, mo.". There are other campgrounds in the area that offer similiar accomodations, but this was the first that came to my mind. Good luck, and hope you and your family have a great time in Missouri.
www.thewildernesslogcabins.com
5125 State HWY 265
Branson, MO 65616
(800) 477-5164

Old 04-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
I overlooked your earlier comment about needing cabins that are "pet friendly". I don't know whether or not these are. In fact, it may be the one you made reference to as not working for that reason.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:50 AM   #4
Boot Lady

Currently Looking...
Saint Jo , Texas
More Branson Info

The Corps of Engineers has a park on the peninsula:
http://www.bransonconnection.com/freestuf/usacorps.htm

It is a beautiful facility with nice areas to walk the dogs. Across from it is a cabin rental area. They are very clean. Unfortunatley, I don't remember the name. However, if you call the Corps park, they might be able to give you the name. Many of the guest crafters from Silver Dollar City stay here. Branson Tourism Bureau has all the facilites listed, contact them, too. There are also companies that list privately owned condos - for a group, this might be a consideration.

From the "DogFriiendly.com's Campground and RV Park Guide" three listings for Branson:
Branson KOA 1025 Headwaters Rd, 417-334-7450
Branson Stagecoach RV Park 5751 H165, 417-335-8185 This is a bit out of town
Cooper Creek Campground 471 Cooper Creek Rd, 417-334-5250

Depending how far out you want to go, Kimberling City and Springfield also have facilities.

SDC's new campground does not allow pooches. We looked at the cabins last year (we are Harvest Festival guest crafters at SDC). They are beautiful, quiet and a bit pricey.

Hope this helps,
Boot Lady
(Boot Guy, Spur & Strap are still in their bunks!)
Old 04-11-2009, 09:14 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Las Vegas , Nevada
nohillgrish & Boot Lady- Yours are exactly replies we were hoping to get. I will follow up on them today. It seems the pets might be a problem everywhere, but I for one don't want to try and tell Mom she has to leave her dog for a week and am sure not explaining to ours that he can't come along either, hell he's a big reason we purchased the MH in the first place. Many THANKS for your suggestions!
Old 04-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
I believe the Corp of Engineer park Boot Lady is referring to is called Indian Point. This is a nice place, and is located just past Silver Dollar City. Until recently, the only full hook up sites were for the hosts. Most of the others were water & electic. They have, however, been adding sewer this past year to some of the sites. If you stay here, just be sure it has the amenities you need. There is motel accomodations just across the road from the campground. I have never stayed in them, so can't speak to their quality, ect. They do, however, seem to be full all the time. There is also a marina within easy walking distance with boat rentals, etc.(Indian Point Marina). Boot Lady also made reference to Stagecoach RV. I was at a forum rally there this past weekend. They are very nice folks and campground is OK, but I don't believe they have cabins. There is a campground downtown Branson located on banks of Lake Taneycomo. Again, nothing exceptional as far as RV parks are concerned, but The Landing is right next door and there are plenty of hotels in close proximity.
www.bransonparksandrecreation.com/rv_park.htm