Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Blond Moments - no disrespect intended

Sometimes I really surprise myself with my *blonde moments*. I think they're often referred to as *old folk moments*, et. al.

Just a few moments ago I passed my A/S Owners Manual (laying on the table) and noticed that the graphic on the front shows the door open. Hum. And it opens to the aft. HUH??? I run to the window and verify that is exactly the way mine opens, aft or to the left. How's that I wonder. They're always talking about a Suicide Door. Doh. That's what it is.... I have no idea what I was thinking about. blond showing.

Last week I drove past KFC and the sign said, "Kentucky Grilled Chicken". As I tool along the highway I keep wondering, so what's so speical about grilled chicken from Kentucky? When I was in KY, I don't remember that being a regional thing (like Louisiana cajun, Carolina BBQ, etc). Humm. OH - It's called Kentucky Fried Chicken. THAT'S the reference to Kentucky. Doh.

Sometimes I slay myself .... it can be down-right scary. Like once when I was sitting at a red light and noticed a digital sign at the corner. It flashed the time and temperature and I was waiting for it to change back to the time so that I could GO. Ahhh, forget the green light!

Laura
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Dayton , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Alwhisman
I like the one I do OVER and OVER! I'll get up and walk to the kitchen, then by the time I get there I have no clue why I went in there! I'll stand there for a moment, nothing, walk back to the living room, sit down.......then it hits me!

We aren't alone! Last Friday night I was going back to the High School after the foortball game (my self and equipment truck). I pulled up behind an SUV sitting there in the left turn who was waiting to turn. At night the lights flash instead of rotate through normally. The red was flashing for the turn lane, no one coming, and the SUV just sat here. After about two minutes I got out and walked up asking why they weren't turning? .....I was hollered at because they didn't want to run the red light with a cop behind her! When I started laughing, they got it!...........

we aren't alone!
Alwhisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:23 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganglin View Post
Didn't you just spend the day trying to remove the propane stove top. You sure you had the gas off kiddo.....

I'll try to fire up the stove (sitting in my carport) and see if it comes on. If it does, then I guess I forgot to turn the propane off!

funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #4
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Red face I have mentioned this before.....

DW towing......

"honey where is our next turn?"

"see the red light ahead?, turn left there."

After we passed straight thru the intersection.....

"why didn't you turn?"

"it was green"

I know better......silence.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkill View Post
"Kentucky Grilled Chicken". As I tool along the highway I keep wondering, so what's so speical about grilled chicken from Kentucky? Laura
We quit looking for grilled chicken at KFC a few years ago, when we couldn't find any stores that actually had some available. Now we just stop at KFC and don't worry about the diet, KFC not a low calorie stop.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1966 30' Sovereign
1963 22' Safari
orlando , Florida
I have a neighbor who will, at least twice a week,get half way to work and turn around and return home because he forgot something. I wonder if he returns home to turn off his alarm clock and wake up !
richie rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
A long long time ago, when I was a newly wed and trying out a recipe from my mother-in-law, I read it through first. I stopped and thought awhile somewhat bewildered. "Add water to cover." Why does she instruct to add water to the cover, I wonder? Wouldn't you run the risk of spilling the water when you go to turn it over to put it on the pot and simmer the ingredients? Why wouldn't you just add the water to the pot instead of the cover? I remember feeling smugly smarter than my mother-in-law at that point...until it hit me!

In our family we affectionately call that one of my Carolisms. I have them occassionally, even now.

Any of you old enough to remember Spanky and Our Gang, there was a similar eposode where one of the little rascals was reading a large cookbook and cooking. He literally was sitting on the stove top and reading aloud, "Sit on stove and stir."

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #8
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
The first time I took my now wife to meet my parents I guess I was a little nervous and missed my turn-off. My parents lived on Lake Sinclair in middle Georgia. As we crossed Lake Oconee (spills into Lake Sinclair) Becki asked me weren't we supposed to turn before the lake. I told her that I was taking the "scenic route". I often take the scenic route especially before I bought a truck with GPS.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Walnut Grove/Laguna Woods , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Foster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwhisman View Post
I like the one I do OVER and OVER! I'll get up and walk to the kitchen, then by the time I get there I have no clue why I went in there! I'll stand there for a moment, nothing, walk back to the living room, sit down.......then it hits me!
You have a problem with the hereafter.

When you get to the other room, you wonder what you are here after.

Not that that ever happened to me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,two or three times a day.
Jim Foster is offline   Reply With Quote