Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-09-2004, 10:36 AM   #21
Craftsman

After reading all of the negative posts about Scott Lockwood and Birchwood Beatuies,I thought that I would ask: just what are the complaints about this guy and who is actually making them? So far it's been second and third hand rumors. I'm not defending the guy,but I would actually like to hear from someone thats been burned by him and just what it is he did to deserve such a bad reputation. If anyone is going to discredit the guy ( and he may well deserve it) name names. To say I have a friend who heard this that or the other thing is just rumor to me. To discredit him as a photographer because he took snapshots of his inventory isn't very fair. I don't know the guy or his work but it's real easy to spread rumors. I for one would like to hear some facts.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:20 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
Santa Cruz , California
First hand experience;

After seeing his web site,I called to see about a sub-floor replacement. 3 more calls and 1 e-mail later he called me back(over 2 weeks since my last attempt), we talked about the repair and I made an appt. to bring my A/S to his shop in Richmond CA . I arrived 1 hour before my appt. and the gate was locked with no sign of anybody around. I waited for 2 hours and then drove back home (180 mile round trip). Arriving home there was a message on my machine that went something like this; " I was so busy in my office,. I didn't notice that my workers must have locked the gate when they went to lunch".

Total bullshit!!!

I don't know what his trip is,but I do know this, avoid this ass***e like the PLAGUE!

This happend on 3-17-06

Mark
S C Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote