Old 07-17-2003, 10:03 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
just a mention -
that the opinions expressed on this thread are to be attributed to the persons making the posts and are not those of or its management.
This is a public forum so please rememeber to watch the discriptive words for our family audience!!

Thanks all.....

ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 02:21 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Well, at least he didn't...

...send me a picture of someone else's trailer! I've heard stories like that, too!

Gotta give the guy half a point or so for not pretending he's done fifty, but claiming... "they're all out at shows or in museums or private collections."

What usually happens in a deal like this is that he eventually crosses the wrong person, and Uncle Vito with the hairy arms and the diamond stickpin shows up and scares the stuffing out of the poor guy, who steals silently away into the night 36 hours later....

drboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 08:02 PM   #17
I'm the guy...

...that does that. And do it myself...
But I'm too smart to get fooled by him, if he ever did something to me I'd tie him to a tree by his pubes' and beat him like a rug.
People like him really get on my nerves- he's just plain bad for business- after these suckers get whipped by him, they'll have a chip on their shoulder and possibly pass that anger on to another.
He's pretty helpless. I saw him when I was up there- he's a feeble little washed up hippie lookin guy- a "one and done" for somebody like me.
Lets hope he gets found out and put down soon- I hate to see more folks get suckered because his bills are coming up on the first of the month.
trailertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 07:45 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member
austreampete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 09:46 AM   #19
Site Team
, Minnesota

I guess your first hint that Mr. Lockwood is not what he claims is to read his bio.
If he ever worked as a photographer it sure isn't apparent from looking at the photos of his inventory. yuck.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:18 PM   #20
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1966 24' Tradewind
Benicia , California
Follow Up

Hi there!

Did you purchase your Spartan Manor?

Who did you have restore it?

Is it completed?

adamsblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:36 AM   #21
After reading all of the negative posts about Scott Lockwood and Birchwood Beatuies,I thought that I would ask: just what are the complaints about this guy and who is actually making them? So far it's been second and third hand rumors. I'm not defending the guy,but I would actually like to hear from someone thats been burned by him and just what it is he did to deserve such a bad reputation. If anyone is going to discredit the guy ( and he may well deserve it) name names. To say I have a friend who heard this that or the other thing is just rumor to me. To discredit him as a photographer because he took snapshots of his inventory isn't very fair. I don't know the guy or his work but it's real easy to spread rumors. I for one would like to hear some facts.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:20 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member
1964 17' Bambi II
Santa Cruz , California
First hand experience;

After seeing his web site,I called to see about a sub-floor replacement. 3 more calls and 1 e-mail later he called me back(over 2 weeks since my last attempt), we talked about the repair and I made an appt. to bring my A/S to his shop in Richmond CA . I arrived 1 hour before my appt. and the gate was locked with no sign of anybody around. I waited for 2 hours and then drove back home (180 mile round trip). Arriving home there was a message on my machine that went something like this; " I was so busy in my office,. I didn't notice that my workers must have locked the gate when they went to lunch".

Total bullshit!!!

I don't know what his trip is,but I do know this, avoid this ass***e like the PLAGUE!

This happend on 3-17-06

S C Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote