I love Airforums. I come here pretty much every evening. That having said...
I'm trying to introduce some changes to my info diet, mainly to broaden. So here I am, trying to "crowdsource" (the recent buzz word!).
Will any of you like to share the links or name of other forums that you frequent (in respective field other than Airstreaming)? I'm looking for places which have nice, funny, informative, hospitable discussions -- something similar to what this Airforums offers.
The topic can be anything. I'm just looking for good reads.
i.e. Do you know any good forums for ... say... bonsai or knitting? Finance? Buying a home? Fixing a home? How to raise a child?
You can ignore this section...
(Any leads?) Some of my current interest are:
- home improvement & gardening (I got a 90-year old decrepit starter home w/ unkempt backyard and lawn to work on)
- computer science or bioinformatics
- books / literature
- finding a job in NYC, or how to navigate the maze job search, temp agencies and IT agencies.
- finding a social life in NYC (I don't know many people in this city yet)
- finance, market trends, trading (It's about time I learn some of this stuff)
- knitting, (I want to be able to program Shima Seiki.)
- sewing, (I'm looking to buy my 1st sewing machine.)
These are probably not as interesting places (That's why I come to Airforums...)
MTBR ( Mountain Bike Forums
), where I learned how to build bicycles
VWVORTEX ( vortex media group
), my 1st infatuation with internet forum, where I learned the basics of cars, working on engines and stuff. Some of the rooms today are probably too childish for Airstreamers.
EXPEDITION PORTAL ( http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/index.php
): There are some extreme crazy RV camping, and ingenious RV building here.
Please share any interesting links that fellow members may find useful. Perhaps, we may get to know each other more through many other hobbies or interests...
Of course, I will continue to come to Airforums, probably... every evening.