Old 01-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member
1977 25' Tradewind
Waskesiu Lake , Saskatchewan
Yep, it's about appreciation and being positive in the world. It's really easy to look around at what everyone else is doing or getting and compare all the time. That 's just seeing the glass as half full or half empty. My point of starting this thread was simple:

Thank you. I don't take what I get from Airforums for granted. My glass is MORE than half full!

If people have gripes or suggestions I'm sure they can PM you with their thoughts...

Me, i'm just content being a HAPPY Airstreamer!

Every home needs a dog, and every dog needs a home.

1977 25' Tradewind (with two ... three... FOUR dogs)
2011 Ram 1500 Quad cab, 5.7 Hemi, tow pkg.
kevin242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:13 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' Safari SE
Springdale , Arkansas
Folks, I did sign up and pay for the first year, and would gladly do it again. One issue. Pay Pal. I have worked with them professionally thru my customers in the retail business. I have also discussed them with credible banking industry people. Walked away with a bad feeling about Paypal. Sure its my opinion and I am sure many have good things to say about them, I am just not interested in using them. That being said, I have asked to pay the board by any other means, and administrators won't do it. (Personal Check, CC, anything). So now I get pounded with commercials. Common, can we open up the payment process to other forms??

Cant even give it away.......

Retail6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:19 AM   #17
Refugee from Napa, CA
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Madison , South Dakota
I also refuse to use PayPal. An alternative would be welcome.
Photobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:42 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member
2010 30' Flying Cloud
Mocksville , North Carolina
I also refuse to use PayPal. I had a PayPal account in the past, but they will never have access to my bank account again. What if the site accepted Amazon Pay? That works a lot like PayPal and many people already have an Amazon account. I see some web sites accepting it these days.
Echelon73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:47 AM   #19
Rivet Master
1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
What are the benefits of becoming (or renewing as) a Supporting Member?

When this feature was first created, there was a thread that listed these benefits, but I cannot find it now even via a Google search. I was once a supporting member, but that lapsed years ago.

I think at one time, benefits included the ability or have a larger (and possibly moving) avatar. It now seems that others have avatars larger than the system allows me to have, so I wonder if this is still true.

I wonder what other benefits there might be (e.g. more space to post pictures or more PM space)? My picture space is getting filled up, so I rarely post pictures anymore. I wish there was an easy way to go delete pictures posted years ago to open up more space. An increase to picture space would make that less of an issue.

And regarding PM space, it is hard keeping below the PM space limit and I find that several people that I try to PM have their space full and cannot accept a message from me. An increase to PM space would be a benefit.
Wally Byam Caravan Club International Historian
Vintage Airstream Club Historian

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:13 PM   #20
65th Anniversary CLIPPER
1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
I also am having a hard time justifying renewing my dues.

The site is so overloaded with advertising popups, annoying advertising within the posts, and that stupid daily popup, that it is just not enjoyable anymore.

I, (we) have continually requested some changes to remove some of the negative aggravations encountered daily, and this has not happened.

I guess the ultimate message we can send is to remove our monetary support, and maybe just spend that little bit of cash on more travel and outdoor camping.

The fresh air, and personal problem solving, will do us a lot more good.

"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:46 PM   #21
Rivet Master
1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Finally found the thread with the details for an "enhanced account":

I did not, however read all 1350+ posts in that thread. Have the benefits changed from those stated in the very first post? It would be great if they could be reconfirmed now, as much may have changed over the last several years.
Wally Byam Caravan Club International Historian
Vintage Airstream Club Historian

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:46 AM   #22
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I don't at all begrudge my very nominal, supporting member dues here.

I still use PayPal regularly, whenever it is offered as an option, and have never had a problem.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:02 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
I DO support the forum financially.

My benefits are:

More storage, ie for
Posting pictures
Posting Private Messages

The answers and experience are way more valuable to me than 20$ a year.

Of note I use this forum as an app on a Droid phone and Nexus 9 tablet. I do not have the issue of adds or the pop up.
On the rare case I sign on my desktop the pop up is quite annoying.

Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:25 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member
1999 30' Excella 1000
Brookeville , Maryland
I would gladly donate $ 100.00 if it eliminated the daily popup. For some reason I cannot turn on the supporting member sign...I paid the $20.00 fee. streaminwild

streaminwild is offline   Reply With Quote