Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Chris,
I am a geriatric nurse and have been for many years. I am so happy for you and your family that your mother was able to return home. May God bless and keep all of you and be there for you. We, on the forum, cannot be there with you in the flesh, but I hope you know we are all there in spirit. Yes, get her a bigger kettle and have a good cup of tea for me.

Best wishes
Marie
Old 03-06-2006, 05:14 PM   #42
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Good to hear she's back home again!

What a lovely description of her homecoming! So glad you could share that with all of us. I gotta go get my hanky...
Old 03-06-2006, 05:36 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
I can only echo what has been said. Having been in the same place before, we're with you brother. The sun is in short supply here -- but may it warm your morning windows. Peace in every moment, Bob
CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:17 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Chris, I cannot say more or better what the others have said before me, but just the same, you and your mother and family are still held snugly in my thoughts and daily prayers. I hope you feel the love of this forum around you.~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:37 AM   #45
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
it's jus as it is...

What can I say abt U Guys... I guess there is only one word that describes how I can THANK each & everyone of U 4 Yr kind words & advice durin Our Family's hard times... " AWESOME "... I may not b the worlds bestest Tycoon nor the top breed of beef, but with Me it's the " What U c, is what U get "... I write what I feel, what I think... tho I do OMIT a lot of Angry words, they may make Me feel a lttl better, but would'nt go down well on the forum... I may seem 2 go on as tho My Mum is the Only Mum in the whole wide world, well She IS, is 2 Me, I only got ONE Mum... only Want, Need & Love one Mum...tho it's hard 2 come 2 terms with Her illness, Her frustrations Her ability 2 try Her utmost best 2 carry on as normaly as She can... it's so sad 2 C Her struggle... Our Family do our best, but u kn !, somethings missing, We jus can't seem 2 find it, a kind of blind barrier... We don't moan abt the way We r put out, the extra expense, how Her illness has upset our life styles... How every time our fones ring... & so on, We jus jump straight on in...Every day is a New one, a new challenge, a longer road... a painful day, I ring Her in the mornin, jus 2 make sure She OK...Mum says not 2, if She wants owt, She'll ring...2 Ruddy indipendant, that's Her trouble, She jus don't c what all the fuss is abt, Yet she knows... She knows Everything... Mum's DO, don't they ?... Bet She don't kn I bought Her a BIG Kettle & a HUGE box of TEABAGS...LOL.
So 2 All of U Guys out there who takes a few moments 2 think of My Mum & others like Her, 'cos I KN I'm NOT the only one goin through this, all I can say is THANK YOU, I kn it's jus a couple of words, but they come from My HEART...FANX...Chris.....& Family.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:29 AM   #46
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Back Home...

Hi All.... Jus a few words 2 let U all kn Mum is back home where She belongs, & is a changed woman, I guess it's simply 'cos She is Home, where She wants 2B... I went down early on sunday mornin, & caught Her in the garden, She was in Her dressin gown... pullin off the dead foilage... I caught My horn whilst I put My steerin lock on, She reconised the car, & hurried in2 Her Chair, when I got in the room, Mum was sittin on Her hands, lookin very guilty, Heck I aint gonna tell Her off... I Dare'nt, LOL... I told Her I came early 2 do Her Garden...& She jus said, I'll put the kettle on then, She was ages scrubbin the dirt off Her lttl hands, Bless Her... But when I saw Her last nite, She got a chill...& not feelin 2 good, She says She feels like She comin down with a cold... well it was -2 on Sunday mornin... Can't tell Her not 2 do stuff can I, She luvs Her garden 2 bits, & it aint as if She got no-one 2do it 4 Her, I enjoy doin it...I jus hope when this years lawn cuttin starts, next doors CAT don't wanna play chicken with the mower, I almost had him 4 times last Year, He has a nasty habit of divin out of the privet hedge in2 the path of the mower... I'm pretty certain He's doin it on purpose...Grrr...... Dumb Moggy...
Tho Mum aint havin any treatment, She still goes 2 the Hospital 4 tests, & takes so many pills She rattles when she moves...sigh !. A Mc Millan nurse ( Specialy trained Cancer Nurse ) calls in every day 2 change Her dressins, & gives Her a shot of morphine... one of 4 a day now, My sis-in-law gives Her the others... So We all jus takin it one day at a time, Mum still losin a a few pounds... not as much as B4, but still worryin... So I jus wanna add, a HUGE THANK YOU 2 ALL of U, 4 puttin up with Me, Helpin us bk here with Yr ideas & thoughts, God Bless U All...Chris & Family...
Old 03-23-2006, 01:58 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Good to hear from you. I know we all wonder how your mom is getting along. The most important thing is that she feels some inner peace being in her home and doing as many of the things she loves as she can. I know I feel as if I know her from your posts. I feel more peaceful just knowing she is home . Keep up the good work.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:45 PM   #48
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Better news...

Hi All... I gotta fone call, 11-30 on Saturday night... well We ALL did !, so I get's 2 Mum's home in break kneck speed, thinkin all sorts as I screamed the gears, & missed a few as well..., Gets there... " Her Boys ", as She calls us, look... look what I can do... & Mum proudly picked up the tea pot & moved it off the drainer on2 the table, I Told U Boys I'll get the use of My left arm back... well after Her slight stroke, We jus were'nt sure how She'll manage, but as I said, She one Hell of a Mum... jus wish She could apply Her lipstick a lttl better tho, She looks like a Clown..LOL...
The Eldest 2 & wives took Mum 2 Blackpool on Saturday, 2C the Ice skatin... wrapped Her up well, sat at the front & had Herself a ball, She was wavin n shoutin, & 1 of the young male dancers threw Her a red rose... usualy the first 3 rows r4 YOUNG children, Disabled Persons & special guests..
Mum dined out as well, had a salad, & they got Her home at 6pm... I called Sun Mornin as I always do, at around 11 ish, & Mum had jus got up, & not feelin 2 well, Her nurse arrived not long after, & told Mum She had over done it, I don't care said Mum, I had a lovely time... & who dare blame her...
But it did take it out of Her, as She was well asleep at 1-30, when I left Her, with Diane, My eldests Brothers Wife... ( Bless Her )...Chris.....
Old 04-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #49

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I'm so glad to hear she is doing better, and it sounds like her spirits and determination are top notch! I was thinking about you last week and wondering how your Mum was doing. Thanks for the update

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
We all love our Mum's, including yours, Chris I just spent the day with mine, celebrating her 88th in a quiet sort of way. I gardened for her while she watched and kept up a constant stream of conversation and direction for me! Keepsake memories. So glad to hear your Mum had a day out and physical accomplishments to show off! Continuing prayers and best wishes, ~G
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 04-10-2006, 07:07 PM   #51
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Thanks for the update. I know I was sometimes a little put off by my mom's constant needs, but I sure whish she were here to bother me now. Somehow we think that they have always been here and they are going to always be here, although in our hearts we know that can't be true. drink in every minute you have with her. You are such a good son.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:17 PM   #52
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Her Garden...

Whew !... What a day, I jus got back from Mum's place, She was lookin as radiant as ever... I could C Her lawns needed mowin...so I got Her old mower from the shed, abt halfway through My task My Brother turned up, with His mower, 2 cut Her grass...so We had a bit of a race 2 c who could do the bestest job, Properly of course...LOL, Mum brought TEA & Dippers in2 the garden, We eventualy managed 2 cut Her lawns, do the borders, straighten up a few pavin slabs, & a million thousand other little jobs that needed doin...LOL, Mum was delighted with the result, as She shouted Her orders like a Millatry drill officer..., She tends 2 SHOUT these days, as She's almost deaf...So us Boys can say wot We like, & get away with it...until We get up 2 go, & wonder Y She clipped us Both around the EAR... gee I 4got She can LIP READ... Gee, OUCH...LMAO... My Youngest D/D, Lisa sent Her some carnations, & Mum was overjoyed with them, But I guess it was all a bit much 4 Her...Jus as I got home Our sis in Law rang, sayin Mum was not feelin well, & the Doctor was on His way 2C Her... so off I shot bk 2 Mums, turns out She dropped a tablet on the floor this mornin, & 4got 2 take another... Goodness Me jus one little tablet caused a huge scare...He checked Her over, blood preasure a little high, & racey heart beat... but should settle down, but if it don't She'll have 2go bk 2 the Hospital 4 some checks...so fingers crossed... I think She will B fine tho, She still lost a bit of weight, & looks very pale, but as I said B4, She's chirpy enough, & knows what's what.. & still bakes a YUMMY apple & blackcurrant pie... Mmmmm..... She has 2 take
14 tablets a day now, & gets tired easily, & Her eyes hurt She says, Her Hair is so thin now I can C Her scalp, & that's a shame, as Mum has always had beautiful hair... it jus drops out, so She don't brush it now, She says She 4got 2do it !!!...But She STILL My MUM, still the Bestest in the world, & every day is a bonus 4 us ALL...I'm quite tired Myself now, what a day...( sigh )...Chris.....
Old 04-23-2006, 03:38 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Busy blessed day for all of you ~G
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 04-23-2006, 09:20 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Days to remember...

Chris-

Thanks for update, and sharing a few laughable moments.. Glad your Mum enjoyed the day, and you and your brother will have memories of competing lawnmowers instead of hospitals and other difficult stuff. Many of us are still thinking of you and her and praying for the best...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:07 PM   #55
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Keep on Smilin...

Must admit I'm a bit tired this mornin, give Me duelin Banjo's anytime...think it's gonna b a long time B4 I try that stunt agn...LOL... Still it made Mum laugh, & that's what it's all abt, Folks U KN or Folks U don't kn, don't realy matter 2Me, as long as they smile, Me, I don't give a hoot what they say or think 'cos at the end of the day I got a SMILE outta them, & U wanna kn somethin, it never cost a penny...Life is what U make it, I jus don't have the time or energy 2 watch it pass Me by, I gotta b doin somethin, like washin the cars, walkin the Pup, the Garden, or Mum's garden... or jus sittin with Her listenin 2 Her goin on abt who, why, when & how... Who She likes, don't like, who said this n that, who did this n that & every now n agn She'll ask if I'm listenin 2 Her... Of course I'm listen 2 Her, the whole street is listenin 2 Her, She SHOUTS, due 2 Her Hearin not bein 2 good, & Her selective deafness ( All Females suffer that problem...)...LOL, BUt at the end of the day, I would'nt change a thing, after all, I only got ONE MUM...
I'll call in after work, & do a million & one jobs 4 Her, Bless Her, She'll have a list of 2b-Done... LOL... I'll grasp it with enthusium, smile sweetly, & get stuck in them... they'll b abt 3 little things that need a tweek here n there... still if it makes Her HAPPY, Y not, I'll say U gotta lot 4Me 2day, She says, well U don't do much at SCHOOL these days...it aint hart addin up & paintin trees blue... ( Don't ask...LOL )...I don't even try explanin I'm NOT at school, I'm 50 somethin...& U kn the rest... Bless U ALL...Chris.....
Old 04-24-2006, 08:23 AM   #56
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Hang in there and enjoy making the memories! They will get you through a lot down the road.
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:59 AM   #57

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
You're an OK guy, Chris That's the spirit!

I thought about this story when I imagined you and your brother and your dueling lawn mowers. A fefw years ago, when my grandma was getting to where she couldn't do her chores and one of my slacker relatives hadn't come to mow the lawn, I went to visit (I lived about 3 hours away at the time) and everything was mowed and cleaned up! Now how did she get that done? So I asked and she said "My sister had given my name to some nice Mormon missionary boys, and they came over and took care of it, came in and had some lemonaide and talked about the Bible!" I thought that was just great. She's not even Mormon (though her sister is). Sometimes when folks need a hand, things just work out!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:52 AM   #58
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Short Trip...

Hi All...
Sunday mornin started out real fine, walked the Pup, had Eaties, read the paper, then the rain came down, I guess jus 2 say Hello !..., it decides 2 stay a while, a l o n g while, so Lisa My D / D, went 2 Mums, She adores Her, She truely does, I asked Mum if She wanted anything from the local store, nope, Mum said She NEEDED a FIR TREE... Mmm, I thought, well it's only a couple of miles away, no harm done, Mum was ready in Jack-Flash time...LOL, well wrapped up, ( Not like Me LOL... ), off We went, Arm in arm went Mum & Lisa, off like bees... Well, Mum, Bless Her bought 11 pots of flowers plus Her Fir tree..., it was teemin it down when We got home, & Mum was so excited abt Her trip out, Right I says I'll put them in 4U, Oh NO U won't She says, U done Yr bit this week... Yr Brother can do them, & if they not right, He can jolly-well stop until I'm satisfied... Ooops, Not lost Her Marbles completely, ... My other Brother called later that day 2 say FANX 4 takin Mum out & She told Him all abt Her day out, & how Lisa went round arm in arm with Her & hoped She never got EAR ache, 'cos Mum SHOUTS, as She almost deaf, ( Selective Deafness I think... ).. & She was ready 4 Her lunch & Her afternoon sleep... So I guess We got a few Brownie points LOL, Why the others all try 2 outdo each other I'll never kn, Mum's Mum 2 us ALL...& I would'nt have it any other way, The PLEASURE was ALL OURS, it was a Splendid day, rain or no rain... another treasure in our Hearts...Chris.....
Old 02-21-2008, 06:45 PM   #59
2 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Red Oak , Texas
Chris:

Did you open another thread? I was revisiting posts and noted this one hadn't been updated in a while. Hoping all is wonderful.

Happy 2008!
SharonIvey is offline   Reply With Quote