Old 06-27-2016, 07:05 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Weatherford , Texas
Bud, just be sure you know exactly what's going on with your back. A few years ago, I lost an old friend who delayed even visiting a doctor for a "back problem," because he was afraid of the statistics on back surgery. When he finally got it checked out, it was bone cancer in his pelvic bone, inoperable.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:39 AM   #16
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Climbing up and down the AS steps can be very damaging to your back. Make sure the steps are very stable, use wooden ones if necessary.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:49 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
I had a herniated disc in 2000. I was 49 then. Couldn't walk more than 100 yds due to sciatic nerve pain down my right leg. Tried physical therapy which proved a waste of time and money. Went in for surgery at 6am walked out at 4pm with no leg pain. 16 years later and I've had no reoccurrence. I do have a stiff back getting out of bed. Movement and exercise seems to keep that at bay. I really need to loose about 30lbs to get the excess fat weight off my back.

I ordered a Lambright Lazy Relaxor wall hunger recliner covered in matching Ultraleather. I'm having the rear dinette and table modified in August to allow the recliner to fit. The rear dinette area is not comfortable enough for relaxing unless you are 25 years old. I ordered the chair from the manufacturer.

Good luck.

Kelvin
Old 06-27-2016, 11:57 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Back pain is definitly no fun, however, Claire is adamant about no surgery unless absolutely necessary. Her doctor also adised not to the have the surgery unless the pain gets to the point where it is the only option. Currently she rides the stationary bike at the gym for about 5 miles and takes advil. She says the bike really helps.

As to the chairs we are looking. She has ruled out the theater type as they are to soft.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:34 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiandrews View Post
Bud, just be sure you know exactly what's going on with your back. A few years ago, I lost an old friend who delayed even visiting a doctor for a "back problem," because he was afraid of the statistics on back surgery. When he finally got it checked out, it was bone cancer in his pelvic bone, inoperable.

Mimi thanks for your concern. I've had several CT scans, which is how I found out about the fractured vertebrae from my days in the USAF. I've had MRI and recently had a pet scan to see if it was cancer and I've had enough blood work to empty out my body of blood in the past 18 months. It's all as I stated, just another fracture and two severely herniated discs. I've checked on surgery and the supposed real statistics are about a 95% success rate. So, I'll live with the pain and make it work.

Thanks again

Bud
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:37 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by urnmor View Post
Back pain is definitly no fun, however, Claire is adamant about no surgery unless absolutely necessary. Her doctor also adised not to the have the surgery unless the pain gets to the point where it is the only option. Currently she rides the stationary bike at the gym for about 5 miles and takes advil. She says the bike really helps.

As to the chairs we are looking. She has ruled out the theater type as they are to soft.
The chairs they used to put in the AS trailers as lounge chairs and the ones we have are actually quite hard. We put Stressless Chairs in a 25' we had for a while, you might look into those. They are quite firm and very comfortable and used to come in different sizes depending on one frame. I have found walking is much better than a bike, as the position the bike puts me in hurts quite a bit. We walk about 4 miles each morning and it seems to help a lot.

Bud
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:23 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
After borrowing others chairs at a recent rally , I purchased this basic, Coleman Camp Chair, and it has made sitting outside an entirely new, and greatly improved, experience.

I had one of those low slung, standard camp chairs, and continuously had problems with hip and back pain/stiffness.

No longer.

All the difference in the world.

Maggie
Attached Images