Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
I have to take a shower and eat something before we go out. Not much time to do all that, but having just washed the truck and the Airstream, I'm kind of tired and achy and maybe checking the Forum will let me relax…

Gene
IF THAT'S THE CASE, You are easy to please..>
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Are You Crazy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
I work 24 hour shifts so I am on the forums 24/7. I usually refresh my user CP once an hour, and hit the portal every few.
Steve - I'm retired, so I'm on the Forums most all day and a good bit of the night, between naps . Can't sleep? Go check the Forums. Too hot/cold to work outside? Check the Forums. Can't find a good John Wayne or Randolph Scott movie on the tube? Check the Forums. My SO asking "Are you on the Forums AGAIN?? Check the Forums. I use the "I'm learning!!" reasoning. She doesn't beileve me, but she doesn't ask anymore either.

Thumbing thru the Forums keeps the tiny gray cells busy, but gets expensive when you jump overboard into the vintage end of it. Oh well, the kid doesn't deserve it all anyway. "Camping" at the Poor House in your Airstream at least has that touch of class to it, if they have 3-point hookups that is.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
I'm with all of you. Since I found this forum and of course our "new to us" A/S I have become obsessed with this site. The good news is I/we learn loads from all onboard. The bad news is I (more - than)/we spend way too much time here. Home and yard in total disaray, no time for that. I can however quote several threads at dinner.
PS looking forward to meeting many of you in person, someday soon. Susan =and yes I am crazy and a night owl.
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #44
Rivet Master

Moncton , New Brunswick Canada
OMG!
Hope all us Airstreamers are not the next topic for Dr. Phil.

AS-OCD's?
love vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #45
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by love vintage View Post
OMG!
Hope all us Airstreamers are not the next topic for Dr. Phil.

AS-OCD's?
Maybe Jerry Springer?

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #46
Rivet Master

Moncton , New Brunswick Canada
Hey, Airstreamers and addicted, is a given.

Dr. Phil, Jerry Springer, SNL, who cares, not us ... we have our pink flamingos!
love vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Dear Sempi2,

I wanted to write and tell you how delighted I am with my latest curriculum at the Airstream Forum Online Adult Ed School!

I just recently completed my Electricity 101 class when I wanted to try my new microwave plugged into my Vintage trailer, hooked up to a 50' extension cord to my outdoor patio outlet, in my backyard. Concurrently I signed up for the lab class in Solar Problems which took place in a lovely campus out on a ranch in the Ojai mountains where boondocking was mandatory.

The IT instructors were great in the Catching Ephemeral Internet Waves class that is preparing me for a possible new career in Routers and Other Power Boosting Gadgetry. Strategic Planning in Airstream Placement is also covered in this course which is a plus if you're considering entering the field of Advanced Campground Coverage.

Pest Control Review was a class that I audited. Fascinating! Much new innovative thought is opening up in this realm. Be sure to look into the Weekend Field Study on large animal predators, "How to keep the bears out of your trailer." It is especially tailored for the Outward Bound type.

For practicalities' sake, I did a one day module in, "Linoleum and it's Care," just in case I ever rediscover the need to be a homemaker. People really tend to look up to you when they see that shine on your floor...

All in all, I just can't say enough about what this school has done for my life! And the friendships you make there become lifelong ones, the kind that cheer you along no matter how your life turns out. I am coming back this next semester and I plan to carry a full load, even adding more night classes. Who knows, I might even make the Dean's List or be accepted for a Scholarship in Fulltiming!!! The world is your oyster when you strive for the great silver pearl of wisdom....

My name is Carol Clarke and I am proud to be an Airstreamer!
Go Air! Go Streamer! Yeeeaaahhhhh FORUMS!!!
cclarkego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:48 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Are you crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclarkego View Post
I wanted to write and tell you how delighted I am with my latest curriculum at the Airstream Forum Online Adult Ed School!

I just recently completed my Electricity 101 class when I wanted to try my new microwave plugged into my Vintage trailer, hooked up to a 50' extension cord to my outdoor patio outlet, in my backyard. Concurrently I signed up for the lab class in Solar Problems which took place in a lovely campus out on a ranch in the Ojai mountains where boondocking was mandatory.

The IT instructors were great in the Catching Ephemeral Internet Waves class that is preparing me for a possible new career in Routers and Other Power Boosting Gadgetry. Strategic Planning in Airstream Placement is also covered in this course which is a plus if you're considering entering the field of Advanced Campground Coverage.

Pest Control Review was a class that I audited. Fascinating! Much new innovative thought is opening up in this realm. Be sure to look into the Weekend Field Study on large animal predators, "How to keep the bears out of your trailer." It is especially tailored for the Outward Bound type.

For practicalities' sake, I did a one day module in, "Linoleum and it's Care," just in case I ever rediscover the need to be a homemaker. People really tend to look up to you when they see that shine on your floor...

All in all, I just can't say enough about what this school has done for my life! And the friendships you make there become lifelong ones, the kind that cheer you along no matter how your life turns out. I am coming back this next semester and I plan to carry a full load, even adding more night classes. Who knows, I might even make the Dean's List or be accepted for a Scholarship in Fulltiming!!! The world is your oyster when you strive for the great silver pearl of wisdom....

Hi, Carol, but you never answered the original question on this thread. "Are you CRAZY?"

I went back in time to post #39 and then further back to post #25 to see if I missed your confession, but maybe posts #47 and #49 tell us more.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:48 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Are you crazy?

I just recently completed my Electricity 101 class, "Plugging in at Home," when I wanted to try my new microwave plugged into my Vintage trailer, hooked up to a 50' extension cord to my outdoor patio outlet, in my backyard. Concurrently I signed up for the lab class in "Need Help with my Solar Power," which took place in a lovely campus out on a ranch in the Ojai mountains where boondocking was mandatory.

The IT instructors were great in the "Catching Ephemeral Internet Waves" class that is preparing me for a possible new career in Routers and Other Power Boosting Gadgetry. Strategic Planning in Airstream Placement is also covered in this course which is a plus if you're considering entering the field of Advanced Campground Coverage.

Pest Control Review was a class that I audited. Fascinating! Much new innovative thought is opening up in this realm. "How to keep the Mice Out," is on the cutting edge towards trailers without rodents. Be sure to look into the Weekend Field Study on large animal predators, "How to keep the bears out of your trailer." It is especially tailored for the Outward Bound type.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:02 AM   #50
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Yes, I think I am crazy. I think I just saw my last post twice!

It must be the stress of all the classes I'm taking..........
Old 08-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #51
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Geez Louisa! If you can't tell I'm crazy from all those posts, you must be nuts!
Old 08-10-2009, 12:18 AM   #52
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Are you Crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclarkego View Post
Geez Louisa! If you can't tell I'm crazy from all those posts, you must be nuts!
Hi, I know I'm crazy; If you don't believe me, ask my wife!!!!!!
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:49 AM   #53
4 Rivet Member

1966 30' Sovereign
1963 22' Safari
orlando , Florida
It's two something in florida.It has become a habit to step outside and check the weather conditions.Tonight the very bright moon has cast a moon shadow through the '63's windows casting an incredibly bright moon light on it's gray painted floor.I am crazy.This time of night many of man's features are filtered out.The noise level is one.Right now it is quiet enough to hear the crickets in the trees.The temperature has dropped enough for the a/c units to shut off.Just the sounds and sights of nature at night.Yes I'm crazy.I hear sounds in the silence and I see light in the darkness.
richie rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:06 AM   #54
2 Rivet Member

1993 33' Land Yacht
North Bend , Oregon
Send a message via ICQ to tbro Send a message via MSN to tbro Send a message via Yahoo to tbro
Am I crazy?

"All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher."
Ambrose Bierce

I'll opt for the philosopher....

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they are okay, then it's you."
Rita Mae Brown

My Web Workings
tbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:27 AM   #55
4 Rivet Member

1966 30' Sovereign
1963 22' Safari
orlando , Florida
Thank you tbro for your artistic endeavors.I needed that.Good night.
richie rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:28 AM   #56
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
On my refrigerator-"The only NORMAL people are the ones you don't know very well."
"I didn't escape-they gave me a day pass."
My favorite bumper sticker-"I embarass my children."
I am crazy and throughly enjoy my mental status!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #57
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
If you're really crazy and watch the morning news in Minneapolis, you'll see a feature on the Airstream Park in Clearlake, Minnesota.

Coming up again in (about) 3 minutes. Fox 9 News.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote