Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-08-2009, 10:18 PM   #43
Rivet Master
 
2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 621
I'm with all of you. Since I found this forum and of course our "new to us" A/S I have become obsessed with this site. The good news is I/we learn loads from all onboard. The bad news is I (more - than)/we spend way too much time here. Home and yard in total disaray, no time for that. I can however quote several threads at dinner.
PS looking forward to meeting many of you in person, someday soon. Susan =and yes I am crazy and a night owl.
__________________

__________________
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #44
Rivet Master
 
Moncton , New Brunswick Canada
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,888
OMG!
Hope all us Airstreamers are not the next topic for Dr. Phil.

AS-OCD's?
__________________

__________________
love vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #45
Rivet Master
 
Gene's Avatar
 
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by love vintage View Post
OMG!
Hope all us Airstreamers are not the next topic for Dr. Phil.

AS-OCD's?
Maybe Jerry Springer?

Gene
__________________
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #46
Rivet Master
 
Moncton , New Brunswick Canada
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,888
Hey, Airstreamers and addicted, is a given.

Dr. Phil, Jerry Springer, SNL, who cares, not us ... we have our pink flamingos!
__________________
love vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:41 AM   #47
Rivet Master
 
cclarkego's Avatar
 
1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,063
Images: 8
Dear Sempi2,

I wanted to write and tell you how delighted I am with my latest curriculum at the Airstream Forum Online Adult Ed School!

I just recently completed my Electricity 101 class when I wanted to try my new microwave plugged into my Vintage trailer, hooked up to a 50' extension cord to my outdoor patio outlet, in my backyard. Concurrently I signed up for the lab class in Solar Problems which took place in a lovely campus out on a ranch in the Ojai mountains where boondocking was mandatory.

The IT instructors were great in the Catching Ephemeral Internet Waves class that is preparing me for a possible new career in Routers and Other Power Boosting Gadgetry. Strategic Planning in Airstream Placement is also covered in this course which is a plus if you're considering entering the field of Advanced Campground Coverage.

Pest Control Review was a class that I audited. Fascinating! Much new innovative thought is opening up in this realm. Be sure to look into the Weekend Field Study on large animal predators, "How to keep the bears out of your trailer." It is especially tailored for the Outward Bound type.

For practicalities' sake, I did a one day module in, "Linoleum and it's Care," just in case I ever rediscover the need to be a homemaker. People really tend to look up to you when they see that shine on your floor...

All in all, I just can't say enough about what this school has done for my life! And the friendships you make there become lifelong ones, the kind that cheer you along no matter how your life turns out. I am coming back this next semester and I plan to carry a full load, even adding more night classes. Who knows, I might even make the Dean's List or be accepted for a Scholarship in Fulltiming!!! The world is your oyster when you strive for the great silver pearl of wisdom....

My name is Carol Clarke and I am proud to be an Airstreamer!
Go Air! Go Streamer! Yeeeaaahhhhh FORUMS!!!
__________________
cclarkego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:48 AM   #48
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,269
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 51
Are you crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclarkego View Post
I wanted to write and tell you how delighted I am with my latest curriculum at the Airstream Forum Online Adult Ed School!

I just recently completed my Electricity 101 class when I wanted to try my new microwave plugged into my Vintage trailer, hooked up to a 50' extension cord to my outdoor patio outlet, in my backyard. Concurrently I signed up for the lab class in Solar Problems which took place in a lovely campus out on a ranch in the Ojai mountains where boondocking was mandatory.

The IT instructors were great in the Catching Ephemeral Internet Waves class that is preparing me for a possible new career in Routers and Other Power Boosting Gadgetry. Strategic Planning in Airstream Placement is also covered in this course which is a plus if you're considering entering the field of Advanced Campground Coverage.

Pest Control Review was a class that I audited. Fascinating! Much new innovative thought is opening up in this realm. Be sure to look into the Weekend Field Study on large animal predators, "How to keep the bears out of your trailer." It is especially tailored for the Outward Bound type.

For practicalities' sake, I did a one day module in, "Linoleum and it's Care," just in case I ever rediscover the need to be a homemaker. People really tend to look up to you when they see that shine on your floor...

All in all, I just can't say enough about what this school has done for my life! And the friendships you make there become lifelong ones, the kind that cheer you along no matter how your life turns out. I am coming back this next semester and I plan to carry a full load, even adding more night classes. Who knows, I might even make the Dean's List or be accepted for a Scholarship in Fulltiming!!! The world is your oyster when you strive for the great silver pearl of wisdom....

My name is Carol Clarke and I am proud to be an Airstreamer!
Go Air! Go Streamer! Yeeeaaahhhhh FORUMS!!!
Hi, Carol, but you never answered the original question on this thread. "Are you CRAZY?"

I went back in time to post #39 and then further back to post #25 to see if I missed your confession, but maybe posts #47 and #49 tell us more.
__________________
Bob

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:48 AM   #49
Rivet Master
 
cclarkego's Avatar
 
1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,063
Images: 8
Are you crazy?

I wanted to write and tell you how delighted I am with my latest curriculum at the Airstream Forum Online Adult Ed School!

I just recently completed my Electricity 101 class, "Plugging in at Home," when I wanted to try my new microwave plugged into my Vintage trailer, hooked up to a 50' extension cord to my outdoor patio outlet, in my backyard. Concurrently I signed up for the lab class in "Need Help with my Solar Power," which took place in a lovely campus out on a ranch in the Ojai mountains where boondocking was mandatory.

The IT instructors were great in the "Catching Ephemeral Internet Waves" class that is preparing me for a possible new career in Routers and Other Power Boosting Gadgetry. Strategic Planning in Airstream Placement is also covered in this course which is a plus if you're considering entering the field of Advanced Campground Coverage.

Pest Control Review was a class that I audited. Fascinating! Much new innovative thought is opening up in this realm. "How to keep the Mice Out," is on the cutting edge towards trailers without rodents. Be sure to look into the Weekend Field Study on large animal predators, "How to keep the bears out of your trailer." It is especially tailored for the Outward Bound type.

For practicalities' sake, I did a one day module in, "Linoleum and it's Care," just in case I ever rediscover the need to be a homemaker. People really tend to look up to you when they see that shine on your floor...

All in all, I just can't say enough about what this school has done for my life! And the friendships you make there become lifelong ones, the kind that cheer you along no matter how your life turns out. I am coming back this next semester and I plan to carry a full load, even adding more night classes. Who knows, I might even make the Dean's List or be accepted for a Scholarship in Fulltiming!!! The world is your oyster when you strive for the great silver pearl of wisdom....

My name is Carol Clarke and I am proud to be an Airstreamer!
Go Air! Go Streamer! Yeeeaaahhhhh FORUMS!!!
__________________
cclarkego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:02 AM   #50
Rivet Master
 
cclarkego's Avatar
 
1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,063
Images: 8
Yes, I think I am crazy. I think I just saw my last post twice!

It must be the stress of all the classes I'm taking..........
__________________
cclarkego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:09 AM   #51
Rivet Master
 
cclarkego's Avatar
 
1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,063
Images: 8
Geez Louisa! If you can't tell I'm crazy from all those posts, you must be nuts!
__________________
cclarkego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:18 AM   #52
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,269
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 51
Are you Crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclarkego View Post
Geez Louisa! If you can't tell I'm crazy from all those posts, you must be nuts!
Hi, I know I'm crazy; If you don't believe me, ask my wife!!!!!!
__________________
Bob

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:49 AM   #53
4 Rivet Member
 
1966 30' Sovereign
1963 22' Safari
orlando , Florida
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 280
Images: 9
It's two something in florida.It has become a habit to step outside and check the weather conditions.Tonight the very bright moon has cast a moon shadow through the '63's windows casting an incredibly bright moon light on it's gray painted floor.I am crazy.This time of night many of man's features are filtered out.The noise level is one.Right now it is quiet enough to hear the crickets in the trees.The temperature has dropped enough for the a/c units to shut off.Just the sounds and sights of nature at night.Yes I'm crazy.I hear sounds in the silence and I see light in the darkness.
__________________
richie rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:06 AM   #54
2 Rivet Member
 
tbro's Avatar
 
1993 33' Land Yacht
North Bend , Oregon
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 46
Images: 14
Blog Entries: 4
Send a message via ICQ to tbro Send a message via MSN to tbro Send a message via Yahoo to tbro
Am I crazy?

"All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher."
Ambrose Bierce

I'll opt for the philosopher....

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they are okay, then it's you."
Rita Mae Brown
__________________
Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it...

My Web Workings
tbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:27 AM   #55
4 Rivet Member
 
1966 30' Sovereign
1963 22' Safari
orlando , Florida
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 280
Images: 9
Thank you tbro for your artistic endeavors.I needed that.Good night.
__________________
richie rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:28 AM   #56
Rivet Master
 
danalee's Avatar
 
1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 519
Images: 30
On my refrigerator-"The only NORMAL people are the ones you don't know very well."
"I didn't escape-they gave me a day pass."
My favorite bumper sticker-"I embarass my children."
I am crazy and throughly enjoy my mental status!
__________________

__________________
Dannie
The Silver Queen
danalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Am I Crazy Or What?? northmeck025 General Repair Forum 8 11-11-2008 06:52 AM
Tell Me I'm Crazy? foghorn14 Exterior Restoration Forum 12 11-23-2005 06:38 PM
Am I crazy? halobender 2002 - 2005 International 13 04-19-2005 11:03 PM
Crazy or not? philipbarrett Airstream Motorhome Forums 7 06-29-2002 10:19 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.