Old 02-05-2006, 10:23 AM   #1
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
Are There Any NASCAR Fans Here

Well the 2006 NASCAR season is about to get underway, 02-19-06 Daytona 500. Who do you think will be the top contending teams this year. I think these teams will make the chase. #16 Greg BiffleFordNational GuardRoush Racing #8 Dale Earnhardt Jr.ChevroletBudweiser #99 Carl EdwardsFordOffice Depot #6 Mark MartinFordAAARoush Racing #20 Tony StewartChevroletThe Home Depot. Looking forward to the start of the season. Do you think there are any teams that have Airstream Motorhomes? (NASCAR Fans Lets Hear Your Thoughts.)

Old 02-05-2006, 11:30 AM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
I love stock car racing - most especially short track! My idea of a perfect Sunday morning is a good race on the tube, surfing the forums on the laptop during the ads and fresh squeezed OJ!

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Dyed in the wool Tony Stewart fan

I follow Tony. I am more an IRL Indy Racing fan because I go to every Indy 500. I also follow the bullseye branded cars. Look for Reed Sorenson taking over the 41 car to be the Cup rookie of the year (I hope).
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:06 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Round 'n Round...

.... Funny how that on every visit We do 2 Florida or Boston, the first thing My Son & I do is... Put the TV on 2 the Car racing, it's facinating 2 say the least...yet back home here, I can't stand 2 watch our Formula one, simply cos the cars jus go round n round a track, well it's the same as nascar I guess BUT, then F1 jus aint American...LOL.

So whats different ?, well the cars actualy look like cars, not power boats... & U can go in2 a few stores n actuly purchase all sorts of goodies relating 2 Nascar, I'll admit My fav guy is Dale E. Jr. naturaly Yr commentators realy DO get in2 the job, they get all excited & go in great detail when a tire blows or whatever... very GOOD, yep I rate it as 9/10... for on the Action side of entertainment... May the bestest Guy WIN...LOL...Chris.....
Old 02-06-2006, 06:06 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh
Well the 2006 NASCAR season is about to get underway, 02-19-06 Daytona 500. Who do you think will be the top contending teams this year. I think these teams will make the chase. #16 Greg BiffleFordNational GuardRoush Racing #8 Dale Earnhardt Jr.ChevroletBudweiser #99 Carl EdwardsFordOffice Depot #6 Mark MartinFordAAARoush Racing #20 Tony StewartChevroletThe Home Depot. Looking forward to the start of the season. Do you think there are any teams that have Airstream Motorhomes? (NASCAR Fans Lets Hear Your Thoughts.)
Looking forward to the Bud Shoot out this weekend, gettin tired of watchin the taped races from last season! Rootin for the GM boys! Hope to see some new faces in the top 10, not like all one team.........
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:22 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
I can hardly wait !! While I was at Talladega last year I saw a guy with a Airstream shirt on and asked him where he got it at , he said he works there and a conversation started !! he was real nice and we talked for a few , But it was Raceday and we had to go !
Old 02-07-2006, 05:36 PM   #7
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
balrgn AMEN to that!! Can't wait, it also helps spring come that much sooner..
Old 02-07-2006, 07:11 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1970 25' Tradewind
Cincinnati , Ohio
My hubby and I are NASCAR fans. I've been a Dale Earnhardt, Sr. fan since his early Wrangler days. It's hard to believe it's been five years since that fateful day in Daytona. I still miss seeing that black #3 Chevy on the track!

My hubby roots for #88 - Dale Jarrett. He wants to see him drive the truck! He may do better than in the car!

My 6 year old daughter, Casey, has been a Tony Stewart fan since she was about two! She picked out that orange Home Depot car from the field and has been hooked ever since. I like cheering on Tony since he is midwest born and raised. We had he chance to meet him last March at El Dora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio (a dirt track that he recently purchased). He was nice as can be to Casey. Sure erased any thoughts I had about his "bad boy" attitude. We snapped this photo at the time. It's all she talks about now.

We have both spring and fall tickets to the races in Bristol. We always see a few Airstreams at the races there and have talked to a few of the owners. It's nice to see some other NASCAR fans on the site!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Casey and Tony.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	18287  
Old 02-07-2006, 08:01 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
That Picture is so much better than any autograph !!! It is still tough not seeing that Black #3 car in the line up, . and Jr. has a way to go before he will be competetive week in and week out . Maybe his old crew cheif will help,
Old 02-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #10
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
Bristol what a great track the best bull ring on the circut. That is a great picture. I also think dale should race the truck. I like the Fords in the field, its Martins last year so I'm going to be on his band wagon all year, Go Martin!!
Old 02-07-2006, 09:35 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

1970 25' Tradewind
Cincinnati , Ohio
I agree, David. There is nothing like night racing at Bristol! It's by far my favorite of all the tracks we've been to over the years. I think my second favorite is Darlington. I can't believe they only have one race now.

I don't like all the new cookie cutter, mile and a half tracks. The racing seems much more exciting on the one of a kind tracks. I think the driver's skills are put to the test when they have to race on the different size and shape tracks.

I like a few of the younger drivers but I sure do miss the good old days of NASCAR. It isn't the same, seems too "Hollywood" now. Oh well, I guess all things must change!
Old 02-07-2006, 09:59 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Question Coming this way?

For those of you NASCAR fans that plan on taking the AS to the race.... we are 20 minutes from the Kansas City track. In fact, if the wind is at the right angle we can hear the race. The area next to the track has built up over the last year and a half, with a Cabela's, hotels and great places to eat, including an Arthur Bryant's BBQ. Lots of great stores and a 10 screen theatre.

Can only offer you dry camping at this time. In the country. Blue skies. Fresh air.

But we are not racefans. Sorry.

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:22 PM   #13
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
Huge NASCAR fans here. Ford but we enjoy everybodys conversation and perspective. Been to 6 races in the southeast and looking forward to more. Go DJ! Todd is back! Not convinced the young guns have any edge except a lot of mony is thrown that way in all forms. Looking forward to this season.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:02 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
88 Watch...

Coool Guys, Whilst We were shoppin at Wally-World, last nov, My Girlies always like 2 buy Me a lttl something, as I'm keen on pocket watches, I chose the orange 88 Tony Stewart, simply 'cos it was Nascar & the smartest watch in the store...LOL, I do well don't now use it, I put it away safe... so hows that 4a great choice...Chris.....