Old 02-13-2006, 02:36 PM   #15
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
Bud Shootout!!!

Well lets hear your thoughts on the shootout? I thought it was a good race, I really think that NASCAR did not think to the best of there ability on the Biffle black flag incedent, he did'nt gain any positions in fact he lost positions. My thoughts on that one , are you suppose to cause a crash or to avoid a big crash, last I heard you are to try to avoid, but anyway. What about that rookie Hamline I think thats how you spell it, I was totaly amazed to watch Tony take care of the rookie like he did, that was great to watch, and also was a great finish to the race, there was alot going on around that rookie the last 7 laps, I feel that he earned some respect from the veterans.

Old 02-13-2006, 03:37 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh
Well lets hear your thoughts on the shootout? I thought it was a good race, I really think that NASCAR did not think to the best of there ability on the Biffle black flag incedent, he did'nt gain any positions in fact he lost positions. My thoughts on that one , are you suppose to cause a crash or to avoid a big crash, last I heard you are to try to avoid, but anyway. What about that rookie Hamline I think thats how you spell it, I was totaly amazed to watch Tony take care of the rookie like he did, that was great to watch, and also was a great finish to the race, there was alot going on around that rookie the last 7 laps, I feel that he earned some respect from the veterans.
Another NASCAR fan checking in. I was a Dale Sr. fan for years, I now root for Junior and Tony Stewart. I did root for Michael Waltrip, but with his plans to drive a Toyota next year, NO more .

Hey, wasn't it Carl Long that got the black flag? (not sure that Biffle was in the race) The first time he got set back was legit, as he clearly improved his position by dipping under the line, the 2nd time was BS, he was avoiding an accident.

Tony Stewart really took care of his new teammate, Denny Hamlin, as he could have won that race himself, but he pushed his teammate there instead, now Hamlin has a starting spot every year for the Shootout.

AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:00 PM   #17
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
Your right it was Carl Long!! Do'nt know what I was thinking DAH..
Old 02-13-2006, 05:03 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
We need a NASCAR Rally!

A NASCAR Rally would be very Cool! Not too many races, but when is Watkin's Glen??? I root for Jeff Gordon, and Zoe' roots for Dale Jr.

Always have dreamed of pulling the trailer to Talladega and camp inside the track.

SYDTR!

Rob
http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:05 PM   #19
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
What was I thinking, DAH! Carl Edwards, Talk about a brain fart, the king of back flips how can you forget that.. It's the big one next Sunday, thats what we've been waiting for, and spring is soon here.. Someday I m going to make a Bristol night race, someday..
Old 02-14-2006, 11:29 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2004 19' International CCD
Ridgefield , Connecticut
At the risk of sounding foolish, I admit that I don't know much about Nascar, but I'm trying to learn! My cousin is engaged to someone who is a crew chief(?) and they are going to be in Daytona. His name is Lance Hooper. I was going to try to go down and hang out with them but his race is on Friday (trucks) and I can't even leave until after work Friday from Connecticut. Unfortuately I won't make it in time to see them since it's pretty long drive! It's too bad because I was really looking forward to finding out more about America's favorite spectator sport! Oh well, maybe next race....:
Old 02-14-2006, 04:03 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Oh Man! I always get the two Carl's last names turned around! (Long & Edwards)
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:54 PM   #22
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
On Monday, Chad Knaus was suspended from the Daytona 500 and all other activities leading up to the race, just 24 hours after Johnson's car failed post-qualifying inspection in the rear window area. Sources said Knaus was ejected because there was a device that raised the rear window of Johnson's car, giving it an aerodynamic advantage in qualifying. Hunter would not comment on the specifics that helped Johnson to the fifth-fastest time, but said the violation was considered a blatant attempt to break the rules.
Johnson must start at the rear of the field in the first of Thursday's 150-mile qualifying races that will determine the final 41 positions for the Daytona 500.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:28 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh
What was I thinking, DAH! Carl Edwards, Talk about a brain fart, the king of back flips how can you forget that.. It's the big one next Sunday, thats what we've been waiting for, and spring is soon here.. Someday I m going to make a Bristol night race, someday..
We camp at All American Campgrounds at each Bristol Race!! What a Great Race!!!
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:07 PM   #24
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Unfortunately NASCAR has gone the way of other professional sports it is all about the big buck$$. I was sitting in the David Pearson's pits back in the 70's...the perks of dating his niece My wife's cousin was JD McDuffie. Those days are long gone, now it is all lawsuits and money. I can't wait until someone feels like they got shafted on the track and files a lawsuit to make them overturn the race results...it is just a matter of time. I still watch racing but on the local dirt track level, those guys are out there for the fun of it, and the racing is just as intense.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 06:35 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
1. Does Tony Stewart need a refresher in anger managment ?
2. I also heard that one of Kurt Busch's ears poped back out ! will this make him loose in the turn or tight in the middle?
3. Shane Hmiel banned for life, say no to drugs !!!!! what a waste,he could have been a top driver one day,
4. Mark Martin back to the minor league,
5. Say no to the Dodge Charger , Yes to the Intrepids ...
Just my take on Racing
Old 02-25-2006, 09:14 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

canton , tx
Great top five list scf31...I've been a huge fan of motor racing forever...and, thats a long time...I was involved in the 80s and 90s with corp sponsonships deals in practically every venue...nowadays, I pull for Robby Gordon, the only owner/driver and a one car team...sort of a David vs. the world...still, one should be in awe of these fantastic kid drivers...joe...
Old 02-27-2006, 05:19 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Colleyville , Texas
This is my favorite forum! What a great place to mingle, ask questions and learn. Thanks to 65GT and VAJEEP for all their insight regarding the upcoming Bristol aka Thunder Valley race date! We've secured our spot right near our new friends, VAJEEP and are looking forward to a wild and fun ride! Having driven our TV on the track once and feeling like it would flip over at any moment (our son-in-law was acting as a counter-balance by hanging out the window) we're looking forward to the Bristol Experience! Can it be any different from Talledega, Martinsville, INDY or TMS? We hope so as they are all unique. Start your engines. Thanks again. We're fired up.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #28
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!! I want to go so bad I can hardly stand it, what a great track, the bull ring is what I call it, You guys have fun and I will be thinking about you all, and all the great fun that you will be having there. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!