Old 08-14-2007, 08:20 AM   #15
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
$16.6K isn't that bad considering the price of a t@b. I always thought the t@b was a bit pricey for what you got, but then again the same could be said about most of the Airstream line up starting with the Base Camp.

WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:06 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
ocala , Florida
I like it! The retro colors and no rear bumper really make it stand out.Should be a hit!

Old 08-14-2007, 12:43 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer1
I like it! no rear bumper ......Should be a hit!
Let's hope it doesn't get hit.

Neat trailer though.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:50 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
ocala , Florida
No pun intended ....
Old 08-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Lafayette , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc
Still built for midgets... the interior height is 5'9" which is great for my 5'-2" wife but a pain in the neck for a 6'-2" me They are borrowing the design from some of the European caravans. I hope it sells well for them

Aaron
I suspect they may borrowing more than the design. The original T@b is a German trailer (see T@B: T@B Startseite) modified for the US (the interior furnishings, for example). I do not know if the US model is made entirely here. Cassette toilets are standard in German trailers, so it is not surprising that the new T@da has one. A Google search in German found mention that the T@da is a US model only.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Placitas , New Mexico
Cute, cute little buggers

They are adorable! Retro done right. I really cracked up when I read

"The portable cassette toilet tank stores in an exterior compartment for easy storage and removal."

Talk about making something that's not desirable sound interesting. It's kind of like when I worked for a software company writing promo stuff and was told the make the bugs sound like "features". For everybody that remembers my tale of woe of being kicked out a campground for trying to use a tote....gee, I could just have said it was a "portable cassette".

I'd really like to see one on the road.

and
Jupiter (the Golden Retriever)
Blu_Hwy_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:00 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
I spoted one on vacation this year, had to take a double take, thought someone was pulling in with a newly restored trailer. It looked real good on the outside must have been the maiden voyage for them by the look on the owners face when he got out of the truck (nervous) or shocked by the yuck campground. They were only there one night and I missed going to look at it.
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:57 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1984 34' International
1977 Argosy 24
Central , Georgia
Actual weights

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Ms75Argosy
I like that they weight EACH one and state the REAL weight on the weigh tag on the trailer. All trailers should have this!
As per Fed. law they are suppose to…
After the Firestone Tire debacle new regulations were put into effect. Two significant requirements were for manufacturers to attach the actual weight labels before shipping & also the incident reporting system. The incident reporting was implemented (at the least) to improve the data collection that was apparently lacking prior to all the tire failures.
DICK KLEIN, consulting engineer for the National Association of Trailer Manufacturers (NATM), says that even though 49 CFR 571.110 requires trailers with a GVWR of 10,000 lb and under to have an additional label adjacent to the VIN certification label, he has seen many trailers that don't.
According to Section 4.3.5, Requirements for trailers, “Each trailer, except for an incomplete vehicle, must show the information … on a placard permanently affixed proximate to the certification label specified in 49 CFR part 567. Additionally, each trailer must on its placard contain a cargo capacity statement expressed as ‘The weight of cargo should never exceed XXX kilograms or XXX pounds’ in the same location on the placard specified for the ‘vehicle capacity weight’ statement required by this standard.”
You can see more at: http://trailer-bodybuilders.com/mag/trucks_tire_placard_importance/
So the Feds said, ‘We want you to do that subtraction for them, so you must publish that number.’ It's a big burden for you because if you manufacture a lot of different trailers with options, you have to weigh that trailer, subtract that from its GVWR and that different number becomes the cargo-carrying capacity.”

empresley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #23
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
I like that they weight EACH one and state the REAL weight on the weigh tag on the trailer. All trailers should have this!

Marc
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Airstream has done this for many years. I don't know how far back they go, but my serial number plate carries the dry weight of the trailer as built and the max. gross vehicle weight allowable (?). (Forgot what the exact acronym is for that one.) I know the later models have that information.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 08-15-2007, 09:19 AM   #24
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
tote toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim A.
Cassette toilets are standard in German trailers, so it is not surprising that the new T@da has one.
I had a cassette toilet on my sailboat 30 years ago. Worked out fine. You just add that task to your routine. Simple to do, just unplug the bottom and take it to the rest room, flip it over and pull the handle. Not what I would call the ideal sewage system, but hey, better than nothing.
This little trailer looks kinda cool- in a strange sort of way.

Aluminum must be quite expensive.

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:54 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Hmmm, regarding the weight. It's been a bit since I've toured some new trailers, but I don't recall anyone listing their as built weight.

Can anybody else, uh, "weigh" in?
Marc
Old 08-15-2007, 12:53 PM   #26
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Hmmm, regarding the weight. It's been a bit since I've toured some new trailers, but I don't recall anyone listing their as built weight.

Can anybody else, uh, "weigh" in?
Marc
Mine is "engraved" on a metal plate on the street side near the front a little above the trim molding. It contains the build date, the serial number and gross vehicle weight as well as the empty/dry weight.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 08-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
But is it a "true" dry weight - made especially for your trailer and options? My feeling is that it's really a guess.... but I could be wrong. If the dry weight listed is the same as in the AS catalog or website, then it is not an exact weight.
Marc
Old 08-16-2007, 09:30 AM   #28
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
But is it a "true" dry weight - made especially for your trailer and options? My feeling is that it's really a guess.... but I could be wrong.
Marc
Yes. I don't know why you are having such a tough time with this. I was told by my dealer that the last thing they did was to weigh them and put the serial number plate with the weight on the side of the coach. Pretty simple. They type the weight into a machine that engraves the weight and serial numbers on the appropriate lines. The weight on the web site is the approximate weight and there is a disclaimer that says that actual weight will vary with options. Call your dealer and verify.

WBCCI# 4821