Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2017, 03:03 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Anyone at the Terraport week of 10/15/17?

Wondering if anyone from the forums is here this week? We're getting the damage from our storage neighbor fixed this week. Would love to say hi live if you're around!

Happy camping!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Probably not this week. Had a large branch fall on the rear end CAP and Maxxair cover at the campground last night. I'm sure they're booked for awhile. Hey, who is the service manager these days. Gotta send pics for estimate. Pics to come in its own thread.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:26 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Anyone at the Terraport week of 10/15/17?

Hate to hear that dznf0g!

I've been dealing with Brad Herring bherring@airstream.com - used to be Chris Burch but Brad oversaw my exit door installation and has kept in touch since then. I sent him the pics of my damage from my neighbor and had a complete estimate down to the number of rivets within the day. Chris has been great to work with! Good luck with your damage. And would have loved to meet you live - you've been a great help to me with all things AS and Chevy trucks!!!
Old 10-15-2017, 04:02 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Thanks Steve, ironically, it is the same 2 panels as when I backed into the garage in 2011....plus this log pushed the white roof down a bit at the leading edge of the maxxair/FF ,where there is no rib. No bow nor rib damage. Although it did crush down to the top of the rear locker, no interior cabinet damage. Did soil my underwear when it happened though!

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:53 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Great time at JC. Repair to damage was perfect. Warranty repair on leaking emergency exit door 100% fixed! Added awnings on rear and street sides, and splurged on stainless accroutrements. On last day there met 3 folks from NEU or Region 1 who caravanned their 3 34' triple axle trailers there for some work starting on the day we were leaving! So fun!!

Very happy with the work done there. Brad Herring was my lead contact. Darren did the majority of the repair work and it was masterful! Great fun all the way around!!
Old 10-22-2017, 03:01 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
. . .
Warranty repair on leaking emergency exit door 100% fixed!
. . .
Curious to know what they did, and how they tested it. Your old thread on this was interesting.

Thanks for the update.

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:28 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Curious to know what they did, and how they tested it. Your old thread on this was interesting.

Thanks for the update.

Peter

So they did another water test (had a hose on the exit door) but with the fans on drawing negative pressure out. When we opened the door we noticed 2 things:

1) window in the door needed to be resealed as water was leaking in from the glass itself.

2) hinges were an entry point for water. Darren put some 3M backed rubber cut to the hinges on the door while bending it a bit and then put some Acryl-R on the top seam of the door which they do on the production line but failed to do when putting the door in. Then redid the hose test and it was BONE DRY!!!

Really well done. The repair to the crunch from the neighbor was great, the awnings are awesome and the stainless was expensive but worth it.

Very pleased overall!
Old 10-23-2017, 02:33 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks for the details. Nice to have no leaks!

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote