Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2006, 03:56 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Arlington , Virginia
Any TCA (Train Collectors Association) Mbrs Out There?

Was just wondering if there were many TCA AS owners out there and if so, are you going to the Fall YORK (PA) meet? I hope to complete the purchase of an Excella at the end of this month, but I will have to wait for the Spring York meet to bring the AS to town. I can't wait though! I hope I can meet some fellow TCA-Airstreamers as early as this Fall.
Streamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
Bloomfield Hills , Michigan
York

My brother and I attend YORK in the spring and fall. Last spring my Excella was the only Airstream trailer at the York Fairgrounds. There was a very nice 1986 Airstream Motor home parked across from us. We normally set up on the main drag between the Silver Hall and the Orange Hall. Stop by and say hello and I will give you the grand tour.

1989 Excella 29
Hensley Arrow
Garmin Nuvi 50

AIR 4580 - Join Date: 03-10-2004
breakaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:22 PM   #3
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
no i am not a member of TCA.

however this was my "camper" before i got the airstream!

http://www.airforums.com/forum...tos-14966.html?

john
Old 09-12-2006, 07:31 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Arlington , Virginia
Hey breakaway, I guess it should be relatively easy to spot you then. Look forward to stopping by!

John HD, based on your link, I hereby dub you an "Honorary" TCA member. There is a GM product capable of pulling that train car - its called an F7!
Streamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:39 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
I have a Tyco O gauge that is 35 years old that I run around the Christmas tree. Does that count?

I've seen a bumper sticker on many a car that says "I grow trains in my garden." Is that a model train afficinado thing? What does that mean?

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:46 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamer1
Was just wondering if there were many TCA AS owners out there and if so, are you going to the Fall YORK (PA) meet? I hope to complete the purchase of an Excella at the end of this month, but I will have to wait for the Spring York meet to bring the AS to town. I can't wait though! I hope I can meet some fellow TCA-Airstreamers as early as this Fall.
Streamer1, your post reminded me of a life long and very dear family friend that passed away last year, Doug DuBay, he owned Doug's Train World and Museum in West Des Moines, IA if you've attended the York, PA show for a long time, no doubt you've seen him or bought trains from him at some point in time. You'd remember him if you met him, he was in a wheel chair and likely negotiated the toughest price but he'd make you laugh until your belly hurt. When I was young I helped him work the show at the fairgrounds in Illinois several times.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote