Old 03-08-2008, 05:13 PM   #113
Rivet Master

Moncton , New Brunswick Canada
Music nut, my passion, am not a musician.

Little off-topic... however I would like to express my deep sorrow in regard to the recent death of Jeff Healy (blind Canadian musician). What a voice, what a unique individual, what a talent!!!!!

Miss you Jeff,

Old 03-09-2008, 12:08 AM   #114
1 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Arden , North Carolina
There's only one thing I love more than my Overlander and that's my Hammond organ with a Leslie speaker...but on the road I have to settle with a digital hammond and smaller Leslie that fits nicely in a special area of the interior...

Old 03-09-2008, 09:24 AM   #115
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
I am an autoharpoholic
Old 03-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #116

1978 29' Ambassador
phoenix , Arizona
I play the 6 string nylon accustic guitar
Old 03-12-2008, 06:02 PM   #117
Rivet Master

Moncton , New Brunswick Canada
Actually, I play the keys (but am not pro) and have sang with folk, rock, and jazz bands (not pro).

Love music, it's part of my soul.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:04 AM   #118
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Colorado Springs , Colorado
I have great admiration for those that can play any music. I cannot. I do build and here are a couple of shots of a dulcimer I designed and build. Also teach a class on building using this one as the model.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dulc1.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	56537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dulc2.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	56538  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dulc3.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	56539   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dulc4.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	56540  

'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:16 AM   #119
2 Rivet Member

2002 19' Bambi
Dorchester , Massachusetts
Latin Fusion

I am the percussionist in a band called Los Sugar Kings.
You can check out our music at MySpace.com - Los Sugar Kings - Boston, Massachusetts - Latin / Electro / Jam Band - www.myspace.com/sugarkings but also play any other drum and am learning the Bohdran.
Cant wait to play at another ralley.
Gary
Old 07-24-2008, 10:41 AM   #120
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Gratuitously blowin' my own horn er, playin' geetar here:

MySpace.com - Jonathan Levin - CHICAGO, Illinois - Jazz / Lounge / Acoustic - www.myspace.com/jonathanlevinchicago
Old 07-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #121
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Keyboard.

Despite being partialy deaf & tone deaf & havin dyslexic fingers... I think I'm doin quite good... let Me quickly tell U... I bought a Realistic Concertmate-450 / 100 sound... 19 white keys Keyboard from our local car boot sale, I only paid 50 pence for it, I just wanted the speakers for a old CD player to use in My shed... Turns out the seller was WRONG, it works fine, it realy IS GOOD... quite loud too !!!... So I tinkered about with the keys, & hey presto I can play the darn thing... Well... sort of, a couple of Perry Como songs, Danny Boy & All things bright & beautiful...BUT... sadly ONLY the first two lines of them all... However I am lucky because the previous owner left the ABCDEFG note stickers on all of the keys... Ha Ha Ha... Trouble is I would feel kinda DUMB going into a music shop askin for song books which show songs in the " ABC " format...Are there such books that I can purchase ?... Where do I begin to look... Not being a musical gifted person I am open to ideas & HELP... Thank U & God bless...Chris.....
Old 07-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #122
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by canny_banjo_man View Post
Despite being partialy deaf & tone deaf & havin dyslexic fingers... I think I'm doin quite good... let Me quickly tell U... I bought a Realistic Concertmate-450 / 100 sound... 19 white keys Keyboard from our local car boot sale, I only paid 50 pence for it, I just wanted the speakers for a old CD player to use in My shed... Turns out the seller was WRONG, it works fine, it realy IS GOOD... quite loud too !!!... So I tinkered about with the keys, & hey presto I can play the darn thing... Well... sort of, a couple of Perry Como songs, Danny Boy & All things bright & beautiful...BUT... sadly ONLY the first two lines of them all... However I am lucky because the previous owner left the ABCDEFG note stickers on all of the keys... Ha Ha Ha... Trouble is I would feel kinda DUMB going into a music shop askin for song books which show songs in the " ABC " format...Are there such books that I can purchase ?... Where do I begin to look... Not being a musical gifted person I am open to ideas & HELP... Thank U & God bless...Chris.....
Everybody has to start somewhere, so don’t be embarrassed to go to a music store and ask for help.

Tackle the treble (top) clef first. The lines are EGBDF (Every Good Boy Deserves Favor) and the spaces are FACE, both from the bottom up.

Of course, that would be Favour in the UK, hence the title of the Moody Blues album Every Good Boy Deserves Favour (album - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

Microsoft Encarta online has a photo of the scale to the keyboard at http://encarta.msn.com/media_3960000...cal_scale.html.

That C below the treble clef labeled c1 is Middle C. While that illustration refers to the clefs as staffs, clef is what music teachers call one. I should know, in the 4 years I took piano, I managed to work my way through 1 year’s amount of books.

There is also a good discussion of the musical scale at WikipediA, Musical scale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:07 PM   #123
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamCSI View Post
There's only one thing I love more than my Overlander and that's my Hammond organ with a Leslie speaker...but on the road I have to settle with a digital hammond and smaller Leslie that fits nicely in a special area of the interior...
Boy, does that bring back memories of helping my older brother load up his L100 Hammond and 147 Leslie. I can pick up my guitar by myself. My amp, too.

Several years ago, Smithsonian magazine did an excellent article on Airstreams. Wish I could find a reprint. There was in interior photo of the Thetfords’ custom built Airstream that has a built-in organ. Mrs. Thetford played the organ. And yes, they were that Thetfords. Mr. Thetford was a friend of Wally’s and, if I remember correctly, they had WBCCI number 3. Maybe PeeWee can verify this. It has been a while since I read the article.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #124
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Very Sad and Ashamed

As a youngman I was in a family band kinda.Father played Drums and Uncle played lead gutiar and I played rythum gutiar and Tenor banjo we always had a friend that played Accordian .
I played 1 chair Trumpet in the highschool band and also played piano.
Now I am ashamed to say I have lost it all. I have not played anything for 35 yrs .I always had an excuse "I'm to busy" Then I discovered the real reason I didn't play any more a couple of yrs ago I'm almost Totally DEAF Take care of what U have,always wear hearing protection in noisie Conditions even when U don't think its noisie.
I know I should be ashamed.
AND I AM.
Roger
Old 07-24-2008, 08:08 PM   #125
Rivet Master

1969 25' Tradewind
Irmo , South Carolina
Guitar, saxophone, drums, trumpet, and harmonica.
The guitar and the harmonica are the only ones I've messed with in several years. I play a lot of southern rock and blues, but I have dabbled in all sorts of things. (I'm a closet Leo Kottke fan)

As for the WBCCI's two bands- show tunes? big band? For crying out loud, no wonder the overall view of the club from the younger generations is basically that of a nomadic retirement home. Wouldn't a nice country band appeal to a broader audience? I know Airstreams have been around since the '30s, but many of their current owners haven't.
AIR #8891
Unrestored 1969 25' Tradewind
Overkill Tow Vehicle of the Year Award:
1997 Chevy C3500 Crew Cab Dually 6.5L Turbo Diesel
Journalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:37 PM   #126
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by vswingfield View Post
Boy, does that bring back memories of helping my older brother load up his L100 Hammond and 147 Leslie. I can pick up my guitar by myself. My amp, too.

Several years ago, Smithsonian magazine did an excellent article on Airstreams. Wish I could find a reprint. There was in interior photo of the Thetfords’ custom built Airstream that has a built-in organ. Mrs. Thetford played the organ. And yes, they were that Thetfords. Mr. Thetford was a friend of Wally’s and, if I remember correctly, they had WBCCI number 3. Maybe PeeWee can verify this. It has been a while since I read the article.
I have not seen the article. I have seen an earlier article in the Smithsonian.

Airstream #3 belonged to the McCoys, James L. (Mac and Nina.) They were early Caravanners and Charter Member of the WBCCI. They were good friends of Wally, Stel, my Mother, and mine. They were members of the early Jack Rabbits.

I don't believe this number was issued many years after it was issued to the McCoy's. To verify this you need to contact the Club in Jackson Center, or possibly Mike, my friend, in Nova Scotia can pick this up.

When you say Mr. Thetford, do you mean the founder and owner of Thetford Toilets? If so that is Frank Sargeant, trailer number 1208. He was very active on later Caravans and Club activities. He led a trip in China (#C1).

You may want to contact the Smithsonian for a reprint of the article.

That's about all I can comment on.

Pee Wee