Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-11-2015, 06:21 AM   #141
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Good news!

Maggie
Old 03-11-2015, 10:48 AM   #142
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Okay, I am not going to ask the obvious question.
this morning, Marie was driving the truck to get her permanent handicapped parking permit, and an elderly man pulled out in front of her. She remodeled his car for him. She says she is okay, just shaken. Hopefully the truck will be repaired in time for us to attend Alumalina like we had planned.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:58 AM   #143
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
They say bad luck comes in three - marie's illness, brother's death, truck damaged....

I think you should be good for about the next 100 years!

Please tell me that (a) HE was cited and (b) he's insured up the gumpstump!

Paula
Old 03-11-2015, 12:40 PM   #144
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
He is insured up to his belly button. No one was cited, seems they don't unless injuries.

Not the best morning for me!

I take the truck to body shop Friday morning. It will be fixed in time Bumper and grill need attention.

Marie
Old 03-11-2015, 12:44 PM   #145
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Glad no one was hurt!

Maggie
Old 03-11-2015, 03:36 PM   #146
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd90mac View Post
He is insured up to his belly button. No one was cited, seems they don't unless injuries.

Not the best morning for me!

I take the truck to body shop Friday morning. It will be fixed in time Bumper and grill need attention.

Marie
Whew, sounds minor - though everything costs too much when it comes to repair. Sounds like you could still make the trip even if the truck isn't fixed - assuming you get headlights and signals in working order. Did he run a light or miss a Stop sign? (Terry will be sick his truck is damaged but trucks usually "win" when another vehicle is involved.) Glad you're OK, but don't be surprised if you're stiff and sore tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:17 PM   #147
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Whew, sounds minor - though everything costs too much when it comes to repair. Sounds like you could still make the trip even if the truck isn't fixed - assuming you get headlights and signals in working order. Did he run a light or miss a Stop sign? (Terry will be sick his truck is damaged but trucks usually "win" when another vehicle is involved.) Glad you're OK, but don't be surprised if you're stiff and sore tomorrow.
Marie says the guy ran a stop sign. We have verified the law of gross tonnage still applies, and damage to the truck is probably less than $2000, though in the days of $500 headlight assemblies, it may be more. It needs a new grill, bumper, and everything attached to the bumper. The damage stopped less than a finger's thickness from the radiator and a/c core.
It could be worse.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:08 AM   #148
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Truck is at body shop getting new grill and bumper. They insisted on giving me a rental car. Wait for it------- Dodge charger. Yeah, boy can it go fast! Can you say cruise control. It's parked in the driveway waiting for Terry to drive it and have fun.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:07 PM   #149
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd90mac View Post
Truck is at body shop getting new grill and bumper. They insisted on giving me a rental car. Wait for it------- Dodge charger. Yeah, boy can it go fast! Can you say cruise control. It's parked in the driveway waiting for Terry to drive it and have fun.
Giddy up!!!
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:11 PM   #150
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post
Giddy up!!!
Yeah, it's great watching everybody jam on their brakes and start driving the speed limit when I roll up behind them. The police here use these cars, and it looks like an unmarked police cruiser.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:08 PM   #151
Rivet Master

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
1959 24' Tradewind
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Northeast , Iowa
Terry and Marie,
I hope life settles down for you two. I have never met you, but would very much like to meet both of you, plus Foiled Again, Lily&Me and more of the fine people on this thread. You are all inspirational!
Eileen
epperp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:00 PM   #152
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Good evening.
I thought now would be a good time for a Marie Report. Several things have happened since the last one, and I should catch everybody up.
First, the truck made it back from the body shop with a couple of days to spare.
Second, we made it to Alumalina, where Marie was able to participate in several activities. She enjoyed herself thoroughly, though she was just as thoroughly exhausted.
Third, I gave her the keys to her new car, and she has started driving it, instead of the truck, much of the time. She says she really likes it, though she is having to get used to a larger, more powerful, car than she has driven in the last couple of decades.
Fourth, Marie has, effective today, graduated from physical therapy.
Fifth, she has enrolled in a beginner's yoga class, so she can continue progressing and improving.

There was a lot of stress and tension around here when my brother unexpectedly died. She has dealt with that in good shape, though I could tell there were times she would rather be anywhere but where she had to be. Sunday, my nephew and his family will be joining us for Easter dinner. It will be the first get-together since my brother's death, and I hope everything will go well, with no drama. We still have to return my brother's ashes to the location he specified in his will to be scattered, then my other relatives and I will have a remembrance "party". It will be a wake without the alcohol, and hopefully with that, we can have closure.

Thanks again, everyone, for all the kind words, thoughts, good vibes, and anything else you have sent Marie's way, I know she appreciates it.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:09 PM   #153
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Marie looked really good at Alumalina, and it was good to see you both.

But for the use of the cane, would not have known she had had a stroke.

She's a trooper.

Maggie
Old 04-02-2015, 09:32 PM   #154
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
I'm sure the cane wasn't for walking. It was used to keep the single men away Plan more trips for therapy. You'll be surprised how fast one recovers, doing something they love. Buy a pedometer to keep a daily record of activities. Walking Sophie after dinner will benefit everyone. This thred and the support from members has been awe inspiring. Good therapy for all of us
streaminwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #155
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Glad to hear you all had a good time - Well maybe except for Sophie who probably overdid the possum bog and got sick - poor pup. Being tired - well that tells me Marie fully participated (or drank one too many of Terry's famous Mudslides!).

I am planning on being there during the fall rally.

Paula
Old 04-03-2015, 01:37 PM   #156
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Since a Mudslide contains two things that cause my migraines, I left all the fixin's for them at home. Chocolate and alcohol. So, yes, she fully participated.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #157
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Don't know Terry and Marie nor anyone else on this thread. That said, you are on our pray list and will remain. Happy Easter, our best.
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:25 PM   #158
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Terry,

Good to see both of you at Alumalina. Looks like some alumatherapy did its job.

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #159
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Good afternoon.
Marie has come a long way since having a stroke last September.
In an attempt to expand her horizons, I put her on the tractor today, and am letting her try her hand and mowing the lawn. So far, she has mowed most of the grass, and has managed to not run over anyone or anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	615.2 KB
ID:	237665  
Old 05-03-2015, 02:59 PM   #160
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Good to have her able to share chores again, isn't it Terry.

Hugs,

Maggie