Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2015, 05:33 AM   #101
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Good morning. It's time for another Marie Report. This will be a fast one, since I have to leave early to slide in to work over the ice-covered highways in our area.
Marie had a good, as well as exciting weekend. I parked the car downstairs by the garage door when we went out, and she walked back up the hill to the house.
Later, with me in attendance, she walked down the stairs to the basement, then back upstairs. She did well with these things, but it was tiring.
A couple of weeks ago, I got her a treadmill, so she can practice walking without her cane. Last weekend, I made a couple of DVDs to put in the player, and she can watch them while she treadmills. What's special about these DVDs is they are a POV video of people walking, jogging, and bicycling. She says it makes her time on the treadmill go by much faster.
Next weekend, we are going to try letting her walk Sophie.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:35 AM   #102
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Good news, Terry!

Maggie
Old 01-14-2015, 06:24 AM   #103
Airstreaming Pagey

2015 31' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Great news! And the video idea is an excellent one, Terry.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

May your days be filled with love and laughter.
Pagey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:26 AM   #104
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
It's time for another Marie Report.
Over the last week, she has made several improvements, and started doing more things that she used to do.
Last week, she made a single trip up and down the stairs into the basement, and garage. We repeated this feat yesterday. She is using her treadmill, with her walking videos, and continues to improve there, as well. The indoor helicopter idea has been shelved. Let's not even go there... In its place, I picked up a game of Labrynth. This game is a maze, with holes in various strategic locations. The object of the game is to move a steel ball from one end of the maze to the other, without letting the ball drop into one of the holes along the way. It seems to be a better way for her to regain her lost eye/hand coordination. Her new job seems to be working out well.
Yesterday, we went out and walked Sophie, with Marie holding the leash. Later, Marie walked Sophie solo, though with me inside, watching the proceedings like the proverbial hawk. She has begun occasionally preparing simple meals for us, as well as lunch for herself. I'm still preparing breakfasts for her, as she is most uncoordinated early morning and late evening. We're still working on her frustration at not being able to do what she did before, hopefully she will continue to adjust.
We went to the grocery store yesterday, and she was able to walk through the store, using the buggy for stability and support. Yes, it was a small store, and yes, we only got a few things before fleeing the scene, but it's another step on recovery road.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:47 AM   #105
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
She is moving right along.

So good to hear!

Maggie
Old 01-18-2015, 11:38 AM   #106
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
So great to hear that she is doing all these things. It must mean so much to both of you to see this great progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:09 PM   #107
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
Terry, After reading your updates and other members posts. I realized what love for one another really is. Your a lucky couple. Start planning a trip with the trailer. This will be good therapy for both of you. Cherish every moment you have together. A word of caution, I wouldn't give her any lip. You'd be amazed how coordinated she can get when motivated She's lethal now! Gregg
streaminwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:46 PM   #108
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Just read the last few posts, great news and progress. Congratulations to you both, NOT a doctor but it sounds to me like Marie is making great strides, your support for her is inspiring - although I've never met the three of you I can bet that Sophie is a great comfort to you both. Enjoy the Day

My Best

Bud
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:49 PM   #109
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Just found this thread. Wishing you both the best and keeping you all in our prayers. God Bless. Sal
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:55 PM   #110
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I thought I'd provide another Marie Report.
Marie says to thank everyone for the well wishes.
Right now, she's not feeling very well, I think she picked up a bug of some kind, and is snuffling, sneezing, and stuffy. No fever, but she says she feels like crap.
She is supposed to have a busy day tomorrow, between a PT session and having to swap her CPAP machine out. This one works fine, but they just now figured out it is not covered by insurance. So, another $$ copay, and she should be able to use the new one.
Adding to the adventure, Sophie also is sick, and we are having to keep cleaning up after her, as well. Sophie has a vet appointment for Friday morning, and if Marie keeps feeling bad, or gets worse, by then, she may also have a (people) vet appointment.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:56 PM   #111
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Sophie has a vet appointment for Friday morning, and if Marie keeps feeling bad, or gets worse, by then, she may also have a (people) vet appointment.
Terry your walking a fine line here. Sorry to here the girls are sick. If it's a cold... lots of chicken soup, hot tea with honey and a twist of lemon. Stay away from dairy products ie. cheese, milk, yogurt, ice cream, creamer, and chocolate. Dairy products causes mucus or flem. I'm not a doctor but it works for me. Hope the girls feel better soon.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:48 AM   #112
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Booo!

Hope they're feeling better soon.

Maggie
Old 01-29-2015, 06:35 AM   #113
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
We've decided Marie will call in sick to her PT session today. She still has a busy day with the other stuff, but exerting herself when she is sick with the exercises she does there is probably not the smartest thing to do.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:37 AM   #114
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Instead of cereal with milk for breakfast this morning, I made waffles, sausage, and orange juice for her. No milk other than a little half and half for her coffee.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:37 AM   #115
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Good idea.

Rest, hot tea, chicken soup, lots of TLC from sweet hubby.

Maggie
Old 01-29-2015, 08:18 AM   #116
Airstreaming Pagey

2015 31' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
I eat very healthfully and still caught the bug that is going around.

I hope everyone gets well soon.

May your days be filled with love and laughter.
Pagey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:00 AM   #117
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Enjoy ... life is as good as you will let it be ....
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:38 AM   #118
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Terry, be very careful with whatever Marie might be coming down with. Both Glenn and I came down with the flu -- despite the "semi-effective" flu shots we'd had. Anyone with a compromised immune system (especially pulmonary has got to be very cautious. I lost a very good friend in W-S two weeks ago who had breathing issues beforehand. Good to see so much progress over the past weeks!
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:08 PM   #119
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
Terry, Your doing a great job. No hospital can come close to the care your providing. Plenty of rest for the both of you. Nyquil helps me get to sleep when I have a cold. Check your doctor if it's compatible with your meds. She's lucky to have you.........and vise versa
Old 02-01-2015, 05:28 AM   #120
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Good morning, and it is time for another Marie Report.
Marie is pretty much over her wee bout of whatever she had,and Sophie has gotten back to normal, as well. Sophie seemed to have an issue with a change in diet, and she is back t her old food. Marie is now better, just in time to go back to Physical Therapy tomorrow and get sick again...
I have noticed, and the PT people have confirmed, that she is having some gait issues. She does well on the treadmill, but out in the real world she walks a bit like Quasimoto. Because of this, her leg muscles are rebelling, and she is suffering from some pretty bad muscle cramps and spasms. A brain storm I had, and went out and got her a stationary bicycle.
After dragging the thing inside, and wrestling it into a spot in the living room, she crawled on it, and took it for a spin. After a 5 minute stint, she pronounced her leg muscles had stopped cramping. So, more good news, though between my weight set, and her treadmill and bicycle, out house is starting to look like the local Gym...