Old 09-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASIcons View Post
Rarely have I seen such a comprehensive list of what my 22 year old has
aptly named "first world problems." Thanks for sharing, it has given me a chuckle.
Now that is funny. Thank you for sharing. I sent some Air Karma (also known as thanks) your way for making me chuckle too.
Bob

Old 09-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #44
2 Rivet Member

2012 23' International
None , Happy
People driving in the left lane that take 5 miles to pass a car, even no matter how close I tailgate them. Wish we were allowed to use our bumpers!

Old 09-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
People who tailgate, period.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Hi-way merging

I HATE those who merge into freeway (hi-way) traffic and think they have a right of way. WRONG! They must yield to all traffic on the thru fare. It helps if traffic can move to help them merge, but thats not in the mix. The merge does not have any right of way.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumatic View Post
People who tailgate, period.
People who need tailgating, period.
Or should this be on the argue thread?
Old 09-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
I HATE those who merge into freeway (hi-way) traffic and think they have a right of way. WRONG! They must yield to all traffic on the thru fare. It helps if traffic can move to help them merge, but thats not in the mix. The merge does not have any right of way.
I hate when that happens even more than drinking curdled milk. There are 2 types of merge hogs:
  1. Those who don't even look and would drive right into you
  2. Those who see you and expect you to let them in and then give you the bird
I also hate those drivers who technically have the right of way, have the whole dang highway, refuse to move to the left lane, refuse to take their lead foot of the accelerator, or try to race you so you can't get in front of them.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #49
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by colberjs View Post
People that drive gas powered vehicles that pass 6 gas-only pumps to use the one gas and diesel pump. I wish they would either make them all combo pumps or let the diesel pump be diesel only.
I agree.

There is a gas station in Oceanside, CA that is a convenient place for me to fuel when I'm visiting there. It has two islands, but only one has diesel. They flag all the gasoline pumps on one side or the other of the island that has diesel as "out of order". So only diesel vehicles can fuel there. I certainly appreciate that.

Ken
Old 09-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
I agree with your agreement and offer these gas station collararies:
1. Customers who pull up to the first pump when the second pump is empty, especially when I am behind with my Airstream
2. Customers who leave their vehicle pumpside and do a little shopping, especially when I am towing my Airstream.
3. You are waiting for a pump with your stream behind for 15 minutes for the only pump you can get your rig in and when it opens up someone does a 360 around the pumps to beat you in.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #51
Tenkara Fly Angler

1975 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Vernon , Texas
The customer at our store we call the bebop lady. She wears her ear phones from her iPod into the store, asks a question and then says "what did you say" when we answer. All the while trying to bebop to the music. Worst part is she has no rhythm...
WBCCI #8578
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #52
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Road Rage Misplaced

I was pulling the AS at my normal tow speed of 65 mph. Cruise was set.

An 18-Wheeler pulled out into the left lane to pass me. The speed limit for trucks was 65, too, but I didn't mind if he wanted to pass. For some reason, he didn't/couldn't? I didn't alter my speed at all. He just stayed right beside me for a few miles. I noticed traffic piling up behind both of us impatiently wanting to pass. I also didn't care much for watching his 18 wheels spinning beside me on a hot desert highway.

There was a truck on my tail end, too. No where to go. So, I sped up to 70, and traffic started passing him on the right then coming around me. Eventually he pulled back into the right lane. As the row of traffic came around him, and then me, one truck blared his horn, and Ray said he flipped me off. I didn't see him.

So, I guess he was mad about being held up, and of course, it had to be me (the RVer) at fault and not one of his own. I guess. I felt so wronged! LOL Not my fault that ole Peterbilt wasn't up to the task, and I didn't feel obligated to slow down so he could pass me.
Oh, well.

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #53
1 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
charlotte , North Carolina
When you go camping looking for peace and quite and their is more dogs in the camp ground than campers. Feel like I 'am at your local dog pound.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:09 PM   #54
Tenkara Fly Angler

1975 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Vernon , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawChick View Post
I was pulling the AS at my normal tow speed of 65 mph. Cruise was set.

An 18-Wheeler pulled out into the left lane to pass me. The speed limit for trucks was 65, too, but I didn't mind if he wanted to pass. For some reason, he didn't/couldn't? I didn't alter my speed at all. He just stayed right beside me for a few miles. I noticed traffic piling up behind both of us impatiently wanting to pass. I also didn't care much for watching his 18 wheels spinning beside me on a hot desert highway.

There was a truck on my tail end, too. No where to go. So, I sped up to 70, and traffic started passing him on the right then coming around me. Eventually he pulled back into the right lane. As the row of traffic came around him, and then me, one truck blared his horn, and Ray said he flipped me off. I didn't see him.

So, I guess he was mad about being held up, and of course, it had to be me (the RVer) at fault and not one of his own. I guess. I felt so wronged! LOL Not my fault that ole Peterbilt wasn't up to the task, and I didn't feel obligated to slow down so he could pass me.
Oh, well.
Yes, the ole flip off thingy... While traveling thru Wyoming on I25 with all the ups and downs I just smiled while on the way down whilst we glided... Then on the way up just smiled out the other window with our F350 Diesel... 400 miles of ups and downs in Wy on I25 north to south smiling all the way. Pisses the flippers off something fierce.
WBCCI #8578
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #55
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
Yes, the ole flip off thingy... While traveling thru Wyoming on I25 with all the ups and downs I just smiled while on the way down whilst we glided... Then on the way up just smiled out the other window with our F350 Diesel... 400 miles of ups and downs in Wy on I25 north to south smiling all the way. Pisses the flippers off something fierce.
It probably speaks volumes about my personality, but I find it easier to flip someone off than smile at them.

Ken
Old 09-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by w7ts View Post
It probably speaks volumes about my personality, but I find it easier to flip someone off than smile at them.

Ken
Hi, I think now days, there are more reasons to flip someone off than to smile at them.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote