Old 09-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Lakeland , Florida
People who talk loud in public on their cell phones. TMI (Too much information.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #30
4 Rivet Member

1987 25' Sovereign
Fort Collins , Colorado
And most of all the healthy but lazy jerks who park in a handicapped spot or the fire lane at the supermarket because they're only gonna be a minute.

"I'd rather be happy for just one day than miserable for the rest of my life."
Dan and Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #31
jm2
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
1977 20' Argosy 20
northern valley , new jersey
Tailgaters

tailgaters, at any speed.

especially the ones following you by just one to two car lengths in the left lane of a multi-lane highway

when you're safely passing the traffic to your right, traveling at least at or perhaps slightly above the posted speed limit...

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci.

WBCCI 2087 - AIR 3144 - TAC-NJ2

http://defendwally.org/
jm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #32
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
those who drive in the left lane and hold me up because they are going slightly over the limit. Jim
Old 09-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
People who drive at the speed limit in the left (or center) lane because that's the speed limit and "it doesn't matter how many people are behind me and how I am interrupting the flow of traffic". Here in Colorado, state cops like to drive the center lane about 1 mile/hour below the limit and hope someone doesn't see them in the clump of traffic bunched up behind them—an unsafe condition they have caused, but they must hope someone will blow by so they can make their quota. People creep by, right at the limit and traffic flow is screwed up.

I also see cops in some cities (Denver being one of them) who drive very badly because they can get away with it.

People who tailgate where I can hardly see them (sometimes all I can see is a shadow on the road) and when there is a clear lane to pass, they don't.

People with RV's who don't use pullouts when traffic is backed up behind them. Also people who build pullouts too short to stop in. And truckers who don't use them either. I've seen more RV's use them than truckers.

People who dream at traffic lights and when the light changes, they take so much time, only one or two cars can get through a left turn, or a few more going straight.

People who scratch your trailer in a parking lot and drive off—I can show you a 10' scratch in the side of our Safari to prove that guy is out there. The same guy also puts door dings and scratches in our trucks.

And to get away from driving, people who do calls for surveys and dial a couple of numbers simultaneously and speak to the first person they get to and leave everyone else waiting for someone to speak. I think robocalls are set up to do this too. And whomever invented the robocall deserves to be tortured perpetually. With the election season, we are getting several calls a day like that.

Workers who leave junk and trash in Airstreams because they have bad habits and the bosses don't care either.

Gene
Old 09-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1974 25' Tradewind
1973 31' Sovereign
Charlottesville , Virginia
Rarely have I seen such a comprehensive list of what my 22 year old has
aptly named "first world problems." Thanks for sharing, it has given me a chuckle.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
Only tailgaters, it's the national sport after Hockey here in Canada. Hitched up on the highway and the buggers are so close behind that all you can see is a shadow on the road behind - PASS ME YOU @#$%^&^, PASS ME!

Tailgaters when I'm not towing - a line of cars all doing 75mph with only the width of a licence plate between them - talk about accidents waiting to happen.

"You can't tow that with that!"

http://toadsoftowedhaul.com
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #36
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
The "moron mobs" on the highway defy belief. One almost never saw this on rural Interstates 30-40 years ago. Now it is the norm. Just consider of how things look on the highway from an aerial perspective. Whether in a big truck, driving solo, or pulling the TT the first thing I do is to separate myself. And have devised ways of dealing with them, especially when getting ready to pass a slower 18-wheeler (in any of the above).

The sheeple towing TT's are under the impression that "going with the flow" is somehow analogous to safe driving. Nothing could be farther from the truth as concerns braking and steering a naturally unstable combination (made worse by straight axle, high COG, overly heavy TV's . . then couple them to SWB's on leaf spring suspensions with no shock absorbers, etc, and any & all with electric drum brakes; themselves a bad joke).

The ones who cut in front of my big truck when I'm running top speed (well below limit) with less than four-seconds separation are the real fools. But they got out of the way of faster traffic!! . . only to end up as greasy spots should their ill-considered maneuver backfire (I say, unconsidered, as wilful ignorance is tantamount to stupidity).

The upper speed limit is conditional. But not to the morons . . the 99% for whom driving is just another passive "activity". 75 means I can run 75, right? Note the irritation expressed by same at those who travel slower. Means they have to "think" about how to get around that other person. Thinking means work to those unaccustomed, so tempers flare up. When the situation involves several, chaotic behavior isn't far behind (passing on the shoulder; prohibited, yet passing ahead of blind curves/hills, etc).

But somehow it's the "fault" of that slow mover. Correct the stupid and expect that the insult outweighs propriety. Every time. Welcome to the new America. As dumb as an Aggie had currency in my youth. It's back in spades these days when driving Texas.

Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #37
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
People who abandon their shopping carts in the parking lot, rather than walk a few steps to take them to a stall,
Especially the ones who abandon them in the handicapped spots because there's more room for them there.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #38
Huh?

1975 27' Overlander
Twin Cities , Minnesota
Too much sports.
Too many guys I know could not name a single one of their elected representatives - at any level - but can usually name the starting line up of their favorite team, be it NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, plus all their college teams.
I am not so much annoyed by it but I do find it very sad and I do see it as detrimental to this great nation.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi
people, including myself, who post on a thread to complain about others, we all do it. Jim
Yeah, and sometimes these are things best done indirectly.

Maggie
Old 09-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #40
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AldeanFan View Post

The guy at the Airstream Salesman at the trailer show who told me Airstream's don't have bunkbeds because they're not for people with children
:

Where and when was that?! I hope he gets reported to corporate!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #41
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultradog View Post
Too much sports.
Too many guys I know could not name a single one of their elected representatives - at any level - but can usually name the starting line up of their favorite team, be it NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, plus all their college teams.
I am not so much annoyed by it but I do find it very sad and I do see it as detrimental to this great nation.
Exactly why many/most take place on weekends . . that was no accident.
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #42
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Here comes honey boo boo show.
Who came up with that?