Old 10-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
And you thought caring was dead

I belong to another Forum...Tri-Five Forum. It is for 1955-1957 Chevy folks...just as bad as Airstreamers.
You have to see this Thread over there to really appreciate the caring people have....these are members from all over the world. One of the members is building his dream 1957 car. Then he was diagnosed with a fatal cancer. He persevered thru the treatments until recently it has become to much for him alone. The members of that Forum ...from all over the World....have come together with money, time, equipment, tools and travel.....all converging on his home in Pennsylvania this week to complete that dream project for him. It will be completed, I'm sure, this week, so he will be able to experience the feel, smell, sound of that dream. Most of the contributors have never met all makes me ....well, overcomes me.

Trifive Miracle Gasser. - Welcome to, 1955 1956 1957 Chevy Forum

"If it can't be reduced, reused, repaired, rebuilt, refurbished, refinished, resold, recycled or composted
then it should be restricted, redesigned or removed from production."
Melody Ranch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
65th Anniversary CLIPPER
1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Nice gesture.

I have a 57 Dodge. Do you think I can join that forum?

masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Las Vegas , Nevada
It's hearing acts as this that shows us all caring is very much alive. Good Post.
345bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
Rivet Master
1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Long thread, but worth reading. I hope they make it in time.

Years ago, when I was on an email list for parent's of children with diabetes, one member in Finland was in a fix. She needed medical care in the U.S. for her non-diabetic daughter. The insurance wouldn't cover travel for her young diabetic son, but she needed to be with him to manage his insulin. She was a single mom and couldn't pay for it herself. She went to bed (in Finland), feeling totally stuck and pretty hopeless.

But it wasn't bedtime yet in the U.S. While she slept, list members in the U.S. got to work on the problem. By the time she woke up, people had organized airline miles for her diabetic child, a hotel room near her daughter's hospital, list members for her to stay with for a visit afterward, some sightseeing, and spending money for a shopping trip. Oh, and there was a big barbecue gathering for those in the area.

The internet makes wonderful things possible.
Our travel and renovation blog:
webspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
Rivet Master
1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
A simular story . In July at the CUB TUG, one of our members was taking his Farmall Cub-Lowboy off his trailer.One of the ramps flipped over ,rolling the tractor on him. We were there in seconds,picked the tractor off him .They both went to the hospital. While he was there (hospital) the tractor went into our hosts shop. IT was swarmed over like a bee's in a hive.Hood came off, radiator off(junk)air cleaner and steering wheel and post. Hood was straighten,new radiator(someone had for sale) new air cleaner and hat.Straighten steering wheel. IT was ready in two hrs when he arrived back at the CUB TUG. He was able to drive it and load it to go home.BOTH not perfect but still functioning .
Roger & MaryLou
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
Full Timers/Diesel power.
1983 31' Airstream310
Cactus Hug , Arizona
Well said and done all. I like to think that we forum members would drop everything to help someone we've never met in person, only on line.
"A settled wisdom, plus the itch to be elsewhere"
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #7
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
It's happened here on this forum, too, several times.I know without the help of the people here, we would have been in a world of hurt financially,,,, much worse than we ended up being. Forum members here arranged for places for my wife to stay while I as in the hospital, rides to the from the doctors after, even help with cash for things like gas and groceries. One forum member drove several hundred miles to put a new vent cover on our Airstream so it wouldn't get soaked inside.

There are others here that have needed help and gotten it through the generosity of people whose only connection is this forum.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member
1988 34' Limited
1960 24' Tradewind
Mt. Pleasant , South Carolina
MR, thank you for sharing this. I will be following this thread on the tri5 forum. My prayer is that these fine gentlemen going to help can pull it off for another gentleman, Rick, so that he may be able to enjoy his car in what sounds like the final days of his life.
There ARE good people left in this world.
Bill Cantrell
AIR 24338
Easily distracted by shiny objects.
Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:37 PM   #9
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
1959 24' Tradewind
Santa Rosa , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
Thats a great thread Robin. I too belong to that forum but somehow missed that thread. It still amazes me how people can come together with a common cause having never met and pull something off like this. Thats the good stuff.

2014 Intl 23' FB
1959 Tradewind 24'
2011 Dodge Dually Crew
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:27 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, amazing what people are willing and able to do for fellow forum member.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:25 AM   #11
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Caring lives on

Caring still lives, it lives in us all. Its just when will we decide to stop and think of someone besides ourselves.

Mrs.S and I go on a ski trip nearly every year. Normally her side of the family goes along with us and we end up with a big group. Well this year we had decided that we were going to do something tropical this year and not go skiing. Well then I got a phone call from my father-in-law telling me of a 14 year old boy that was only given 14 months to live due to cancer. A certain organazation(I dont care to name) offered a make a wish type deal to the young man. He requested to go skiing in the the snow with his family. The organazation said they couldnt help with that so they give him a gift card to Best Buy...

When I got wind of this story my father-in-law and I got together with the rest of our family and now that boy and his family are going skiing this year in Red River, New Mexico with us. Everyone came together and pitched in and got him and his family setup.

I have never meet this boy still to this day, but I know how much I love to snow ski and if that was my last request I hope someone would be good enough to help me out.

Caring lives in us all, but its up to each one of us to help it grow and live out side of us....
MR. & MRS. S
--Streamin & Gleamin--
Airstreamless, but havent lost our passion for them. Currently looking for the next project!
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:56 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member
2007 23' Safari SE
Matawan , New Jersey
Thumbs up

MR - Thanks for posting that link. What an awesome group of guys.

The media is filled with so many negative stories ...seems like that's what "sells newspapers" as they say. Human nature perhaps, to be curious about the rich and famous.

It's good to hear about regular folks who are willing to put themselves out there to make a real difference. Not surprised to find that here on this forum.

We will be following that thread and hoping for the best.

Happy traveling...
Claude & Marianne

2007 23' Safari SE Lounge (IdaJune)
'05 Toyota 4Runner LE 4.7 V8 4WD w/ tow package
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
Tin Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #13
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Sweet and heartwarming stories.

We benefit so much when we work to cultivate generous and giving hearts.

Do what you can, when you can, to those especially in need or just as a kind gesture to someone else.

It warms your heart, and theirs.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:55 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member
2007 23' Safari SE
Matawan , New Jersey
Checked in on the Tri-five Miracle Gasser thread today.

All the guys are on their way to PA.
Hope they post lots of pictures so we can follow along.

MR - since you are part of that forum...any way we can donate?
They put some Pay Pal links on the thread. What do you think?
Would love to give these guys some support.

Happy traveling...

Claude & Marianne

2007 23' Safari SE Lounge (IdaJune)
'05 Toyota 4Runner LE 4.7 V8 4WD w/ tow package
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
Tin Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote