Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2006, 10:58 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
And the "Pink Flamingo" goes to. . .

I hope this thread is acceptable to the forum and the persons hereafter recognized. Moderators, please remove the thread if you see potential issues. I know that we have been recipients of thoughtful one-on-one assistance from several people on the forum, and I suspect that many of you have as well. If the Film Academy in Hollywood can recognize their finest, shouldn't we? Who has been your "Forum Hero?" Make your award (Pink Flamingo"--any better ideas?) and briefly explain. Let's all agree that while we may "award" someone, probably a dozen others are equally deserving I'll begin with . . .a Pink Flamingo Statuette (just imagine it!) for. . .
1. Roger 85MH 325When we were first searching for an Airstream, Roger offered us such excellent advice, by posts, PM's, and phone. Because of him, we bought our Airstream with confidence and that has made all the difference. Roger, did you even know how important you were in our decision?
2. Chaplain Kent: I am technically challenged. I cannot access many of the attachments, and so on. When I could not access the March newsletter, Kent refused to let me continue in ignorance. He perservered when I was ready to give up, finally sending me a copy of the newsletter itself (excellent by the way!). Thanks for taking time in such a thoughtful way, Kent!
Now, who else has a Forum Hero to celebrate? ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1950 25' Cruiser
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Lebanon , Ohio
Thumbs up tin sista gets my vote

I have never met her.......
But her posts are always gracious and often humorous

Jim Jarzabek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #3
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
If we are going to present a "Pink Flamingo" award for the first time, my recommendation is for Andy R. Without his vision and dedication, my circle of Airstream friends would be very small and my knowledge would fit inside that circle. Thanks Andy for getting us all together.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I have to vote for Balgrn. He has helped me so much and he has helped everyone I have sent to him for advice. I know all the women Airstream owners I have sent to Andre with questions think he is the most patient and helpful man. His wife Susan is a lucky woman.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:50 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juel
I have to vote for Balgrn. He has helped me so much and he has helped everyone I have sent to him for advice. I know all the women Airstream owners I have sent to Andre with questions think he is the most patient and helpful man. His wife Susan is a lucky woman.
Balgrn is a member of my WBCCI Unit and he is indeed a fantastic person! Now that this has been said I also think his wife is fun, cool, easy going and just plain nice! Balgrn is a very lucky man.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:25 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
One more vote for Balrgn,,, Andre is the wizard of airstreams with a heart of gold and his joy of life is evident in all that he does for others,, and for the benefit of airstreams and airstreamers , his love has no bounds!
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
It is a difficult choice. I am equally pleased by the humor and the technical assistance, oops, not to mention the welcomes and the camping pointouts and ....

But tonight I am still laughing at the animated GIF at the bottom of 2airishuman's post that opened up "it's Thursday and I like my Airstream because....", so my vote goes to 2air!! Not to mention his other consistently sidespliting posts, of course. And all the other posters who have great tongue-in-cheek talent.

Roger
Old 03-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterdog
One more vote for Balrgn,,, Andre is the wizard of airstreams with a heart of gold and his joy of life is evident in all that he does for others,, and for the benefit of airstreams and airstreamers , his love has no bounds!
Great, there will be no living with him at our rallies now....

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:32 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Overlander64 (Kevin Allen) gets my vote. He was the first ever to reply to a thread I posted. The guy is an encyclopedia of Airstream knowledge. I wonder if anyone has ever stumped him? He doesn't just give you a quick answer, he tells you the history as well. I love that!
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote