Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2006, 03:24 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Aluminitis Defined

I have to thank Chaplain Kent for defining Aluminitis for me; thank you. I usually hang out behind my wife's apron strings (Chaplain Kent's terminolgy) and every once in a while get the gumption to reply/chime in. I was looking over a thread where Aluminitis was defined and reading that it had to do with proximity to an Airstream and such. Is there such a thing as Aluminitis by Proxy? I'll explain.

My dear and lovely bride (Macfrodge on the forums) and I decided to take the boys (4 and 7) camping in our brand new large tent. We enjoyed very good weather, excellent company, great site yada, yada, yada. On the way home the Darla (my pet name for wife) says she really enjoyed our first camping adventure and that we should do this again; great idea says I, not really understanding what was happening. FYI, this was June 18,2006.....

On Monday June 19 I come home from work to find an Airstream brochure on the kitchen table. I also found out she had gone to the local dealer and toured a few different models and had scoured North America looking to find info on price and where to purchase. Needless to say, a 2005 25' International sits in my driveway and from D-day this only took 5 weeks to acquire, including an 1, 100 mile round trip adventure to pick-up said trailer! Now here's my question/s: Is this Aluminitis; is this this Acute Aluminitis or is this is a significant grey matter deficiency that may require a visit to a Neurologist??

On another note, my wife and I would like to extend a hearty, "Get well soon and our thoughts are with you," to Chaplain Kent. We both find you to be (from the forums) a kind and thoughful soul. To many more adventures on the highways aboard Chummy!!!

Cheers,
Stephen
User817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 04:57 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Thank goodness I was looking for a Vintage model--it took longer to find. I finally happened onto my Caravel, but after almost a year of trying to buy it, the Overlander came available and I snapped it up. Well, you guessed it, no sooner than the Overlander was mine, the Caravel owners called and I sure couldn't pass up Mbuti (Shorty or, really, Pygmy). So in the space of a month I went from Zero to Two. Number three was a little slower, about 6 years later (after chasing after that very Sovereign for over 3 years). Now a 25' has got its hooks in me ... and ... I'm ... falling ... down .... the ... Airstream ... hole.......

Just another version of the Aluminitis virus.

Good luck Chaplin, hope you can keep writing your column in the interim.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:17 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Good time to chime in!

Chaplain Kent, you have our best wishes for a solid recovery and great outcome. I do look forward to a good time in a campground hosted by you!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote