Old 10-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #15
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
The Forum is the other club. It does have more rules than 2 though.

Gene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
That pretty much rules out most Airforums members, doesn't it?
The forum has more members than the "red number club", and is probably a more real representation of the population. As such, we have more personalities, and more chance for friction. As for the rules... Many of the forums' rules were written after somebodty did something not-so-nice, or just plain stupid, and their excuse was "there's no rule against it". So a rule had to be written. Personally, I'd have just banned them (and have done just that in the past), but if we banned everybody that did something dumb, we'd probably have a membership of, oh, 12--on a good day. And I'd probably have been banned years ago.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Upperco , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by richinny View Post
maybe one of these for the shower would help?

Listo Corporation presents : Marking Pencils & Refill Leads
I can see the headline now... man slips in shower and impales self on pen. Not a pleasant way to go.

And yes, Gene, I agree. I'll be spending tomorrow hosting Brenda Newport and her lovely family for a day in Baltimore... a little Airforums karma. There is a difference, I think, between the help of kindly individuals and the help of a group of folks who have pulled together for a common cause. Comraderie, my friend, is something that translate poorly online.

hampstead38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Akron , Ohio
Hi All,
For those of you who don't know who Brenda Newport is...check out the Bucket list help/Washington, DC -thread started by Foiled Again a couple of months ago.

Brenda has cancer and is doing a "bucket list" with and for her children. She's a midwife with about 30 years practice, 9 kids of her own 4 of whom are still at home, ages 9-17 (Christian homeschooler also).

Airstreamers can be very kind and generous in spite of being obsessed with aluminum!

Someone on Forums suggested setting up a bank account and many folks who couldn't help her physically sent money to help fund a trip to Williamsburg and DC. Not only are they helping her spend the time with her kids but creating memories and a first hand history lesson. These kids may be losing their mother but their "Alumin-Angels" are helping to teach them that God is with them and He works through people.

Hampstead, thanks for hosting them and have a great time.
Post some pictures, PLEASE...Pretty Please!
Prudence-pb
aka Karen
Old 10-18-2009, 09:35 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Akron , Ohio
Thanks for the pictures you posted on the bucket list "help/washington dc thread", they're great!
I figure Brenda is spending today sleeping off the trip and snuggling with Jim so I'll call her tomorrow to have a gab-fest about everything.

I'll post some more pictures later,
Thanks again...you rock,
Karen
Old 10-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
The original Aluminaut

Aluminaut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I knew that name sounded familiar. . .
Old 10-20-2009, 10:32 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Upperco , Maryland
Karen,

I called and left a message on Brenda's phone today, hoping she had a safe and uneventful trip home and the kids were settling back into a routine. Travel is wonderful... but coming home is even better. We may be traveling through Ohio on Halloween weekend. Maybe we'll have a chance to stop by and say "Hello" to the gang. As for the day in Baltimore, I honestly say it was our pleasure.

hampstead38 is offline   Reply With Quote