Old 01-11-2018, 12:24 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1960 26' Overlander
In the North , FRANCE
Airstream trailer 34'

Hi there,

Happy new year at all,

I'm trying to find informations about Airtream Trailer in 34 ft with triple axles.

I'm interrested to Air before 1987 because I only can do the homologation for an Airstream before this year (it does have 30 years old minimum).

I have some Airstream books but not enough informations about plan, model, weight...

What do you advize me? How can I meet the informations ?

Thank you so much.

Cheers.

GaŽl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:51 PM   #2
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
Look at the model specific threads. 33/34s built as Internationals, Excella II, and Limited models. The classified section may be helpful too. Good luck in your research. Pat

PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:52 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
Conifer , Colorado
Hello from Colorado: We have had our 1986 34' Limited in the family since it was new. We are the current caretakers since 2005. I bet our Limited has over 200,000 miles of travel on it through the years. We enjoy it very much.

We find our Limited very comfortable and appreciate the extra room in the front area and storage closets. There is room for my recliner chair as well as the front couch. The trailer has two furnaces to keep us warm. The Limited model came with the Airstream factory hickory wood cabinetry that looks nice and has held up very well through the years.

The down side is Airstream used OSB strand flooring from about 1984 through about 2006. This low cost flooring material turns to mush when wet for prolonged periods. I have repaired a couple of rotted out sections due to rain water leaks.

My axles are at the end of their life. So I have three of those babies to buy soon.

The trailer appliances like furnace, water heater, water pump, air conditioner are standard travel trailer fare and easily replaced when they wear out.

When looking at these Airstreams, the standard inspection list applies. A good body is most important, and then that cheap subfloor. Check all around for mushy spots. A good frame is important too. You gotta check wiring and plumbing all works. Then assess the condition of items from the tires on up to the air conditioner. The more stuff that works, the more the trailer is worth.

I don't know if Airstream made these trailers to the European specifications. You would have to research that.

Hope this helps...

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1607 Wellington Limited Castle (Small).JPG
Views:	36
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	302271  
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:22 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
Doubs , France
Hello countryman.
I think your research to
I think your research has something in common with mine.
As has already been said
Problem of floor and frame.
For us French, I think the main thing to know is the weight.
Greeting.
Landozoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:55 AM   #5
jcl
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaŽl View Post
I have some Airstream books but not enough informations about plan, model, weight...

What do you advize me? How can I meet the informations ?

Thank you so much.

Cheers.
If you haven't already done so, recommend you look at the document archive for the year you are interested in, on the Airstream site. You will find weights, dimensions, floor plans, etc. Be aware that these figures are factory weights, and may not include installed options.

https://www.airstream.com/service/document-archive/
jcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:26 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1960 26' Overlander
In the North , FRANCE
Thank you David for your answer and for your experience.

At the moment, the trailer should be stayed in the same place in a trailer park and the maximum weight can't be higher than 3.500kgs (7.700 lbs) because in France, we can tow a trailer up to 3.500kgs no more with a vehicle.

I can do the necessary during the importation to limit the weight at 7.700 lbs if the real weight is around 8.700 lbs max. and if it's heavier, i'm not sure to get there.

In few years, I think to tow it if I wish to move the place...

@ Landozoor, I'm Travel-Trailer from the other american 4x4x forum ;-) (et je suis preneur si tu as des infos ! )

@ jcl : Thank you ! I have already seen this link and I had forgotten it !