Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2006, 09:12 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Airstream toys

I promise that I tried to find an existing thread on this subject, but it's eluding me! I would love to find some A/S related toys, especially a little truck and trailer set. Do they exist? Lots of lights, etc. but no real toys. Thanks for any info.!
janet
janetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:24 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1988 29' Excella
PATAGONIA , Arizona
Last Week I Saw Two Or Three On E-bay
TIMETOGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:04 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Jackpot! Thanks. I checked a few weeks ago with no luck but now there are some tempting items.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:56 AM   #4
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
are you talking about "decorative models", or an actual "toy" that one might give, say, a 3-year-old boy who is as obsessed w/ airstreaming as his old man?
if the latter, please post a link.

I haven't seen much. I did get a small jeep/white-box combo from CW...jeep has one of those spring-motors. but its a little fragile for a toddler. a "Fisher-Price" or "tonka" type would be just the thing, but they don't seem to exist.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:11 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Two Harbors , Minnesota
I bought one of the toy Airstream trailers that was on the cover of Airstream Life I think last Summer. It is about $50 but is quite nice...found on e-bay...more than one "new in the box" for sale.
It is very detailed...production quality is just a bit lacking (maybe true to the actual AS )...and I do enjoy showing to my grandkids.

It has a few parts that could cause small children a problem...a small antenna mounted on the side...and I am sure 8-12 year olds would have fun with it but it would not hold up to lots of kid use. I keep on a dresser for my wife to keep seeing.

At this stage it has to do since I am still a wanabe .

I also found a couple of pretty nice "normal" TT toys at I think PPL...

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/d...-motorhome.htm

These are very nice for kids to play with and are not very expensive (not AS however).

Happy Thanksgiving...Tom R in Two Harbors, Minnesota
TomR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:09 AM   #6
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
yeah, that one on the cover of AS Life is not a "toy".

I got the one from the PPL link...he had it for about 5 minutes before the hitch broke off. I rigged up a replacement w/ a paper clip. the trailer body pops off its frame pretty easily, too. again, not meant for "little" kids.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:54 AM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
Chevron gas stations have toy cars, trailers, etc. available - including an airstream. My son has been collecting them, but so far we have been unable to locate the airstream.
2001 Honda XR650R
Currently Looking...for an Avion Truck Camper (or a Classic Argosy MoHo)

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:02 PM   #8
Addicted to Aluminum

1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
there's a really nice franklin mint model that pops up on eBay every now and again... perfect to play smash-em-up with the rest of my franklin mint muscle cars!

i'm glad i have a GIRL!!! ha!

jp

• • •
• • • • •
8576 • • • • • • • •
there's always room for one more!
A-Merry-Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:26 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
South Berwick , Maine
Hot Wheels has had a couple of car/Airstream models in their collectable line such as Hemmings Motor News. There's also a campsite setup for HO model trains that uses a few put together Airstreams.
peegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:58 PM   #10
Addicted to Aluminum

1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
don't forget the potery barn one. really heavy, and no moving parts! the motor cuty classic is a nice model. i still want to get my hands on one of those broklyn bambi models... maybe santa is a member of the forums? look santa! i'm a rivet master! and no warnings against me!

jp

• • •
• • • • •
8576 • • • • • • • •
there's always room for one more!
A-Merry-Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:02 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
I've found some of the "not for kids" toy models on ebay which are fine to collect, but on closer scrutiny, they wouldn't work. I'd really like to find something more appropriate for a 4 yr. old.
Like Chuck mentioned, if Tonka made a set, that would be perfect!
Janet
Old 11-24-2006, 07:21 AM   #12
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Two Harbors , Minnesota
Hi Janet...go to the PPL link I posted above. They have a TT with a tow vehicle, a class a and a class c. Even though they are not AS...my grandkids love to play with them. They have the kind of wheels that if you slide them backwards on the floor they "wind up" a bit and move forward down the floor.

They a very reasonable and I now have my grandkids trained on the differences of TT/Class A/Class C/5er etc.

I use the Motor City model to just show them what an AS is (especially since I don't have one yet) Tom R in Two Harbors, Minnesota
TomR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 07:26 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

1988 29' Excella
PATAGONIA , Arizona
Does A Toy As Need A Sway Bar? Ha-ha
Old 11-24-2006, 07:56 AM   #14
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatPumpkin
Chevron gas stations have toy cars, trailers, etc. available - including an airstream. My son has been collecting them, but so far we have been unable to locate the airstream.
I looked on their website, and can't find anything that looks like an airstream. They do have a white-box camper, and several models of their cars have corresponding hitches. And these definately look to be for little kids...says "age 3 and up".

no chevron stations around here...but looks like you can order them through the web.

the different vehicles look kind of like the characters from the disney "cars" movie...but from reading the site, it looks like they've been around for quite some time.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:15 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1988 29' Excella
PATAGONIA , Arizona
A Model Co. Called The Franklin Mint, I Think Has A A.s. And Tv Combo. But Its Not For Kids. Starting Price Is $125 Also Try The Danbury Mint. Same Kind Of Price. This Toy Is Only To Look At,not Play
Old 11-24-2006, 08:57 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
I looked on their website, and can't find anything that looks like an airstream. They do have a white-box camper, and several models of their cars have corresponding hitches. And these definately look to be for little kids...says "age 3 and up".

no chevron stations around here...but looks like you can order them through the web.

the different vehicles look kind of like the characters from the disney "cars" movie...but from reading the site, it looks like these been around for quite some time.
Cool, I never tried to find them on the web
Yeah I see there are a few that look like "Cars", but they've definitely been around longer. (1996) My son has been collecting them for awhile, and he assures me there is an Airstream (however I've never been able to find one, and I wasn't able to find one online either?) He recently got the (SOB ) "Hap E Camper"
I just looked thru the entire? list and didn't find an AS model, so I emailed them to see if they have made one, and if not how about it? . I'll let you know if I find out anything positive.

"In 1996, the first Chevron Cars rolled off the production line. There are now 50 Chevron Cars, including all the regular edition cars, the Limited Edition collection, and Special Edition Breast Cancer Awareness cars. In addition, there are four mini cars and a series of five Autopia cars. Find information on each of the Chevron collectible toy cars by clicking on the car images below."
2001 Honda XR650R
Currently Looking...for an Avion Truck Camper (or a Classic Argosy MoHo)

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:29 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Thanks, Great Pumpkin (can't type that without smiling) please keep me posted if you hear anything.
Janet
Old 09-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Airstream Bank

In case anyone would be interested:

I found this in a catalog.

Vintage Trailer Bank - Creations and Collections

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote