Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-08-2003, 11:17 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Airstream or I don't think so...

Hi Guys....
U most likely kn this site, but if U r bored for jus 1 moment...then be a sport an take a look at this NOT so Airstream.

www.molestedcars.com

Go to W T F !?! page TWO, centre pic...any ideas of it's origin...Chris.....
Old 08-09-2003, 05:11 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Amazing what some people will expend their energy on, or in the case below, NOT.

This 1967 26' Overlander has sat in the same spot, across the road from me for over 15 years. And, nope he will not sell it. Body appears to be in good shape. Interior, wellllllll................

First thing it's going to need is new axles, tires and wheels.....if there is anything left of the bellypan and frame.
Attached Images

Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 05:50 AM   #3
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Jumping jacks and sparklers

Living here in Texas with a big Hispanic population, I see more than my share of butchered vehicles.

Pickup trucks with tiny wheels, flame decals, and tons of plastic geegaws are the most common thing. The cost of the add-ons usually exceeds the basic value of the truck.

A big thing here is small Japanese imports with wide, small diameter, wheels/tires protruding way out of the fender wells. They look like they are on roller skates.

Of course, the non-Hispanic population isn't immune. There are plenty of what I call "testosterone trucks"; pickup trucks raised about 2 feet above the axles and with huge tires. The worst that I have seen is the operator of the car wash in town who has a tiny Toyota mini-truck body with the door sills about 5' in the air over huge tires. The truck is covered in flame decals and roll bars bars with about 6 halogen lights. He is athletic enough to grab the seat and arm rest and get up in one leap. "Mere mortals" couldn't get in without a stepladder.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 07:08 AM   #4
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Cool

One person's trash is another's treasure.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 07:10 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
http://www.beaterz.com/ The site that guy is aspiring too be.

http://poseur.4x4.org/index.html Check out those tow rigs!

THis one is just plain sad if your into muscle cars.
http://www.carsinbarns.com/
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 07:13 AM   #6
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
That Kenworh outta be able to tow the 34' Classic S/O without issue!

The american muscle car thing was very sad......
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 10:32 AM   #7
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinkie
That Kenworh outta be able to tow the 34' Classic S/O without issue!

The american muscle car thing was very sad......
I'm sure that Don in E Texas can tow any Airstream ever built with his big orange truck. I saw Don's orange truck at the Region 9 rally in Harlingen, but either Don wasn't posting then or I had overlooked his posts. I walked past the orange truck a number of times and didn't stop to talk. Wish I had known.

I often pass a remarkable RV a couple of miles from home and I never have the camera. It looks from the road like a Kenworth cab spliced onto a big white-box trailer. From the road, it looks like it is rigid rather than a tractor-trailer. If so, going around corners must be an adventure since it is l-o-n-g! Someday, I'll get a photo to post. Today, I had the camera and it was gone.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 11:05 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Wheeeeeelie !!!!.........

HI Guys,
....It's HOT over here already, at 06-45, very unusual for the UK, ( must b that can of FL: sunshine we opened last week... ).
I like lots of things, I love lots of things, a lot of things I put up with...well don't we ALL...LOL,
Now when it comes to transport...U will never meet a stranger Guy than ME....I'm NOT realy strange...I'm different, in my own little way, lol.
U know what I mean when I say U either like it or loathe it,
People like 2b different, 2b noticed, 2b themselves...and I like the OLDER vehicles, such unique as they r...I like some MODERN too, IE: P T Cruisers, H/Vs...an so on...but a real UGLY molested classic vehicle does NOTHING 4 me, I will study it, mainly out of curiosity...I say this, if the owner LIKES it, that's ALL that counts...those who don't need not ride in it, but then I guess second-class riding is better than FIRST-class WALKING.. !!!.
There is a Lad near me who's SOUND SYSTEM is 3 times the value of his car...He's a happy chappy...an so r WE...when he turns off the darn NOISE...
These pieces of motorised ART r COOL, don't get me wrong, a lot of blood-sweat-tears, have paid a great part in it's creation...an I dread 2 think of the " Cost of these here machines...U mean U did'nt go right up to the factory...It's cheaper that way..." I do admire the finished project...but that's the point, they NEVER r...they jus DON't kn when 2 stop...
Cut, sew, bang, molest, chop, paint, flames, chop, lights, HUGE rubber, chrome...I bet the parts Guy's LOVE these car nuts...
P.S. I LOVE that K/W...Chris.....
Old 08-10-2003, 09:56 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Irish Travellers

I trust the folks in Jackson Center are gathering all the insight these pages contain, cuz there's plenty! My wife took this picture in western Ireland while vacationing with her book club.

The slide-out bath looks like it would aggravate rear end separation. I see they're up to date with satellite receivers. I really want Airstream to get together with West Marine and come up with a conning tower just like this unit has!

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beara peninsula by allihies.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	2594  

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 11:17 AM   #10
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Nice box...

Hi Bob 'n ALL...
Sure is a smart HORSE-BOX, lucky 'ole nag...must b one hellofa runner 2b able to afford a HORSE-MOBILE-HOME...lol, an a shower extention too...

Did anyone hear what that BLOND did at VEGAS last weekend, she took her clothes off at the crapp table, threw the dice, scooped up ALL the kitty money, got dressed, smiled an walked away. No one knew if it WAS her number or not...infact NO-ONE CARED...
Thinking of visiting Boston common, whilst we r there this comin Jan:, any one kn if there will b any Bostonian Wombles roaming abt at that time of the year, or do they hibernate 'till the spring...
Well I gotta go take a shower, an cool off a little...
If God made all men EQUAL...how come my pal is 18 inches TALLER than I...Chris.....
Old 08-10-2003, 08:13 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Wonderful pictures --- thanks for sharing!!

John ---- the Region 9 Ralley in S Texas was the first time we ever used our Airstream. We had just purchased it in S Texas - had it stored in the lot where we purchased our truck. Then we found out about the ralley and signed up for it. So this was way prior to finding out about this fantastic group here on this forum.

Hope our friends in the UK get some cooler weather. Hard to keep good Ales at the proper temp, you know.

don
Old 08-11-2003, 01:03 AM   #12
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Don in E Texas...

Good morning 2 U ....an welcome...
...I'm not as think as U drunk I am...Hick!!!
Glad U found Yr pleasure zone at last
...Chris.....