Old 12-31-2006, 09:17 AM   #1
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Airstream Nightmares / Dreams

I know I can't be alone in this.
Last night I had a Airstream nightmare. I was towing to a rally (upcoming Can opener probably got this part in there). For some reason I was towing through an old military base (been to many). After leaving I looked in the rear view mirrow and could not see my trailer!

I stopped got out and was amazed to see something had squashed it to half its normal height! The door still worked. I opened it and looked in. Everthing was a mess (duh!), but you could see to the back of the trailer. The bed was still intact and useable. Ok now the trailer is totaled. (flash back to my real accident)

Another airstreamer pulled up and asked what happened. I responded, I did not know. He offer up his assesment of the situation, it looked like someone took a fork lift to it and pushed it down. Ok, who would do a thing like that? No answer.

At this point I woke up and had to use the girls room. I wanted to see how this dream ended but when I went back to sleep I had different dream the rest of the night. I am not going there with that one.

Maybe it had something to do with the italian food I ate that evening. Too much garlic?

So who else has Airstream Dreams?

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:23 AM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
You know, I started to read this and shook my head in disbelief until I had realized it was just a dream....I was thinking of all the folks this could have happened too.....

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:32 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
We've actually been asleep in the camper and I've woke up thinking we were rolling down a hill ........that little smiley is pretty much what I looked like when I woke up!

I hate those kind of dreams..they freak ya out!
NEU
enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:55 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Airstream dreamin'

Yeah...me too.

I am cruising thru a beautiful countryside and come upon three BEAUTIFUL, scantily clad, nymphs. I stop and ask if they want a ride....they reply in unison....IN YOUR DREAMS!
Old 12-31-2006, 10:23 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Well, so far I haven't had THE dream; however, I always live in fear of looking back while towing and not seeing the Twink back there. Since I got the weight distribution, sway bar, chains, kill switch thing, I know in my heart that I can't just lose the Argosy, BUT I still worry. I can't imagine pulling one of those loooong AS like cats does. She is my hero. I bet she can back that thing up too. I do dream of being able to back a trailer.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:23 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Nightmare,, trailer wreck on a deserted mountain highway,, dream,,, living the winter in warmer climes,,, meanwhile, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY ONE! Spending mine in the Safari with a new dvd,,, furnace on of course,,, cheers,,, donna
Old 12-31-2006, 12:32 PM   #7
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
When we had our 79 Ambassador the hot water heater was really loud for some reason so when the flame kicked on at night I would wake up feeling a little freaked out. That was the closest to a nightmare.
It was well maintained so I could fall back to sleep but man was it loud and the gaucho we slept on was close to it, so we really heard it.

Dreams, oh it would be a dream to full time for a bit!
Old 12-31-2006, 01:51 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
First dreamed on a trip in the Rockies, recurrent since then: pulling AS up a high, hairpin, mountain road, on the outside, as we head into a turn, the road just fizzles out and we slowly pitch over. . . Honest, it's a nightmare! Dreams to keep have us on the road, everyone safe at home, and we have NO return-to-work-and-routine date to keep. Ah-h-h-
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:33 PM   #9
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Last time I remember dreaming while sleeping in the Airstream, I dreamt I ate a giant marshmallow. I woke up the next morning, and couldn't find my pillow...

Seriously, I have had a few odd dreams, but they were mainly from being overtired, and sleeping in a strange place. Most odd dreams I have are on night #1 of a new trip, when I am still trying to get used to sleeping in the Overlander.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:40 PM   #10

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
When the road gets smooth, no other traffic around things get real quiet. I have to look in the rear view mirrow to see if the trailer is still there. Of course if the trailer were suddenly depart the tow vehicle. I would expect it to leap forward in freedom.

When the trailer seperated my the truck during the accident I did not feel it.
PS If I am correct I just earned my 5th rivet!

Old 12-31-2006, 05:50 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have no only survived an accident and your nightmares, you are a RIVET MASTER. And now tell us....can you back that trailer?
Old 12-31-2006, 05:59 PM   #12

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Yeah,
I can back the trailer. The real test will come next weekend when I have an audience at the Can Opener. It might take me a couple trys to get it exactly where I want it but I can do it!

Old 12-31-2006, 06:01 PM   #13
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
I have found the biggest challenge to one's backing skills is a large audience. Good luck.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:07 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by juel
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have no only survived an accident and your nightmares, you are a RIVET MASTER. And now tell us....can you back that trailer?
Congratulations Rivetmaster Michelle! Do you feel extra special now?

My nightmare is I look in the rearview mirror and instead of my Airstream, I have an SOB in tow...somebody switched them when I wasn't looking.