Old 04-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
A blast from the past

Originally Posted by TomW View Post
... So I will probably just carry the lucky-Airstream-finding-aluminum-horseshoe I bought from RichardT a couple of months ago on my next trip.
I was sifting through my Airstream folder a little while ago looking for something else, and found the Certificate of Authenticity RichardT provided with the aluminum horseshoe I bought in a now-gone thread.

While I have not been looking for additional Airstreams, for the last five years the horseshoe has reminded me of how lucky I have been in many other ways.

Everyone should have a lucky aluminum horseshoe. They work.

Thanks, RichardT.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CoA.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	99854   Click image for larger version

Name:	Horseshoe.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	99855  

1967 Airstream Overlander International
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:43 AM   #16
Rivet Master
Awesome! I still have a few Lucky horseshoes around somewhere!

Those were happier times here.

RichardT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:06 AM   #17
Rivet Master
1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Just dont give up. I Looked till I was almost blind. Craigs List /Ebay/ then I found AirForums classifieds. Believe it or not,our trailer was in all 3. If you are looking for perfect FORGET IT. If you can live and use it with a few imperfections(which we still have) then you maybe in luck.
One thing I would caution U about,IF YOU CANT REACH OUT and TOUCH IT PASS.
Ours was about 1 1/2 hr drive away. The PO was very knowledgeable about what he had done and there was alot of paper work where there had been work done by the 2 previous owners. We make the 4th owner since 1977 .
Roger & MaryLou
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
Springtime is the best time for RV hunting in Florida -- some folks just decide they snowbirded their last and don't want to drag it home, some are first-timers, hated it and put the rig up for sale, some are facing a divorce...

The Blue Beret sometimes has an ad or two and a few of the unit newsletters have some.

Best source I believe is our very own classifieds. The down side is that this is a knowledgeable group so most units are fairly priced -- finding the $500 Bambi in someone's barn isn't going to happen...

The big dealerships often have used rigs they took in trade. Generally, they want top dollar but times have been a mite lean for awhile and you may pick up a deal.

n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote