Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
What a cute smiley face!!! Brings out the childhood whimsey for life! Thanks for the smile!
~Cari~
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1993 36' Land Yacht
jackson , Tennessee
As a person in the entertainment business I am astonished by the complete lack of a sense of humor on the part of most of these people. They evidently think their worn out trailer or MOHO was designed by Picasso. You buy em. you drive em. Your kids, who have no idea like you what they're worth put em on ebay and hope for a downpayment on new truck. I have been busted beyond comprehension by a lot of the people who visit here regularly. I absolutely love it. I am NOT trolling but I guarantee you that a 'moderator' will eliminate this post and ban me from the site in the next five minutes. There is always RV net. So be it.
bukib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #23
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukib View Post
I absolutely love it. I am NOT trolling but I guarantee you that a 'moderator' will eliminate this post and ban me from the site in the next five minutes. There is always RV net. So be it.
Oh, I dunno...sure sounds like flamebait to me!

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): https://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: https://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #24
Chief Chili Cook

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
If you think airforums is cool, try one of the rallies! Best group of people ever, and what a sight to see when you get a bunch of airstreams together.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

Round Rock , Texas
I agree with the OP and all but one poster here. This is a great group of people.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Stress Reliever

I don't know about the rest of you all....but I lead a very stressful life.

My work is very stressful. I've got a lot going on at home...I'm always busy. I work about 60 hours a week at work and probably 20 hours a weekend at home....

The Silver Trailers to me are a Stress Reliever! Maybe that sounds nuts, as we end up wrenching on them all the time....but I find it to be...fun. Theraputic even!

Sure, a big ol' monster bus conversion would have more room. But man oh man do I like to get my old silver twinkie shined up (I use Parfe wax...) and put the five blue ZipDee's out. Rare is the time that I go to a campground with the old girl and set her up and not get compliments. And I don't mean to sound like some arrogant alumamaniac. No, I like my old trailer for what it is. Sure, maybe it cost 1/50 what the rig beside me cost, but I still get compliments.

My dad owned a slew of the white boxes with the stick built frames...they all leaked and rotted up. My silver tube needed a little Kool Seal on the roof seams but other than that, she's cool.

The work I have done on it has been a labor of love, so to speak. Yes, maybe I am nuts...but some physical work on a recreational vehicle I find to be a great de-tox from day to day managerial stress.

Besides, my two young kids love going camping....if you can call a 34 foot trailer with a/c camping (when I was a teenager, I'd walk into the woods with my Bowie knife and not emerge for three days.....all I can say is sleeping on my Simmons Beautyrest pillowtop and having a hot shower beats the heck out of my stick and leaf lean-to that I'd build out of the wilderness!)

Silver Rigs Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Denver , Colorado
As a person in the entertainment business, I am astonished at the inability of some people to realise that if people don't laugh, you may not be telling the joke right.

I love this forum.

Blog: 300 Miles or 3:00
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #28

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlee
As a person in the entertainment business, I am astonished at the inability of some people to realise that if people don't laugh, you may not be telling the joke right.

I love this forum.
Well said Zlee!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #29
tpi
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Trabuco Canyon , California
Was out washing the trailer today, decided to check in here and saw this.

Its a great place. I've "only" been around since '05 and still see many of the same people here.
tpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #30
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukib View Post
I am NOT trolling but I guarantee you that a 'moderator' will eliminate this post and ban me from the site in the next five minutes.
Post still here after a day.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1959 17' Pacer
Long Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene

Post still here after a day.

Gene
Indeed. But it is certainly was an entertaining post straight from the entertainment industry.

Ever thought about that phrase? Do birthday party clowns and magicians count as the "entertainment industry"?

Alright I should probably scurry on back to the red light district thread and the political debate thread. (Crawford Gene's cat 2012)

But first, some seriousness: it seems that every part of my life has a forum that I get involved in: hiking/backpacking, FJ cruisers and offroading, sailing and every one seems to have a good forum network. However, the forums here are the most intelligent, articulate, respectful, and collaborative out of all of them, by far. And although I have my gripes about censorship amongst all the forums, heavier among some than others, I still use the forums heavily. It is because I am so thankful for this forum that I document my project and offer the little knowledge I have where I can, thus hopefully embracing this loop of positive feedback and productivity.

So thank you, airforums members.

1959 Pacer 18' Renovation - Knight in Shining Armor

Our Adventure Blog - Documenting our backpacking, hiking, camping, and Airstreaming
(still updating, haven't gotten to the Airstream trips yet)
worldinchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #32
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldinchaos View Post
Alright I should probably scurry on back to the red light district thread
Talk about "entertainment industry"...there's no pun there!

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): https://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: https://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #33
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
(Crawford Gene's cat 2012)
It is not my cat. He allows me to live here, but if he were bigger than me, I know he would eat me. Barb and the cat get along a lot better. If he were bigger than her, he might play with her and carry her around in his mouth for a while. I don't care for cats, but I think about 2/3 of my adult life there has been one or even two cats around. I do not understand why this has happened except everyone may have something they don't like to learn from. All I have learned from cats is that they are opportunistic, do not think like humans or dogs, always want to be on the other side of the door, and their fur would make a nice pair of gloves.

What kind of forum would cats have? Would they write about killing birds, mice, rabbits and sleeping and not much else? The mods would be dogs. I doubt a cat forum would be as friendly as this one.

Gene
Old 01-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1959 17' Pacer
Long Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
I don't care for cats, but I think about 2/3 of my adult life there has been one or even two cats around. I do not understand why this has happened except everyone may have something they don't like to learn from. All I have learned from cats is that they are opportunistic, do not think like humans or dogs, always want to be on the other side of the door, and their fur would make a nice pair of gloves.
Until the end of that discussion, I thought you were talking about "cougars". Then with the fur comment I realized you meant housecats... as in, the animals.

Either that or you were in Silence of the Lambs.

I'm respectfully withdrawing my support of Gene and or Gene's owner (the kitty cat) for 2012 Presidential candidates.

1959 Pacer 18' Renovation - Knight in Shining Armor

Our Adventure Blog - Documenting our backpacking, hiking, camping, and Airstreaming
(still updating, haven't gotten to the Airstream trips yet)
worldinchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #35
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
I'm respectfully withdrawing my support of Gene and or Gene's owner (the kitty cat) for 2012 Presidential candidates.
Good! No, Bad!

What was this thread about anyway?

Gene
Old 01-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #36
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene