Old 04-29-2016, 05:24 PM   #113
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Who does the HOA answer to?

Must be somebody....the city, if needed?

Seems a bit harassing, if you are not violating an existing rule.

Who determined your rig was lowering property values, and how did they make that determination?

Maggie

Old 04-29-2016, 05:28 PM   #114
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
Tell them to show you where it says that. Our HOA does have a prohibition on motor homes or travel trailers, but it is spelled out and I don't want to park mine here anyway. In Texas, HOA are governed by the state and lean in favor of the home owner, don't know how it is in Co.

Old 04-29-2016, 05:36 PM   #115
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
It would be interesting to know exactly what the HOA letter said, and the provision/language of your home owner's agreement which the Interstate allegedly violates. People in these types of positions can be a pain, but if their interpretation has been applied consistently in your locale, you may have an uphill fight on your hands IMO, even if they are narrow-minded and all the other things said about them.

One door closing may be another opening . . .

Good luck,

Peter
Old 04-30-2016, 07:05 AM   #116
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
My guess is somewhere within the by-laws is a restriction on RV units of any kind. We have one in our township. It states an RV can be parked on ones property for no longer than 72 hours and specifically for loading and unloading only. No person or animal may reside in said RV overnight. BUT, our local police enforce this only if a neighbor complains. Lucky for us we live in a terrific neighborhood, no one ever complains if we are working on the AS for longer than 72 hours, in fact one of them even offered her driveway as ours is tough to get into and not level.

I am not an HOA person.

Good luck

Bud

Bud & Alice (Bud posts)
Abby- Black Lab-TDI Certified
Hopey-Yellow Lab-TDI Certified
2017 30' Classic
2015 F350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:49 PM   #117
Rivet Master

Well, I called the city of Centennial yesterday and was told that the city and the county of Arapahoe have recently changed their bylaws, which reflect the same for most HOAs....homeowners may park an RV at their property for 48hrs in a one month time period to load or unload, then it must be moved to a storage facility.

So, that being the case, though I think it too restrictive, I must comply. I am still furious over it, but, have no emotional energy left to deal with it. I as told by the HOA president, that she had to move her RV to a storage lot, even after having a concrete pad built behind her fence, (because her RV extended above the 6' fence). She said "someone called in a complaint "because they could SEE THE TOP OF THE RV" when they walked by"!

She was very understanding and nice, but, she said that someone had called in a complaint, so the HOA must respond after complaints. She is able to give me a few extra days to get it into storage and out of the neighborhood, but, no more.

Since I bought it out of state, DMV said I must take Goliath to a dealership somewhere to get a Vin# verification form filled out, and also to get a weight verification done somewhere, and bring those forms in to get it registered and get tags. I also want to get it packed and set up and ready to travel, but, I guess that will have to wait till all this damn snow stops....and another storm may arrive next weekend. This one is here thru next Tuesday. Thanks to ElNino. 70's, then snow...70's then more snow...a truly odd spring season this year.

I'm tired of being told what to do, especially when the regs are so arbitrary...and I'm tired of being stressed over something that is out of my control....so, I continue to feel resistant, but, you can't fight if you can't win....so there we have it! It still irritates me to know that some one...for whatever reason they choose to do so, will wander the neighborhood, call in a complaint, and cause grief for others. HOA president is well aware of this old coot who walks around every day and complains, as he has called complaints on me, on her, as well as many others. He is known as a "frequent flyer"! I have seen him, grumbling over my Tab, Bambi...in prior years. Don't know who, but, HOA sure does. I hope....one day, he does not push me too far! At the least, I may feel inclined to tell him what an A..Hole he is!
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:31 PM   #118
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Castle Rock, CO & Boulder City, NV , CO/NV
Jukebox Junkyard is... OK- Figure that.

My brother lived in Lees Summit, Missouri. You could not park a trailer or RV on the public street or driveway over 24 hours. It needed to be in an enclosed RV garage built onto or next to the house.

One day he had a vending company give him some jukeboxes that were stored in a building in Kansas City (mid 1980's). The freight elevator was condemned and needed to be inspected for any repairs to be brought up to standards. It had been unused for a decade or more and the building was sold and needed to be emptied.

(In the process of cleaning out the vending equipment they found a 1940s' car that was 'trapped' among cartons and jukeboxes. The owners kept it.)

My brother and friend(s) hot wired the elevator. It worked. They rented a UHaul to haul Jukeboxes and some other vending games out of the second floor warehouse space.

He ended up with 100+ jukeboxes, maybe a couple of mechanical horses (Ride the Champion... for 10 cents kind). They filled the basement, garage and flowed out the drive way.

There was no regulation on having Jukeboxes sitting in the driveway. I do not recall how long it took to whittle them down off the driveway... but I am sure the neighbors were not happy.

You could have lived next to someone with the Jukebox Junkyard.

An Interstate... would have been a welcomed option.

Interested in a hundred jukeboxes for 'Yard Art'? My brother may be able to locate more that need a home... well, rather your yard. (Smiley Face...)
Old 04-30-2016, 04:50 PM   #119
Rivet Master

You know, Ray...I'll bet there is no regulation barring Junky Jukes. I'll also bet, given the happiness this area has for rules to govern EVERYTHING....they could throw together an amendment in a matter of hours! Sorry, I would have LOVED TO HAVE A Juke for my front yard! LOL! One with a very loud speaker....would have been SO MUCH FUN!!?
Old 04-30-2016, 04:54 PM   #120
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
Evelyn, I know this really upsets you. It is what it is. Don't let the hassle you are having to deal with take away from your joy of having Goliath. Laugh it off, realize how unhappy that person must be and relish in the thought that your life is so much more blessed and happy. I know it hurts to lose to someone like that but if you let it get to you, they will win, thats what they want, to make others as miserable as themselves. Don't worry, be happy.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:45 PM   #121
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
It blows my mind to think that somebody would think that having an Interstate parked in the neighbourhood "cheapens" the property value of the houses. I'm willing to bet that it is worth at least as much or more than some of the houses in the neighbourhood.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:34 PM   #122
Rivet Master

Thanks guys, for your support and for calming me down! It takes a lot to get me REALLY ANGRY, but, when I get there....it takes a lot to pull me back to normalcy....and a horrible headache usually comes with the anger. All of this.....is what I mean when I say "someone GOT MY IRISH UP!!!" And this situation did all of that! I like my Irish genes, except for the anger part. We don't get to pick and choose our genetics, though.

I usually deal pretty well with issues, try to stay calm....but, we all have our buttons that SHOULD NEVER BE PUSHED! This pushed them all! So....all better now....(and I promise to not follow this old coot home and set his house on fire.) I'm sure I would not be happy in jail.LOL!
Old 05-01-2016, 06:59 AM   #123
Rivet Master

2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
Evelyn,
So sorry to hear of your recent turn of events vis a vis your HOA/driveway situation.

There are people who feel that it is their Duty to inspect, report, and enforce anything that they can find amiss from their Standard of Perfection and/or Complete Submission to the letter of any rule or regulation. No matter if done rudely, sneakily, hurtfully, without regard to the proportion of their response to the matter at hand, and to Common Sense.

And they are usually people who are unable to be happy, in my experience. They have few actual problems of their own, or in great contrast, a huge problem in their life that they don't want to deal with. So they churn their time and energy "fixing" the world.

Avoid these people at all costs. There is nothing to be gained for yourself by interacting with them. They like to make trouble. They think they are helping, but only because they think themselves better than you and that their way is better and that you need to be told what to do.

We have a neighbor, and also a family member with these traits.

I have found it is best to never divulge any information, no matter how seemingly innocent. You risk unwanted interference.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:16 PM   #124
Rivet Master

I agree, PB...but I also believe this type must be very miserable and lacking any meaningful or positive things going on in their pathetic empty lives. As a marked contrast...I do have a life...a pretty full and nice life. I do not appreciate when someone...that I don't even know...or want to know...takes it upon themselves to attempt to control my life and cause difficulty for me. In my 77 years, I've come across many of these jerks. I do not interact with them...avoid them at all costs...but, when they are as relentless as this one or two jerks...it really gets MY IRISH UP!!!

No, I will not retaliate...will not lower myself to their pathetic level! I used to try to understand what drives these types to behave as they do....it is impossible. Now, in my later tears...I just don't care about these types of jerks. They are what they want to be.....power hungry control freaks! They must have little or no control in their own lives...as said...I JUST DON'T CARE. I have no further emotional energy to devote to it.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:24 PM   #125
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I think there are too many people in the world like you describe, Evelyn, and they are not worth getting your blood pressure up.

They find the petty, twisted satisfaction they glean from "getting" others some sort of justification for their otherwise miserable existence.

You can try to avoid them, but sometimes they come out of seemingly nowhere and you don't see it coming.

I have worked very hard over the years to not give these folks the satisfaction of seeing my anger or frustration... it feeds them, and keeps them coming back for more.

Do what you need to do, and don't let them rattle you.

Maggie
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2016, 03:45 PM   #126
Rivet Master

2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
Maggie,
Here Here.

You could cross stitch that on a pillow and sell them on Etsy!

And if you could add a "bless their hearts", it would be sure-fire hit.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote