Old 04-16-2016, 01:05 PM   #99
Rivet Master

Welcome, Jane. I seem to recall you visited with Maggie in S.C. recently? Will you be coming on our fall trip to Oregon?

I awoke this morning to see "Goliath" in front of my home, shrouded in heavy snow. He looks so cold and lonely out there, poor baby! We are getting another of our late spring snow storms....expecting 1- 1 1/2 feet of the heavy wet snow....

I went out yesterday to check battery levels and they are stable at 12.75. Given the reports of the magnitude of this storm system extending into Texas, Ok., Ks, NM, and Colorado.... I feel very relieved to be home with "Goliath" safe in front of my house!
I look forward to warmer weather and the ability to take him out to explore!

ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:53 PM   #100
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
My Bro in Law had to cancel his camping trip with the Scouts in the OK pan handle due to that weather system. was working outside in a tee shirt repairing the floor on my Argosy. I hope that weather doesn't make it to Ontario.

Old 04-17-2016, 05:04 PM   #101
Rivet Master

Gearheart, it seems we got the weather usually reserved for your part of the world! Not fair! LOL!

You can usually identify local Coloradans around here....they're the ones wearing Burkenstock sandals, short sleeves, and knee shorts in the middle of winter just because the sun came out...the day after a big snow! Those of us who are transplants...albeit, 37 years.....try to observe seasonal dress.

Sooner or later, all these spring snows will have passed, and I can begin planning some adventures!
Old 04-17-2016, 07:29 PM   #102
3 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
1990 34' Excella
Charleston , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLady View Post
Welcome, Jane. I seem to recall you visited with Maggie in S.C. recently? Will you be coming on our fall trip to Oregon
Hi Evelyn
No I won't be making it to OR but it sounds like fun. My husband, 2 dogs, & I went to Hunting Island State Park near Beuafort on the coast of SC this weekend & it is one of the prettiest parks we have been to. Sorry to hear about the late storm but hopefully it will be gone soon. Post pictures of your new IS. I bet it looks good!

Jane
Old 04-19-2016, 12:39 PM   #103
Rivet Master

Our recent snow storm came back last night with a parting shot of another couple inches. It is suppose to start a warmup toward the weekend. I am ready for it.

Daughter's birthday tomorrow, so off to the bakery for her favorite cake...a chocolate decadent something. Way too much for my tastes, but, it is her birthday....so she shall have it.

"Goliath" is still shrouded in snow, but, should lose it in the next couple days as the sun shows up!

Have a little Tagalong/caravan put together for the trip to Greenhorn Boondocking school location in June. I'm looking forward to it and really hope I'm up to the challenge. I really want this! My body will tell me soon enough, I'm sure. The altitude is the biggest challenge for me and I will have O2, so we shall see. Nothing ventured....nothing gained!

Hope to get together with some other folks in our region to try out Chatfield State park...as soon as it warms and the snows melt away. Maybe even try a bit of fishing, if it's warm enough. Haven't fished in a long time, but, bought some new gear and eager to try it out. I hope to land some salmon on our Oregon trip this fall. For now, I'll hope for a trout or two.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:24 PM   #104
Rivet Master

Took two of the grands out for a little ride in Goliath yesterday. They seemed to enjoy it. The gdtr wants to go for a camp out in early July. Our weather is a bit more springlike this weekend. Snow has melted...hopefully, no more till winter...keeping fingers crossed.

Goliath is garnering much attention...sitting in front of my house. He looks pretty sharp sitting there. Lots of admirers driving slowly by.

I'm getting the itch for a short trip....just waiting for nice weather and not muddy campsites! Soon...I hope!
Old 04-24-2016, 04:01 PM   #105
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Kids love day trips in the Interstate, too, Evelyn...while you're waiting for the weather to improve for camping.

Maggie
Old 04-24-2016, 11:44 PM   #106
Rivet Master

Little kids are more easily entertained....these grand kids are 30 & 31.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:44 AM   #107
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
That does make a difference.

Maggie
Old 04-29-2016, 02:50 PM   #108
Rivet Master

Winter just will not give up here! It is snowing...today and tomorrow. High today of only 36*! I am ready for spring and it seems to be fleeting!

Not surprisingly...I received a letter from the almighty power group... The HOA. Would you believe it??? Complaining that the RV in front of my home is a detriment to our property values!!!

Since when is a new 2016 Mercedez Benz van a detriment to anything??

This HOA is staffed by a group of power hungry, self imposed, self important jerks who "creep around" and look very hard for any perceived infraction...so that they can threaten " action" if the infraction is not immediately rectified!!!

Never will they offer a positive comment on property improvement or our lovely gardens...which are admired by many who drive and walk by...just to view them in blooming season. These cretins seem to gain joy from complaining!

Yes, I am ranting...sick of these "creeps"! Little minds, pathetic idiots...who enjoy bringing misery to others....for what....I just can't imagine.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:56 PM   #109
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
Why live in a place like this?
Sell and buy a chunk of property where you can live as you like!

Nuts!
Old 04-29-2016, 03:28 PM   #110
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
Evelyn, it takes all kinds. Being somewhat familiar with HOAs and the a--holes some can be, would suggest that you check your HOA bylaws and restrictions. If it does not specifically prohibit them, tell them to take a hike. People can not simply decide they do not like something and use the HOA to try to enforce their bias. In my experience, before a violation exists, it has to be a specific violation of a written by law or restriction and those have to be distributed to every resident of the association. Good luck with them and look at some warmer, less snowy area to live. Every time I hear of snow in your area, I think of Goliath.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:05 PM   #111
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
What GWT said.

What could possibly be detrimental about having a brand new Airstream Interstate/Mercedes Benz parked in front of your house?

A pia to have to deal with, but be calm.

Maggie
Old 04-29-2016, 04:28 PM   #112
Rivet Master

This is my home of 35 years, and no way in hell will I allow some a...holes to force me out of my home. My home is well maintained and renovated inside and outside 2 years ago. It is one of the nicest properties in this subdivision. I have a lot of pride in where I live and some small minded jealous a..holes in the almighty power group of the HOA seem to have put a target on my property...trying to find fault where there is none. Damn them, anyway!
There is no one who is able to control or dominate this little old lady!

OK, off my soap box...sorry for the rant, but, I am just tired of these types of creeps! Besides, now, my head hurts.