Old 04-04-2016, 03:14 PM   #57
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
Glad you are safe. I believe you will enjoy the road trip up 287 from Ft. Worth to Amarillo, Raton and north much better than the route you took on the down trip. I am sure you are very excited about getting Goliath on the road. Nice to hear of your adventure and glad you have your "Little Friends" with you. They are welcome in Texas. Between Clayton and Raton, about 12 miles beyond the little community of Grenville, there is a really great road side rest area. Lots of room for Goliath. Be careful on your trip.

Old 04-04-2016, 03:27 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Following your trip with great interest and admiration, as I have traveled many of the same roads. Glad it is working out.

Safely . . .

Cheers,

Peter

Old 04-05-2016, 11:27 AM   #59
Rivet Master

You Guys! I am consistently amazed and warmed by the support and assist offered by you all! As I' ve mentioned before, I feel among family and friends. Though I travel solo, I am never truly alone....you are all with me. Thank you for the comraderie.

I did leave a "little friend" and a canister of mace locked inside "Goliath" for the return trip home. I won't have my little protector and alert pup, Mikki, my crazy little chihuahua on the return trip. I certainly considered it...but, her plane fare would have been more than double of mine...Dnvr- Ft Worth. She and / or Nikko will be on all future trips.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:44 PM   #60
Rivet Master

Evelyn's grand adventure continues! Drove 392 Miles today...O/N in a very nice Texas safety rest stop, about 136 miles to Amarillo, (in the morning). It is manned 24/7, security cameras and well lit ...also patrolled by police. Popular O/N for truckers and RVs.

I found a Costco just outside Ft Worth, stocked up on fresh and frozen healthy food...and WINE! They had my favorite label....Louis Jadot, in several blends....YIPPEE! And much cheaper than at home....double YIPPEE! Bought a champagne to celebrate once home. No drinking on the road.

More tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:08 PM   #61
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
And you even overnighted in a rest stop!

Yoweeee, Evelyn.....you're on a roll.

Maggie
Old 04-07-2016, 07:18 PM   #62
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
Evelyn, glad you had a good day. I think I know exactly where you are, nice place. I also read your post on the "should I buy an Interstate" thread and appreciate those suggestions and am glad Vogt took good care of you. I have inquired with them as well as several more. I will definitely keep them in mind. Thinking about waiting for the 2017 models. Have safe travels, good roads ahead.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:15 PM   #63
Rivet Master

Good afternoon, all. I'm taking my time. Currently in an RV park in Amarillo,tx. Nice folks here. They hooked me up, tried, (real hard) to get my tv to work. I think we need a 6 year old kid to figure it out. Can't find one anywhere! Where are these little rascals when you need one. Isn't technology grand!?

Anyway....I have my iPad! I know how it works!

I dieseled up this morning...used the green handle, confirmed it said diesel. I just feel so smart?
Old 04-08-2016, 03:25 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Castle Rock, CO & Boulder City, NV , CO/NV
Evelyn is going to be in charge of the Interstate Boondocking for Greenhorns coming up next month. She pulled a fast one trading in the Bambi... but no good deed goes unpunished.

Television. The instructions were not very well detailed. Neither will this post, but when you have cable or antenna, there is a small button to push where the television connects on the wall. Then you have to 'search' available channels using your remote. We rarely are in an area where television is available... but there was more to it than just connecting the outside connection to the RV's cable system.

.... or did you keep the Bambi and the Goliath? If you are bringing the Bambi... all bets are off.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:29 PM   #65
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Another day under your belt, Evelyn.

I would call the service guy at your dealership and have him walk you thru turning on the television....have him stay on the line with you while you do it.

Also, write it down to have the next time, if you still need it.

Maggie
Old 04-08-2016, 04:34 PM   #66
2 Rivet Member

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Somewhere , Texas
Amarillo by morning, up from San Antone.
Everything that I've got is just what I've got on.
I ain't got a dime, but what I got is mine.
I ain't rich, but Lord I'm free.
Amarillo by morning, Amarillo's where I'll be.
Amarillo by morning, Amarillo's where I'll be.

Glad you made it. Hope your drive thus far is better than the one down. The roads you will take the rest of the way are really good. If we can just keep the wind down to a manageable level. Stay safe, get some good rest and then "head em up and move em out".
Old 04-09-2016, 11:24 PM   #67
Rivet Master

No, Ray, I did not keep Bambi....towed it down and traded it in on "Goliath"! Since I could not get tv working, I charged up my Nook and read. So, push come to shove....reading is better anyway. I have a number of books on my Nook. I will also plan to bring some books on paper on future trips.

I had planned on watching "Gone with the Wind" ....it seemed appropriate seeing as how I was sick and tired of driving with the wind. Maybe next time.

So,how did I get elected to be "in charge" of boondocking Interstates!? It seems that many others have seniority in their Interstates. LOL! Evelyn.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:31 PM   #68
Rivet Master

Ashley, I stayed one night in Amarillo, then drove the rest of the way from Amarillo to home today. Stopped at 3 rest stops just to rest my aching shoulders and knees, then pushed on to home tonight,I sleep,in my home bed.

The prevailing winds did not let up till just before Denver. The roads were good....the winds...not so much! So, thanks to all who suggested the route. After the winds in Kansas, I was eager to try anything else. More later. Evelyn.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:36 PM   #69
Rivet Master

Maggie, I read, since tv was not an option. I will try to get it figured out, so I can watch videos, as I put a bunch of them ....chick flicks... In " Goliath"!

Tomorrow, I empty fridge / freezer and bring my wines in...chill the champagne...time to celebrate with the good stuff! Then, will load up "Goliath" with everything I bought for him.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:12 AM   #70
3 Rivet Member

1979 29' Ambassador
Mobile , Alabama
So glad you're home at last. Been keeping track of your adventure...what a time you have had. A wonderful future with Goliath awaits you and it's because you preserved. Congratulations!!