Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2017, 12:13 PM   #441
Rivet Master

Hi Gerad and Laura. I hope you had a nice thanksgiving. It appears that the cold jet stream continues to visit your region. With our wacky up/ down fall temps here, feels like a " weather roller coaster"! A record 81* yesterday....now, high of 46 today. Still no snow in my neighborhood...plenty In the mountains west of us.

Did my bit of shopping on cyber Monday. Tree is up in dining room window. Deb plans to put the reindeer herd (and others ) out in front yard this week. We don't hang lights on the Eve's....instead, we use the projector star lights on house and in trees. When complete, it really looks like a winter wonderland, especially after it snows.

I look forward to a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! We've been watching Hallmark Christmas movies. A great way to get in the Christmas spirit! I especially enjoy these movies,as they're all very sweet, clean, a definite family filled story line. (Especially nice movies, devoid of the usual filth, violence, and deviance, which seem to surge out of Hollywood these days. UGH!) YES, HALLMARK MOVIES.....A NICE WAY TO BEGIN CHRISTMAS SEASON!

God bless. Evelyn.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:50 PM   #442
Rivet Master

Smile Merry christmas to all!

My wish for all of you:

YOU WILL HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS

A HAPPY, HEALTHY, AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR

SAFE TRAVELS ALL YEAR LONG

EVELYN.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:10 AM   #443
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
20 and snowing here in Kitchener. I'm baking Christmas cookies from my Mom's recipe book. Merry Christmas to you and yours. <3
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 01:49 PM   #444
Rivet Master

Merry Christmas, Laura and Gerard. We have received part of your Nordic weather, as well. Temps in the single and low teens, a bit of snow here, much more in the mountains and resorts west of us.

Deb and I are relaxing today, watching Christmas movies. Gifts are under the tree, family visits are expected for early breakfast in the morning. Hugs to all. Evelyn.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:19 PM   #445
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Same here single digits tonight, snow coming, 5' or so, zero tomorrow night and more snow on Tuesday. Winter is here. I took a spill and bruised up my leg (d@#n blood thinners) so I'm taking it easy. Laura and Chris went to Church. I'm staying at home with ice and elevation.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:12 AM   #446

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Sparks , Nevada
5'???
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 02:36 PM   #447
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Oopsie. 5" Didn't hold the shift down long enough.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:50 PM   #448
Rivet Master

Gerard and Laura, we hope your Christmas was wonderful. Sorry to learn of the bruised leg. Blood clots are nothing to mess with. Be careful. God bless.

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! Evelyn.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #449
Rivet Master

HI ALL,
IS EVERYONE HAVING A HAPPY NEW YEAR.? Sorry about you folks who are in a deep freeze! I've watched the weather news, and it appears you guys out east are getting ALL THE ROUGH WEATHER THIS YEAR. I do hope it warms up for you soon. I have not experienced those kind of winters since we lived in northern Montana back in the 70's while in the USAF. Now those were some tough winters!

When we moved to Colorado, it was bliss....compared to Montana. We do have some really cold winters and lots of snow, but it does'nt last long, thank God. Stay warm and safe, guys. God bless. Evelyn.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:29 AM   #450
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
It's been quite the ride Evelyn. -26*C really bites but it is too cold to snow except for lake effect stuff. It is now back up around 0*C and lots of snow. +7 and rain expected tomorrow and then back down to cold and a blizz on the weekend. My snow blower crapped out yesterday, broken shift cable,. I had to find a used part on eBay as the machine is 32 years old. No parts available anymore. We'll see how that pans out. Stay warm.
Love Gerard
Old 01-09-2018, 12:05 PM   #451
Rivet Master

Hi Gerard. Yep, I agree....you guys are getting a tough winter! Wow, no snowblower with that weather....not a good thing. I would say that 32 years is a long time for a snowblower. I think you've got your money's worth from it. Time for a new snowblower! Yes?

Manual shoveling is not a good idea. Your health is more important.....buy the new machine! Take care...stay warm. Hi to Laura. God bless. Evelyn.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #452
Rivet Master

Hello all! It's been a while. FOR ALL THOSE OXYGEN USERS:

I have been researching the Inogen One system, (advertised on TV). I have found it difficult to deal with the heavy tanks that never last long enough....usually runs out at time most needed. Try finding a place to replenish O2 supply while traveling....not easy or even possible in many locations.

When I called Inogen One, I was fortunate to connect with a lovely, knowledgeable, kind, helpful lady. I fully recommend my customer rep, Debbie McCie, phone: 800-839-6680.

It maybe covered by Medicare or other insurance.

As for me, I am buying my own unit...the G3 with lifetime warranty. Debbie was extremely helpful, assisting me to find the right solution for me and my unique needs. Ordered it yesterday, shipped today, will have it next week. yeah!
No more heavy tanks...taking up so much room needed for other things!
Old 03-06-2018, 04:24 PM   #453
Rivet Master

Good morning from the ICU!
As luck would have it...the head and chest cold turned into bacterial pneumonia with side of viral RSV, a very virulent virus effecting the entire respiratory system. It is fast moving and there is no cure, (as yet)! It must just run whatever course it chooses till it runs out.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:10 PM   #454
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
Bah! Humbug! That's no good, Evelyn. Take it easy and make sure they take proper care of you.
mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:11 PM   #455
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Bummer, Evelyn!

Get well soon.

Maggie
Old 03-06-2018, 09:44 PM   #456
Rivet Master

Thanks Mimi and Maggie. They are indeed a first rate team.....and are all working very hard. Personable, kind, compassionate, professionally excellent care from the nurses, MDs, specialty support, p.t., nutrition, O2 therapy....are wonderful, and I feel safe in their care.
This experience.....not one complaint!

Friday, admitted to ER, to their specialty unit, then to ICU, NEXT day, I think, expect transfer to step down ICU unit as soon as abed wants my ICU spot, maybe tonight, or tomorrow. There for probably 2-3 days or more.

This virus is serious stuff... Hits you like a ton of bricks. It is systemic, downward spiraling symptoms hit the entire respiratory system with a vengence! Their is no vaccine, it depends on rapid , aggressive treatment, support for your own immune system, at which time.... Mine is severely compromised.

PRAYERS UP PLEASE! Evelyn.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:27 PM   #457
Rivet Master

Home now, for a whole week. So good to get back into my on bed....sleeping like a baby. I'm on the mend, improving by the day. Now, I'm getting antsy, wanting to plan a trip or more. But, must wait till this thing is completely gone, before making actual plans. Don't have time for this "holdup"! Goliath is waiting and ready to show me some new adventures!
Old 03-17-2018, 07:27 AM   #458
Rivet Master

Goliath is going to Grand Tetons this summer, (Mikki and me), on our next adventure. There are so many beautiful trips awaiting in my home state of Colorado. How lucky am I to live in this extraordinary mountain state?! My Inogen battery operated O2 system will allow a freedom to allow me to travel in higher elevations. I look forward to it. I love these mountains....so much to see and do here.

This recent illness is but a blip in time.....won't prevent my trip plans. I had a couple short trips last year, not nearly enough. This year will make up for it, to be sure.

Oregon and Washington calls to me, as two of my granddaughters live there. I'm considering a run in that direction in late summer, early fall. Both my girls want Nana to visit.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! May the luck of the Irish be with you! Evelyn.