Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2017, 06:40 AM   #421
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
My little community is unincorporated so the nearest law enforcement is the county. Fireworks are legal, unless the weather has been so dry that the county commission has imposed a burn ban.

This is the first year in a long time without a burn ban, so I think the fireworks fans are making up for lost time. So long as they stay off my property, I'll just put up with them and comfort the dog as best I can.
mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:55 AM   #422
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Seems to be a universal problem. We have it up here in Canada too. There ws a time when fireworks were only available once a year for May 24, originally Queen Victoria's birthday. Now it seems they are readily available year 'round and people are finding something to celebrate at every turn.
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:58 PM   #423
Rivet Master

I did call the police yesterday and spoke for a bit with a nice lady officer, who is very supportive and said they have the creep at other end of culdesac, (who is a major offender as a drug dealer, as well as use of fireworks), on their radar. They are increasing their patrols in our area, in hopes of catching him in the act.

It is a darn shame that our nice quiet law abiding neighborhood should need to be concerned in this way. I also talked to a few neighbors on phone yesterday, and asked for them to pass the word...."one more m80 goes off, I will call police." Usually the fireworks will continue the next night, but, not a one last night, thank goodness!

As much as it disturbs people, dogs ears are especially sensitive and fearfull of fireworks. It just is wrong! Hope it's over for a while.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:22 PM   #424
Rivet Master

Hello fellow AIRSTREAMERS! My, it has been a while since my last post! Ah, the winter has been full of ups and downs....in life and weather. But, Spring is finally here, the snows are gone, (I hope!) gardens are beginning to green and I see some pruning and cleaning of old growth that needs done. (Ick!) once that is done, the flowers will show and bloom....my favorite part of spring!

Thoughts are turning to where I will wander this year....so far, I am leaning toward local Colorado trips, perhaps to Grand Tetons. It all depends on wildfires, and when and where they ARE NOT!

This morning, I have spent watching and listening to one of my favorites...."Celtic Women". Music specials of a fabulous group of Celtic Irish women....with gifted voices of angels. Since this is my heritage, I find it especially meaningful. They sing in Celtic, as well as English. So inspiring!

I recently upgraded my entire cable internet to the newest Xfinity system, (cable tv and Internet). I've had Comcast for many years, and hesitated to go into (what I thought would be a very complicated system upgrade). Thinking it may be too complex, I resisted. I was fortunate in having a fully knowledgeable young man who hooked me up with a full house system, then, educated me fully, on operation of the whole setup, before he completed the task.

Luckily, last week, the day after the install, the Week long watchathon began. So, I've had opportunity to watch a lot of newer movies that I did not need to buy. Also, to set up a playlist of my beloved Celtic music, to keep and listen to, at my leisure. I plan to record to DVD to take with me on trips. The new system is convenient and easy to operate, and is available throughout the house, on all tvs. The viewing quality is awesome, internet speed is great. Steaming is available to download to take on the road on iPad, etc, not sure if I will go that route,tho. DVDs recorded sure easy to take and view on tvs and avoid mobile data plans.

I hope everone has had a good winter, look forward to meeting some along my summer travels. HAPPY EASTER! God bless. Evelyn.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:36 PM   #425
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Evelyn. Look up the Rankin Family on you tube for Celtic and English / Irish tunes.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:41 AM   #426
Rivet Master

Thanks, Gerard. I will look them up.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:26 AM   #427
1 Rivet Member

2015 25' International
2017 23' International
2014 Interstate Coach
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdonahoe View Post
You worry too much, we load up and go with the wind in the general direction we want to go, sometimes we go the long way, life is an adventure, just like in the big truck, just head her down the road....enjoy
Oh, we're the same in fact! I agree with your thoughts, however in our case money and our route are always important, also the state of our vehicle, we laways check it carefully before going somewhere... Well, we had an accident a year ago when one of its details suddenly broke and in place where we were the repairment was really a problem...
Xymox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:45 PM   #428
Rivet Master

Goliath and me!

Hi all! Just time for an update. I have not been active on forum lately. Due to health issues and forest fires in all PNW regions this year, I had no trips. So be it....circumstances dictate what we can and cannot do!

Health is OK for now, but, alas, camping season is over for this year. So, plan for next year.
I hope for a trip into the mountains, GRAND TETONS NP. Maybe Mimi can join.

My grandkids in Oregon and Washington are enjoying living in PNW and partaking in multiple activities in the area. So much for them to do and they are going constantly. I am so happy for them.

Nicole, (Denver GD), is doing quite well now. All health issues dealt with and enjoying life. I am very relieved! She is currently in PNW with current boyfriend, to do some salmon fishing.
She is very healthy and happy.

So, all is well with me and mine. As for me, I'm looking forward to next year and trips! I hope all of you are well and happy. GOD BLESS! Evelyn.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:01 PM   #429
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Good to hear from you, Evelyn....there is always next year.

Maggie
Old 10-03-2017, 04:39 PM   #430
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Happy to hear from you Evelyn. Glad that all is well. Laura wanted to see Yellowstone in the fall so that put Denver out of reach for our return trip. Glacier was on fire so no go there either. We got to Alpine WY just short of Jackson Hole when the roads into Y'stone were closed due to snow. It threatened more snow and so we skedaddled for home. We used the furnace in Laramie and the A/C in Kearney NB. Came home to a heat wave.
Love to Ya
Gerard and Laura
Old 10-03-2017, 05:01 PM   #431
3 Rivet Member

1979 29' Ambassador
Mobile , Alabama
Evelyn, so glad to see you on here again..been worried about you. We all have ups and downs, so as my Grandmother would say when something would happen beyond her control "All this and heaven too."

Keep on keeping on and let us hear from you more often. Take care.

Predeta
79nTOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:16 PM   #432
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
Thanks for the update!
mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:19 PM   #433
Rivet Master

Thanks.

Thank you all for your nice comments. In my youth, I was more likely to push back against warnings of reason.....not so in my years of "maturity". Lessons learned...when I have a goal (or a want) and obstacles continue to get in the way ..... There usually is a reason. Call it an angel, a higher power, etc. Had I proceeded with my plans, knee would have been worse, and smoke from various forest fires surely would have caused problems with my asthmatic lungs.

As it was, the jet stream shared way too much smoke from the fires into my neighborhood....to the extent that warnings were issued. Open the door, it smelled like a fire very near here and the smoke was visible.

A large part of summer was spent inside to hopefully avoid further problems from smoke inhalation. "Cabin Fever" My knee has gotten some better, after steroid injection and gentle care, use of cane, etc. when needed. Mild Osteoarthritis and injured tendons are the culprit. (That, and aging).

I read a lot, painted, movies, etc. Did I say cabin fever? Yep!

Anyway, I'm still alive and ready for trips as soon as I can!
Old 10-04-2017, 12:44 PM   #434
Rivet Master

Gerard and Laura, sorry that the fires and snow thwarted some of your travel plans. I guess if I am ever going back to Glacier NP and Grand Tetons NP, it will need to be early summer, in hopes of avoiding regional forest fires. I did see your post on eclipse gathering....looked like fun. We had 92% eclipse here, but, due to smoke, I could not go out, so, I watched it on tv.

There isn't much going on around here....same old stuff. I have painted some from photos of prior trips...nothing exciting.

Prayers for all those victims of the terrible tragedy in Las Vegas. God bless them all.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:46 PM   #435
Rivet Master

Autumn in the Rockies?! Fall began a mere 2 weeks ago, but, there is snow in the mountains. Leaves are just beginning to turn here. Temps have been cooler this past week. The weekend will have highs in low 70's, and on Monday....high of mid 30's....and...SNOW!
Old 11-06-2017, 05:34 PM   #436
1 Rivet Member

2014 31' Classic
2017 28' Land Yacht
2014 22' FB Sport
2012 Avenue Coach
New York , New York
Seriously, campground and hotel reservations can generally be moved from one date to another, without any penalty.
Ameneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:55 PM   #437
Rivet Master

Smile Happy thanksgiving !!!!

Hello, all! I wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy good food, good company with family and friends.

Deb put the tree up yesterday for me. I'm decorating it today. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I just love all the lights and decorations, and, usually, folks are nicer to each other... For a while!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL! Evelyn.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:13 PM   #438
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Happy thanksgiving to you Evelyn. Getting bleak and cold up here in Canada.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:43 AM   #439
Rivet Master

Good morning, Gerard. So good to hear from you. Give my best to Laura. I miss hearing from you both.

Family get together yesterday had a bit of drama yesterday between two grandkids, but, Deb and I quickly squashed that. Deb prepared a lovely meal...and cleaned up after, giving me a break this year. She also spoiled me on Monday...lobster and steak dinner, for my 79th! All in all....a nice week.

We remain in our usual variable temps here....typical autumn for us. 70* yesterday, 60's today. Mountains are getting good snow...good for ski resorts, bad for travel. We've had a little snow which was gone the next day.

I look forward to Christmas and hope for "good cheer" from all and for all! Have a wonderful Christmas season. God bless. Evelyn.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:16 PM   #440
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Must be good and snowy up in the mountains by now. We were in Alpine WY on September 20 intending to visit Yellowstone in the fall. The idea was to avoid the press of tourists that summer brings to that place. Our plans were thwarted by road closures due to snow in the passes coming from the south entrance. We figured no problem, It'll melt in a couple of days. 2 days later the forecast was for more snow, even at lower elevations and we decided to get out and head home while we still could. By the time we got to Omaha we were running the air conditioning.