Old 03-18-2016, 02:29 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Go, I just called Brant, and he says they were not hit as hard as other areas. He already has checked "Goliath" and he is damage free! Thanks for the tip. Hail can definitely ruin your day, if it hits a vehicle. What a relief no problem there. Hopefully, i won't need to deal with it on my trip back home. You might keep Brant's name handy for when you are actually ready to see them. He will take good care of you, as he is doing for me. No high pressure sales like many I've encountered. No $ number's dance ,either! I hate when I encounter a salesman who does either...I know they need to make a commission, but, I also need the best deal I can get, and am politely assertive in that regard. If I don't get my needs met, I go elsewhere. I am not shy about telling them..."I literally have the whole country to shop in." That will get their attention. Good luck in your search...I look forward to reading of your progress.

ColoradoLady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:45 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
Glad things are good. Spring weather can be very uncertain and I will have my hopes for your travels as well. Will keep his name and appreciate your recommendation. You are right about shopping all over the country. I am checking many locations for stock and price.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:38 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Sue, there is a Colorado Boondocking adventure in the works for 2017... See the thread on it by Ray Ekland, to see if there are any openings, or waiting list. I'm booked for it.
Also, if things work out, I may try another trip to Oregon 2017. I won't mind another chance at fishing, and wineries sound good , too. I should have "Goliath" broken in ...or vice, versa...by then?
Old 03-22-2016, 03:35 PM   #18
Rivet Master

On the count down! My grand adventure begins next Monday, as I make my way to Ft. Worth towing Bambi to trade in. All reservations are made, routes are planned out and on iPad, laundry done, suitcase packed and ready. Going through lengthy to do checklists prior to departure.

Even got in to have my hair upgraded...cut short and curly, easy maintenance, (you ladies understand, right?) The excitement is building by the day...I am so anxious to get going!
Visit to my PCP tomorrow, labs, etc.

We are expecting 4-8 inches of snow tomorrow and another one in the works for Saturday. Outlook for Monday is good, but, in Colorado, Spring is very fickle. I'm going anyway, but, will appreciate dry roads to travel! Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:21 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
Evelyn, I know you are planning to go 70 East. If going south gets you out of the snow quicker, I-25 to Raton, 87 to Amarillo and 287 to Ft Worth is a good route and good roads all the way. Best of luck.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:11 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Man, this spring blizzard is really wreaking havoc on us today here in Denver. All schools and many businesses are closed, over 300 flights cancelled at DIA, with many more diverted to other airports. We live S.E. of Denver, and so far, have 8" or more, with up to 14" expected before it ends about 6PM tonight. Visibility is poor, due to strong winds blowing snow sideways. This, after 73* and sunny yesterday. Ahhh...springtime in the Rockies!

I had to cancel all appointments and errands today. Officials suggest...do not drive today unless absolutely necessary. So, This means my timeline is even more critical.

Monday, my departure day, is forecast for 60* and partly cloudy. Hopefully, my drive on that first day will be okay, as well as the rest. Whatever the weather, I have to go,as my timeline is tight....keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:36 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
I would second going over Raton. We just went through that way last August and the roads were all good.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:50 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
topeka , Kansas
Good Luck

Good Luck, I've traveled both ways planed and with the wind. I've enjoyed both. I suggest, don't panic when the unexpected happens because it will. Try to enjoy it.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:40 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Thanks, guys, for suggestions, but, I've paid for reservations for RV parks 3 each of 2 trips, plus hotels X 2 for 1 trip. So, come rain, snow, or sunshine...I'll travel I 70 east thru Salina, Kansas to, south on I 35 thru Oklahoma to Ft. Worth. I'm thinking positive and it should be fine! My timeline is specific, and I'm hoping that this spring blizzard proves to be the only snag in my "otherwise, perfect plan"!

We accumulated about 2' of snow, with some deeper drifting. One good thing... When it melts, everything will green up nicely. This is certainly not the worse spring blizzard we've had...just not good timing considering my travel plans.

"When we plan....God laughs!"
Old 03-24-2016, 05:42 AM   #24
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Rethink towing if it is snowing, Evelyn.

Seriously, campground and hotel reservations can generally be moved from one date to another, without any penalty.

You want to get there...and back...in one piece.

Maggie
Old 03-24-2016, 05:55 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Weatherford , Texas
I agree with what Maggie said. Also agree that the route through Raton, or alternately Lamar, and down here on 287 will have you on good roads all the way. Be safe!
Old 03-24-2016, 07:55 AM   #26
4 Rivet Member

1999 30' Excella 1000
Brookeville , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLady View Post
Thanks, guys, for suggestions, but, I've paid for reservations for RV parks 3 each of 2 trips, plus hotels X 2 for 1 trip. So, come rain, snow, or sunshine.

"When we plan....God laughs!"
So true Evelyn. God laughs at me all the time. I hope he smiles on Monday for you.... Smile = sunshine Be safe my friend...don't forget sunglasses.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #27
Rivet Master

Thanks, all. I should have good roads on Monday...according to forecasts, Sunday is sunny, 50's, Monday is sunny, 60's. Of course, towing the Bambi to Ft. Worth is the purpose of the trip...to trade it in on Interstate. If I run into bad driving conditions, I can just pull off the road and wait it out! I will be careful, as a damaged Bambi will be of little use as a trade in.

Off now to the MD for labs and a 100,000 mile checkup! LOL!
Old 03-24-2016, 10:15 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Stay safe . . .

The rest is secondary . . .