Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
asbury park , New Jersey
accident today - drive safe.

this is in 'off topic' because it was not AS related. however, today as i was working on the AS, i hear a loud crash - an accident on the main road just outside our neighborhood. i assumed it was a fender bender, til i heard "help!"....

a lady in a minivan had a head on collision w/ a guy in a lexus. the guy in the lexus was pissed about his car - was bleeding, but walking around and ok. the lady in the van was the one screaming for help. she was pinned in - her leg was stuck.

people were just standing around LOOKING... a bystander had called 911, so i just talked to her to try to keep her calm and her mind occupied until the paramedics could arrive. she kept saying... "my husband, my kids..." I got her home phone and someone called her family. her second concern was her work - she was a census worker and she was concerned about her 'books' which she said were confidential. i dont know how bad the damage was to her leg. her arm looked pretty nasty. the fire dept had to cut her out of the car and medevac'ed her out.

across the street, the man was just pissed he had totaled his lexus.

this stuck with me today. it also made me drive home a lot slower. i wanted to yell at the man - I wanted to say, "things are not important!! PEOPLE are!! stop worrying about your stupid car and see if the person you hit is o.k.!!"

so if you read this, i want to remind you - drive safely.
NJtoNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Hyde Park Place , Ohio
A couple of days ago I was in Houston, where I saw three students in a little Honda t-bone an ambulance on an emergency call. It was carrying a small baby having a life-threatening asthma attack. Without steering, the ambulance then hit a car on the other side of the road, head on. The lady passenger in that car has/had terminal cancer and is/was in the last days of her life.

Luckily, the baby was transported ok, and the woman just wanted to not be there in her final days.

Watching the driver of the honda complaining that the ambulance "ignored my green light" didn't wash with the police. Better to pay attention than have your minimum coverage not cover the $175,000 ambulance and the $40,000 SUV and the claims of the people involved.

Drive carefuly!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1960 26' Overlander
1962 16' Bambi
Smithville , Texas
Houston Traffic

Dave

We went to Kemah for the week to visit and keep our grandson. I navigated our 31 ft AS thru Houston traffic going and coming right thru downtown on I45. We made it back to sleepy Smithville and 3 blocks from home a lady pulled out in front of me. Missed her by inches, tires squealing, trailer and TV squirming all over the road.

Never let your guard down - drive safe!!!!

Tom
tbettes is offline   Reply With Quote