Normal , Illinois
Those are great!

Thanks for sharing.

Maggie

Old 10-13-2014, 04:54 PM   #828
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
And so, I went this afternoon for my usual, 2-3 times per year tune-up, with my long-time, trusted, chiropractor/homeopath/holistic health care practitioner, who I last saw in April or May.

I have been seeing this man for the past 12+ years, and wished I had started seeing him sooner. He has steered me straight on every issue I have brought to him, and resolved many things my medical doctors said they could do nothing about.....TMJ, among other things.

He did the usual assessment, adjustments and corrections at the visit last spring, and found nothing amiss other than my understandable grief.

Today, however, he told me I was GROSSLY deficient in the B Vitamins and needed to double my usual supplement dosage......which I have been on for many years, at his recommendation. He told me to look at my tongue, which I did....it was white. He showed me his, which was pink.

He said that any kind of severe physical and emotional stress depletes the body's store of B Vitamins, necessary for the healthy functioning of many of the body's organs.

Having taken 2 Vitamin B complex every morning for probably 10 years, the only thing that has changed this year is that my husband has died suddenly. Ummm, yes....a bit of stress.

I am dutifully doubling my daily intake of B complex supplements.......had just picked up some more at Walgreens, B1G1F.

Maggie

Old 10-14-2014, 06:24 AM   #829
Airstreaming Pagey

2015 31' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
I feel that I am in need of a tuneup. My longtime person quit when she had her first child last winter and I haven't found anyone to replace her.

B supplementation should help.

May your days be filled with love and laughter.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:32 AM   #830
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
My guy probably has 20 years on me. I fear he will die or retire before I cease needing him. I've told nim he can't do that.

He takes no prescription medication, and I trust him completely. I credit him with my good health. One of those people you are just grateful to have in your life.

I passed the info on to Doug's daughter, whose stress level since her Dad's death has been pretty high. I have been under a lot of stress before, but this has never happened. A different kind of stress.

When I see my medical doctor in a couple of weeks, I will advise him and may ask for a B12 injection.

Maggie
Old 10-15-2014, 06:06 AM   #831
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Heading to Iowa today, making our usual, half-way stop by the Big River. The campground will be empty, and Lily will get to run and rip a bit.

We're having a beautiful, albeit wet, Fall......trees are turning gorgeous colors, and the heat of the summer is gone. The price we pay for lush, green lawns is that farmers can't get into their fields to harvest.

High humidity, seemingly omni-present in this part of the country, still overshadows the cooler temps. Humidty sensitive people like me will be grateful when cool and crisp become the predominant weather feature.

Maggie

Evenings on the IPad:

A widower loves with the knowledge that love sometimes outlives the relationship. We love at our own risk in our own time.
~ Julia Anne Miller, NY Times Modern Love, Ready in Case the Other Shoe Should Drop
Old 10-15-2014, 04:50 PM   #832
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Making the drive half-way today, I realized that somewhere in recent months I made a transition. A good and healthy one, I feel.

After Doug died, because I missed him terribly and was also trying to complete my heretofore partial belief in an afterlife, I spent too much time asking that he give me signs he was still around....then looking for those signs. All the time. Asking, looking, asking, looking.

As clarity and solutions often do, the thought filtered to the surface of my mind that I wanted (near-constant) signs he was around because then he really wasn't gone and I really wasn't alone.

So, I made a conscious decision and effort some time ago to work on accepting reality, not ask (most of the time) for signs he is near and not keep looking for them.....near every waking minute.

In the beginning, as with all bad habits, not asking and not looking took a very conscious effort on my part. After awhile, it came naturally to just try to go on, to live each day and in the present, and to not ask, not look.

I realized today while driving that I have basically accomplished my goal. I rarely ask, and don't look.

HOWEVER......if I see or hear something that brings me instantly to my husband and our life together....the wind chimes, roses, roses on anything, Paris motifs (we'll always have Paris), that spitting image of him at the rest stop a couple of weeks ago, etc.,....I smile, say hello, feel warm and loved inside, and let myself believe that at least some of the time these are messages from him.

That he is here in spirit, and our love and bond has survived the transition from here to there.

Good, no?

Maggie
Old 10-15-2014, 05:03 PM   #833
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
very good... hugs from here...
Old 10-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #834
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Madison , South Dakota
I am very happy for you Maggie. You are healing well. The interesting thing is that he will always be there, and you will continue to share life with him, and you will relax in the comfort that he lives in you...
Old 10-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #835
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
That's so sweet.

Thank you.

I'm drinking a little transition wine and marvelling in this small transformation.

Maggie
Old 10-16-2014, 07:29 AM   #836
Airstreaming Pagey

2015 31' Classic
It IS good, Maggie. Be well.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:33 AM   #837
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thank you, Page.

Had an email exchange with Dan Miner yesterday, and have a phone call scheduled with him today. I miss my rose hitch cover.

Maggie
Old 10-16-2014, 09:40 AM   #838
Airstreaming Pagey

2015 31' Classic
Glad you heard from Dan. I hope he will get your hitch back to you soon.

I came across this blog yesterday and it made me think of you. This woman is now traveling with her daughter, full-time, in a T@b trailer. You might enjoy her musings.

Happily Homeless is MoonStruck | Love, Grief and Magic. A new road, a new life, a new story~~

Old 10-16-2014, 10:25 AM   #839
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
That looks interesting. Thank you.

I've bookmarked it to read.

Maggie
Old 10-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #840
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Been to the cemetery, where the rose bush lives and appears well. Lily ripped and romped, I pulled weeds and tidied things up. It's what you do at the gravesite of your spouse.

At Doug's Mom's now......and it is harvest time in Iowa.

I find the combines moving thru the fields, and wagonloads of corn, absolutely beautiful. Sun was setting on the fields and machinery.... Mmmmm. Something renewing to watch and experience, like the changing of seasons.....which I also love.

Bumper crops this year, more coming out of the fields than they have room to store, I'm told. Going to be a good year for famers up here.

Doug's sister was here when I arrived. Louise will be 97 in two months, and insists on continuing to live in this ramshackle farmhouse....by herself. She and the situation are deteriorating....I'll spare you the details.

She did eat a large dinner meal of pasta bake and salad which I brought from home...leftover pasta from Sunday dinner. Something different to eat, and I liked sharing it with her and watching her enjoy it so much.

They may have to hogtie her, drag her out of the house and into some kind of supervised setting. I don't envy them that, but the time is coming. It is overdue, in fact. Glad it will not be my rodeo.

On to Iowa City and the youngest grand/her family tomorrow.

Maggie