Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
Airstreamer
 
J5MM's Avatar
 
2012 27' FB International
Bellevue , Washington
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 290
Images: 78
"A River Runs Through It" Tribute - Airstream Style

This past summer we took our Airstream down through Montana writing a piece and paying a tribute to the iconic film, "A River Runs Through It." I had the opportunity to meet some pretty incredible people and revisit the filming locations of the film.

It was my first visit to Montana and will no doubt be my last. I completely fell in love with the beauty of Big Sky and find myself continually thinking how I could possibly live there. It was a life changing experience made even better by camping along the rivers of Montana with our Airstream.

If you love the movie and fly fishing, I hope that you may take the time to read my piece on the Huffington Post.

Here is the link:
{TRIBUTE} A River Runs Through It ★ 20 Years Later ★

Wishing all fellow Airstreamers a Joyous Holiday Season xoxo

Monica
__________________

__________________
{blog}Just 5 More Minutes to Enjoy Non-Stop Outdoor Adventures and Culinary Discoveries in the Northwest with our Airstream ★Blogger for GoRVing.com
J5MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
 
vinstream's Avatar
 
1962 19' Globetrotter
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 19' Globetrotter
Wheat Ridge , Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 624
Images: 2
Brings back a lot of memories of my youth. The movie had a profound impact on my life. I am haunted by your images... Thanks you sharing.
__________________

__________________
www.VINSTREAM.com
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
WBCCI # 1962
Instagram #Vinstream
vinstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
Airstreamer
 
J5MM's Avatar
 
2012 27' FB International
Bellevue , Washington
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 290
Images: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinstream View Post
Brings back a lot of memories of my youth. The movie had a profound impact on my life. I am haunted by your images... Thanks you sharing.
Thank you
__________________
{blog}Just 5 More Minutes to Enjoy Non-Stop Outdoor Adventures and Culinary Discoveries in the Northwest with our Airstream ★Blogger for GoRVing.com
J5MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
safari62's Avatar
 
1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
Vacationland , Maine
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 922
Images: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by J5MM View Post
This past summer we took our Airstream down through Montana writing a piece and paying a tribute to the iconic film, "A River Runs Through It." I had the opportunity to meet some pretty incredible people and revisit the filming locations of the film.

It was my first visit to Montana and will no doubt be my last. I completely fell in love with the beauty of Big Sky and find myself continually thinking how I could possibly live there. It was a life changing experience made even better by camping along the rivers of Montana with our Airstream.

If you love the movie and fly fishing, I hope that you may take the time to read my piece on the Huffington Post.

Here is the link:
{TRIBUTE} A River Runs Through It ★ 20 Years Later ★

Wishing all fellow Airstreamers a Joyous Holiday Season xoxo

Monica
Very nice article and photos. Thanks for sharing it with fellow trailerites.
We too were in awe of Montana and remember thinking to myself this is what it feels like to be "In the moment" as they say.

And what a good idea to set out with a story, film or book in mind to research or rediscover again with Trailer in tow. I think we must check out this movie again!

Gary
__________________
wbcci #3363
VAC - Region 1 vintage Club rep
New England unit
safari62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
Rivet Master
 
1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,591
"Legends of the Fall", also with Brad Pitt, is another great Montana movie and story.

Ivan Doig's books will also leave you thinking about Montana and life in general. Read his classic trilogy:

English Creek
Dancing at the Rascal Fair
Ride With Me, Mariah Montana

And follow them up with:

Sweet Thunder


You will never think the same after you read those 4 books involving Montana.
__________________
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #6
Rivet Master
 
1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by idroba View Post
"Legends of the Fall", also with Brad Pitt, is another great Montana movie and story.

Ivan Doig's books will also leave you thinking about Montana and life in general. Read his classic trilogy:

English Creek
Dancing at the Rascal Fair
Ride With Me, Mariah Montana

And follow them up with:

Sweet Thunder


You will never think the same after you read those 4 books involving Montana.

Ooops, didn't get it right, Sweet Thunder is one of my least favorite Doig books.
__________________
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #7
Rivet Master
 
safari62's Avatar
 
1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
Vacationland , Maine
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 922
Images: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by idroba View Post
"Legends of the Fall", also with Brad Pitt, is another great Montana movie and story.

Ivan Doig's books will also leave you thinking about Montana and life in general. Read his classic trilogy:

English Creek
Dancing at the Rascal Fair
Ride With Me, Mariah Montana

And follow them up with:

Sweet Thunder


You will never think the same after you read those 4 books involving Montana.
OK...writing these down except for the last.

Then there is Norman Maclean's "Young Men and Fire"

Gary
__________________
wbcci #3363
VAC - Region 1 vintage Club rep
New England unit
safari62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
Airstreamer
 
J5MM's Avatar
 
2012 27' FB International
Bellevue , Washington
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 290
Images: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari62 View Post
Very nice article and photos. Thanks for sharing it with fellow trailerites.
We too were in awe of Montana and remember thinking to myself this is what it feels like to be "In the moment" as they say.

And what a good idea to set out with a story, film or book in mind to research or rediscover again with Trailer in tow. I think we must check out this movie again!

Gary
Thanks so much Gary!
__________________
{blog}Just 5 More Minutes to Enjoy Non-Stop Outdoor Adventures and Culinary Discoveries in the Northwest with our Airstream ★Blogger for GoRVing.com
J5MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #9
Airstreamer
 
J5MM's Avatar
 
2012 27' FB International
Bellevue , Washington
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 290
Images: 78
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by idroba View Post
"Legends of the Fall", also with Brad Pitt, is another great Montana movie and story.

Ivan Doig's books will also leave you thinking about Montana and life in general. Read his classic trilogy:

English Creek
Dancing at the Rascal Fair
Ride With Me, Mariah Montana

And follow them up with:

Sweet Thunder


You will never think the same after you read those 4 books involving Montana.

Thanks for these recommendations (minus Sweet Thunder) -- I look forward to checking them out !!
__________________

__________________
{blog}Just 5 More Minutes to Enjoy Non-Stop Outdoor Adventures and Culinary Discoveries in the Northwest with our Airstream ★Blogger for GoRVing.com
J5MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.