Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2004, 11:50 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Wife swop...

Say Vern....
I'll SWOP U My WIFE, 4 Kiddies & the PUP, OK...I'll throw in My CAR...& My garden shed....( U kn abt the " SHED " thing...lol )...Whatta U mean BAD deal....I guess Yr right...I'll KEEP LISA....'cos she's CUTE...Remember U met Her at Boston...the REAL MISS SMILEY FACE....
Mmmm, Got U goin there, did'nt I ?, U thought I meant it...Well I DID...LMAO....
Talkin of NOTES on the Windshiels, I had one on mine when I came out of work....it read " ... Chris 4 Christ's sake git yr darn ALARM fixed..it's bn goin OFF ALL ruddy DAY.."...I jus do feel SORRY 4 the idle security guy, guess I spoild his afternoon nap...LOL. Tell U what makes me MAD...when I go 2 pick up Lisa from work, I only gone 5 mins, & I got a note offerin Me EXTRA CASH Phone:..*"£+=*^....Grr.... . There ought 2B a law agnst it...Chris.....
Old 07-06-2004, 03:59 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Cool All I can say is~

Chris...
What are we supposed to say to that??
U rascal, you~
Oh, You meant for my A/S??
As fine a bunch as you have..
I'm keeping both of my A/S..lmao
See here...
I remember the famous credit card meltdown spree....
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:08 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
knock knock

When they knock on my door wanting to buy the trailer I tell them my wife goes with the trailer. That kills the deal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mrs  Tin Hut 1.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	7567  

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 04:06 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
A different twist

This weekend found me repairing & painting my Overlander’s entry step. Additionally, since several air leaks had been addressed inside the trailer after the A/C was repaired, I decided to gauge how effectively the A/C would cool the interior on a 90 degree day.

I chose to use spray can paint on the step primarily because I needed it to dry quicker than the mineral spirits based stuff I was shooting with a gun. In a departure from the ordinary, my wife decided to cook Sunday’s supper.

With supper about thirty minutes away, I had pretty much wrapped up everything I was going to do on the Overlander except for gauging the A/C’s ability, and walked inside for another beer. My 3-1/2 year old son was in the kitchen “helping” his mother cook the meal. So I grabbed him, and carried him out to the Airstream.

So there the two us are listening to the radio: me on the gaucho, and him in the tub. Looking out the window, I see my 4-1/2 year old son circling the shop looking for us. As he walked behind the SeaDoo, I could see the shore power cord being jostled as it is not quite long enough to reach & lay flat on the ground. “Please”, I thought, “Don’t unplug it!” An eternity later, the cord stopped moving, and the A/C was still on. Breathing a sigh of relief, I leaned back, and took another sip of beer.

Then, there was a knock at the door . Opening it, I found number 1 son standing on the one hour old paint job on my step. Never had noticed before how big his feet are. Oh well, some people have their kids' baby shoes bronzed. Maybe this will become a new trend with Airstreamers
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 04:22 PM   #25

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Wanna sell that old trailer? - part 2

I know we had a thread on this not too long ago, but I'll be darned if I can find it.

We just got the Caravel back with it's new axel, and it's sitting out in the field next to the driveway, looking all shiney and proud with it's new red WBCCI numbers. It's parked right next to the Bambi which is waiting for it's new owner to come pick it up. So today at lunch we get a knock on the door and it's a couple of locals wondering if we want to sell one of those 'old silver trailers'. Hey, we've had it over a year and that's the first one to come to the door askin'!

My husband told them in no uncertain terms that they were absolutely NOT for sale, and that we knew exactly how much they were worth. At that thier expressions dropped and they trudged back out to the truck and went away

It cracked me up because they were clearly pretending they didn't know what an Airstream was, in fact the name never came up, it was just one of those 'old silver trailers'. Maybe next time they want to play dumb and get a deal on an Airstream they should find one out behind a barn, not sitting there all polished up, numbered, and ready to hit the road!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 04:29 PM   #26
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
So today at lunch we get a knock on the door and it's a couple of locals wondering if we want to sell one of those 'old silver trailers'. Hey, we've had it over a year and that's the first one to come to the door askin'!

My husband told them in no uncertain terms that they were absolutely NOT for sale, and that we knew exactly how much they were worth. At that thier expressions dropped and they trudged back out to the truck and went away
Awww, Stephanie... you had a PERFECT opportunity to have some fun with them. You coulda played dumb too, and told 'em that they were both family heirlooms, and that while you figger'd they probably weren't worth much any more, and you'd be happy to sell 'em, but that you'd have to ask about $60,000 each for them for the sentimental value. THAT would have been fun to see their expressions!

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 04:32 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
I know we had a thread on this not too long ago, but I'll be darned if I can find it.
It was Sneakinup's thread, " A knock at the door"

Tom
Old 07-25-2004, 04:37 PM   #28
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcwilliams
It was Sneakinup's thread, " A knock at the door"

Tom
The threads have now been merged.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 08:28 PM   #29

1968 17' Caravel
I searched and searched for it, how do you guys DO that? Thanks for merging them for me

Old 07-26-2004, 07:49 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
I suspect it's a "family secert"...lmao
Which for a price....jajajaj
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:53 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
A slamming car door in my case.

Although I get the occasional email asking if my ’67 Airstream Overlander is for sale, everyone around my neighborhood sees the Airstream absent from its perch enough (for a travel trailer) to know that we enjoy getting it out as much as possible. Apparently, I do not get my ’84 Suburban C20 out enough to show I enjoy its use too.

A couple of weeks ago, we towed my Overlander to a destination one state away so that the Boyz could enjoy Tims Ford State Park’s giant pool and bicycle trails. In a departure from the ordinary, my Silverado 2500 did tow duty since the Suburban, the Airstream’s primary tow vehicle, had just had it’s transmission rebuilt, and did not have enough miles on it for me to feel comfortable towing.

I am fortunate, being on a corner lot, to have two driveways. The Burb & Airstream are only assessable from one of them. So, for the camping trip, the Burb was moved to the other driveway, and the Silverado took us on our way. Fun was had by all, and we returned home four days later.

Last week, just Kim and I took in two days of the World’s Longest Yard Sale. The Boyz suffered at Kim’s folks’ house swimming in their pool & eating every meal out.

In the past, we have always taken the Mighty Burb on these trips so that all the goodies we find can be accommodated. Since this was the perfect trip to break-in the Suburban’s transmission, we repeated what has worked well in the past.

It was a great trip. We enjoyed each other’s company, and the almost forgotten experience of staying in a hotel room where there was no black tank to empty before departure. We arrived home Sunday where I unloaded a ball of cotton string, a 100 year-old, cloverleaf, cast-iron muffin pan, and three pounds of stone-ground grits. Kim had similar treasures.

Monday afternoon found me out in the yard edging the Burb/Airstream driveway when a slamming car door caught my attention. Shutting off the edger, I thought I was just going to offer the man direction to some neighborhood street.

Come to find out, he frequented my neighborhood during the course of his job, and had always thought the Burb was one cool truck. He was a little on edge when the Burb was moved to the other driveway for four days, and was nervous when it was just plain gone even though the Airstream was still there. He figured it was time to stop and ask a few questions.

I gave him the nickel tour, and thanked him for his interest. The whole event was kind of cool.

Tom
Old 08-19-2008, 06:48 PM   #32

1968 17' Caravel
Funny to think there is someone out there secretly admiring your 'burb, then gets his heart all up in his throat when it dissapears and he thinks he's missed out on it (I'm familar with the feeling) That's great he had the guts to drop by to check in on it when it reappeared!