Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2015, 04:04 PM   #861
Lili Lettice Leatherby

1982 28' Airstream 280
MIDDLE ENGLAND , The Cottage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Hi Lili!

So sorry to hear of your parrot. Poor little thing.
Hope life settles down a bit for you and Hans, now. You deserve a little rest and relaxation, rather than running and ripping.
I will post a few pictures of Greece, so watch for them. Might even take a selfie with the see behind me....that would be the second selfie, ever.
Take care, and drop in any time.
Maggie
Maggie/ Gail ..
Thanks .. sentiments much appreciated .. Hans said to rush out for another to ease our sorrows .. but Crumpet was special .. one cannot find another Crumpet so easily ..
he was a lovely young chap ..

Hans has whisked us away to Biggleswade to watch the Old Planes ..
Theres more than whispers of the one and only Vulcan flyby ..
the ground will shake on this small Airfield with the thunder of 4 Rolls Royce Bristol Engines ... ill have to hold tightly onto Muffin ! .. just over 100 made .. almost 40 tons ..
i'll bet it could lift 7 Airstreams off the ground .. I should imagine one of the last flights for the Vulcan .. by golly i do hope it comes ..

1..2.. Crumpet & Muffin Leatherby
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150829-L1007059-3-4.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	248939   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141008-Muffi Just out of bath_-2.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	386.7 KB
ID:	248940  

TinCrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 04:15 PM   #862
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
No distraction intended.. Warbird Alley: Avro Vulcan

cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 05:52 AM   #863
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
My today....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	133
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	248972  
Old 09-26-2015, 05:58 AM   #864
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
And this man knew what he was talking about....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	248973  
Old 09-26-2015, 06:08 AM   #865
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Evil makes the good stronger. Maggie, keep doing what you are doing, move forward.

On some good news, my wife Alice and I adopted a new family member, a 4 and half year old Yellow Labrador used in a breeding kennel. Tough life, but our two year old Black Lab loves her and she is adapting well to our schedule and training. We got her on Wednesday of this week and this coming Thursday we take her and Abby on her first Airstream trip for about 10 days.

Again, enjoy your trip, And Albert was right.

Bud
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:20 AM   #866
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks, Bud, and congratulations on your new family member.

I have hired a 12 year old neighbor girl to take Lily on long walks, a two mile loop each day of the weekends she is nearby visiting her Dad, who lives up the street from me.

I'm in the low rent district, you know, a cul de sac at the end of a street with apartment buildings the other end. And, I like it.

My very nice little house, which I will soon have been in for 30 years, allows me a life outside of home ownership.....the Interstate, friends away and modest travel.

Anyway, this young lady loves dogs, has watched all the Cesar Milsn videos, is good with Lily, and seems very sweet.....and wants to make a little money. Will try her out next time she is here.

I walk Lily almost every day, but we don't do two miles, per, but for the occasional walk to downtown Normal to the favorite coffee shop.

Maggie
Old 09-26-2015, 06:51 AM   #867
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I really love the one about adversity pointing you in the direction of your own true north.

Is that not one of the most true statements...ever?

It's the storms in your life, the battering waves, your mistakes and those of others....and, if you are so unlucky, brushing up against truly dark and massive evil.....that helps us define who and what we are, what we want to be and to become.

Do we take the easy road, and become part of the problem, or define ourselves and then try to live our principles....in our work and our personal lives?

I remember a saying I read once about needing to be able to look yourself in the eye and not stand in the setting sun, hating yourself for the things you've done. We all make mistakes along the way, and have good and bad experiences with people who come into our lives. It's what we do with all that that defines who we are.

I do believe all of the good, the bad, the ugly....in ourselves and others, as we experience it, within and without....helps us find our own "true north".

We can let ourselves ricochet thru life, taking our inner direction from external forces, our use those same forces to define the kind of person we want to be, what we want to leave in this life when we are gone.

Hmmm? That's what I think. I think we all do this every day, throughout our lives.

Maggie
Old 09-26-2015, 07:20 AM   #868
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
I had a small difference of opinion with Ray. I hope that didn't contribute to him no longer on the forums if he left. Maggie, can you give him my apology if you see or talk to him.? Don't want to lose one with his experience and knowledge, one of the better posters here. Thanks.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:28 AM   #869
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Aww, that's sweet, avionstream, but I don't think you had anything to do with it.

I will pass on an apology to him for you, tho, and also know he reads here occasionally so he may see it himself. . I have been scolded by the powers that be for discussing Ray/his departure on another thread, so we don't want to delve into anything here, lest I be scolded again.

I do try to behave, at least most of the time.

Why don't you consider joining us in Wyoming next August 14th, for a great boondocking adventure with Ray, his wife, and some other amazing folks?

And, this invitation is open to anyone who is interested.

It would be great to meet you and I can just about guarantee you will have a wonderful time.

Maggie
Old 09-26-2015, 08:24 AM   #870
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Maggie, thanks so much for those quotes -- even tho I know differently, I feel as tho you posted them for me. As I mentioned to you privately, I have been around evil for some time, but I am so pleased to say my Guide has directed me in seeing how to deal and remove myself from it.

Also, I am most happy to tell you that I am now able to swallow food again, so I am carefully rejoining the eaters of the world! Two months of not eating solid food takes it's toll, so now I must begin to regain some of the weight I lost -- and believe me I'll enjoy every bite!!

Wishing you a grand time in Greece and looking forward to pics.

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 08:48 AM   #871
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thank you, Deb, and glad to hear you are doing better.

Many quotes....other people's words ...resonate with many of us ....in addition to they being how I am feeling, I post them for all of us, as well as for any evil-doers who may read this thread.....that they may know that we know....who and what they are.

Maggie
Old 09-26-2015, 10:00 AM   #872
Rivet Master

1962 24' Tradewind
Buffalo , Wyoming
Quote:

Why don't you consider joining us in Wyoming next August 14th, for a great boondocking adventure with Ray, his wife, and some other amazing folks?

And, this invitation is open to anyone who is interested.

It would be great to meet you and I can just about guarantee you will have a wonderful time.

Maggie
Alternatively, Ray and some of the rest of the "Wyoming Group" are having a boondocking trip to the Black Hills and Western Nebraska around the end of May or the first of June. We're about half way to the self imposed limit of group size. All are welcome.
Thalweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:39 AM   #873
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Yes, Brent, and that one, too.

Hugs to you and Connie.

Maggie
Old 09-26-2015, 12:03 PM   #874
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
A bit of sweet hubby, going along with me....a favorite mug....with roses, of course.....for morning coffee in my room, and the essential reading glasses....also with roses.

I have actually taken a couple of things out of my suitcase.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	338.0 KB
ID:	249016  
Old 09-26-2015, 12:22 PM   #875
Rivet Master

Quote:
My today....
Maggie, my Mom had many words of wisdom, which she imparted to us on a daily basis. These simple lessons helped to shape who we became. One: "stress builds character"...translated= the difficulties we face in life, make us stronger as we learn to deal with them in the right way. My Mother was a very wise woman, who taught us right from wrong...always with the GOLDEN RULE as her guide. To this day, I try to live by the many euphemisms she passed to us, and she was always ready with the appropriate translation when we asked " what does that mean?" It's her little words of wisdom that I instantly recall, when situations arise...those challenging times...they still see me through the hard times.

I think of Mom's words when I read the various quotes that you post. Most of them recall to me....all those many lessons on life and living it the best way....that me and my seven siblings learned from our dear Mother...all those many years ago!
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 04:28 AM   #876
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
My today....
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2015, 08:51 AM   #877
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Greensboro , North Carolina
Words of wisdom

Gosh, even in a Walmart ad..... "Anger is the pathway to the dark side."

How true!

Sorry you will not be at Alumalina, Maggie
AIR #31871 KQ3H

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:09 AM   #878
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hi Tommie!

I would loved to have had a cappuccino and a visit with you at Alumalina, and hear all about your travels this year. I will be trying Greek coffee and Frappes. Have an extra one for me.

John is planning the Spring 2016 Alumalina the first weekend in April, by which time I will need to be home, and I will be West next fall, so it may be 2017 before I get to another one.

I will be at James Island County Park the entire month of February, tho, then the first two weeks of March at Edisto, so maybe take a drive down to visit me, hmm?

Made a favorite coffee cake for my (and several more) breakfast this am, and a big pan of brownies for the lunch crowd, so all my eggs are used up.

Final tasks are being completed, reservations confirmed, toenails manicured , and Lily is looking at my suitcase wondering just..what..is..going..on. She is staying very close.

She will be fine, in very good and loving care at my son's.......and as Bud suggested I will take her for a pack walk before coming into the house when I get back....and hopefully avert any re-entry issues for her.

My sweet Lily.

Maggie
Old 09-27-2015, 09:48 AM   #879
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Ahhh!!

Quote:
My today....
Good morning Maggie!!! that's one of my fav quotes... I didn't know it was Mark Twain!!!! and I never knew the part that came after "never regret anything that made you smile".. Great... thanks for posting that... have a lovely Sunday there... and tomorrow!!!! Off She Goes!!!! Weeeee... Hugs and love... following you all the way!!! gail
Old 09-27-2015, 09:54 AM   #880
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Wheeee, indeed.

Glad I checked reservations, as I was planning to go to the wrong hotel tomorrow.

Maggie

« No Game Changer | Top | - »