Lili Lettice Leatherby

1982 28' Airstream 280
MIDDLE ENGLAND , The Cottage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Thank you, Evelyn.
Lily will be very glad to see me.
Maggie
Hello Maggie .. Just popped in for a quick hello and will catch up over the weekend ..
Muffin our Parrot died .. all of a sudden he was gasping for breath .. Hans struggled to comfort him whilst i frantically rang around for Emergency Vet .. simply horrid hideous half hour .. not long enough to get help but too long fighting for air .. he's gone and were devastated .. Hans was in such a state I attempted to ease his sorrows so arranged to look at other parrots 200 miles away and are lucky enough to have found a lovely little chap weve named "Muffin Too" .. just returned from London the day before .. met Hans Jnr and ordered my new Leica SL which has arrived .. cant even be bothered to look at it .. so .. ill be on in couple daze when things are not so fresh and by then will take a picture of our new baby .. cheerios for now Maggie .. Hope all is well .. Gail .. i'll reply to your email shortly x

Old 12-07-2015, 07:06 PM   #1319
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hi Lili!

So sorry to hear about Muffin.

Absolutely awful to lose a cherished pet. They become part of our hearts, and take a piece with them when they go.

Maggie
Old 12-08-2015, 07:31 AM   #1320
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
The worst part of living with a pet is the loss, but not living with one and sharing life with one is unthinkable for us.

Condolences on your loss Tincrumpet, never owned a bird, but a customer had a Grey Parrot that learned my name after only the second visit and would announce my arrival for years after.

Bud

Bud & Alice (Bud posts)
Abby- Black Lab-TDI Certified
Hopey-Yellow Lab-TDI Certified
2017 30' Classic
2015 F350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 12:22 PM   #1321
Rivet Master

Tin crumpet, so sorry on loss of your sweet Muffin. I agree with above post...losing pets is painful, but, life would be shallow without the love and comfort they share with all of us. I hope Muffin too will help to ease your grief. Evelyn.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:28 PM   #1322
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Home late last night, gathered up sweet Lily, now unpacked, laundry done, a few groceries in, etc.

Cold as a cave in here when I got home, with the furnace set to 65 while I was gone......but a fire in the woodstove this morning took care of that little problem. Love my little house.

Read yesterday that the US Department of Justice has initiated a comprehensive investigation of the Chicago Police Department......excellent!

Now, if the DOJ would just stay a good long while, and perhaps expand their scope......

Yesterday morning, brushing my teeth hurriedly and with a bit too much enthusiasm , I subluxated and locked out of place the right side of my jaw. Yikes.

If you have ever had TMJ (do what I did for a living, and where, and stress related issues are the norm), you may have experienced this. It is painful and all encompassing in focus, until resolved. Hasn't happened to me in 12-15 years, at which time I learned the best person to resolve this issue is my chiropractor.

1000 miles from home, I found a chiropractor on Staten Island who did some wizardry, which vastly improved the situation, and this morning the issue had completely resolved, but for some tenderness and swelling.

Thank goodness. The only other time this happened, it was out for 3 days, til I found my way to beloved chiropractor....who said "I can fix that", and did.

Chicken and Barley soup is simmering on my stove....basically chicken noodle soup with barley instead of noodles. Found that recipe somewhere a few weeks ago, and it is the perfect weather for it. Noodles are the best, but barley is so much better for one, so what the heck...barley it is.

A nourishing meal in a bowl....I like.

Maggie
Old 12-08-2015, 12:44 PM   #1323
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
Barley pops are great! ��
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:22 PM   #1324
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Yup. Barley makes a fine soda. Better yet if the barley pop is refined and aged in oak casks for at least a decade.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:42 PM   #1325
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I have come to believe more and more over the years, that we are where we are at any given moment because that is where we are supposed to be.....and that, sometimes, there is something we are to do that we as individuals are especially suited for. I have felt it so many times.

Yesterday on my JFK to O'Hare flight, I sat next to a young man struggling with some serious family issues, that I was particularly suited to offer some help with. The social worker in me seems to invite some people to talk, and talk he did.

I offered some suggestions for things he could do, that he had not thought of, and told him of things I had done in similar situations as well as things I encouraged clients to do.

He seemed unburdened, optimistic, and was beyond grateful. I felt we had been sat next to each other for a reason.

Thank you, Maggie, he said as he left, and I felt I had done a small bit of good in those brief moments in time, and I was glad to have been there.

Theodore Roosevelt said "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

True.

Maggie
Old 12-08-2015, 02:15 PM   #1326
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
The biggest thing, sometimes, is just to listen! I get the same thing. I don't have the skills to solve human issues, but I can listen.

Sometimes people have to talk through a situation, not to receive answers, but just to explain and 'talk it out' to someone else. I've had this happen with total strangers. I sometimes wonder why, but just roll with it. You never know what chance encounter will have a beneficial effect on someone's situation.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:20 PM   #1327
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I think you are absolutely right.

We also all have skills of some sort....and if the opportunity arises that we can offer those to someone who needs them, we must do so.

That is our responsibility to our fellow man.

Maggie
Old 12-08-2015, 02:45 PM   #1328
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
I have come to believe more and more over the years, that we are where we are at any given moment because that is where we are supposed to be.....and that, sometimes, there is something we are to do that we as individuals are especially suited for. I have felt it so many times.

Yesterday on my JFK to O'Hare flight, I sat next to a young man struggling with some serious family issues, that I was particularly suited to offer some help with. The social worker in me seems to invite some people to talk, and talk he did.

I offered some suggestions for things he could do, that he had not thought of, and told him of things I had done in similar situations as well as things I encouraged clients to do.

He seemed unburdened, optimistic, and was beyond grateful. I felt we had been sat next to each other for a reason.

Thank you, Maggie, he said as he left, and I felt I had done a small bit of good in those brief moments in time, and I was glad to have been there.

Theodore Roosevelt said "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

True.

Maggie

I know many do not "believe", but in our home we call these instances and times "Gods Touch". They happen when we least expect it and when we are most needed by someone or something. And as stated sometimes just to listen is enough.

Great story Maggie, thanks for sharing.

Bud

Bud & Alice (Bud posts)
Abby- Black Lab-TDI Certified
Hopey-Yellow Lab-TDI Certified
2017 30' Classic
2015 F350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:49 PM   #1329
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks.

I thought some would appreciate it.

And, you know, part of what I know to be true is that people have been put in my path and my life just when I needed them most. It goes both ways.

I do believe we should give what we can, when we can...and that this is the best way to live.

Maggie
Old 12-09-2015, 12:37 PM   #1330
Rivet Master

Maggie, I could not agree with you more. I think, that when we open ourselves up to all possibilities, wonderful things can happen. It is a gift to us....to be able to BE THERE when others need us.....whether the person is familiar or, as with your story, a stranger. No doubt, you had a strong and loving impact on that young man's need. I'm sure he will remember you for it.

I firmly believe that we are sent where we are needed, so we may be available to someone in need, when that person is able to benefit from it. Just to listen, let them ventilate their frustrations, perhaps to find the answers they may seek. Sometimes, it may be easier to talk to strangers...perhaps easier than with someone close. I know that I have benefitted from this...in both directions.

Although some may not believe in Angels...I do. And those Angels need not come on Golden wings....I believe they are sent in human form. There have been so many times in my life, during times of extreme crisis....that such Angels have been sent to me. When one is open to it...you should recognize the gift and embrace it. Perhaps you were that Angel for that young man.....the one person who could provide the gift of wisdom that he needed so much. God bless you for opening your heart to him! Hugs! Evelyn.