Old 11-17-2015, 02:38 PM   #1191
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
Miss Maggie,
Yes!!! Our dogs have felt the "need" to be close today... A bit of the weather.. And a bit of concern, I am certain.

You know, my Pop told me "son, all a person has of value in this world, what is truly theirs, is their word." Got it.

Every "volunteer" has their own level of "commitment".. Sometimes attending is beyond their control.... But in the latter case I usually get a call letting me know... Sometimes, tho, a supervisor will require a call to volunteers..
I can only speculate their reasons... It quickly becomes obvious those who back up their "word"...

cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:44 PM   #1192
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I'm sure your dogs sense your shock, distress and concern for your friends....how could they not.

Maggie

Old 11-17-2015, 03:00 PM   #1193
Rivet Master

Maggie, I share your horror over that terrible tragedy! There is such evil in the world! I have not seen the news story you report. I'm sure I will. I'm sure there were many psychopaths around in years past, however, it seems the monsters, radicals have tapped into how to recruit a large majority, via the Internet. Surely, only a true psychopath could do such horrible deeds! It makes one nauseous to see so much evil! Our hearts go out to the victims.

I agree with your philosophy re: a person being good to their word. That appears to be rarer these days. I guess I'm old school, and proud to be! If I give my word, it is my bond!

We got a foot of heavy wet snow, had howling winds all night. Fortunately, we have no place to be today. Not so for many others, who took to the roads this morning, many wrecks reported Metro wide. Trees are bent almost to ground, those had not shed their leaves. We see no damage to them, so hopefully will spring back in the sun! Evelyn.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:20 PM   #1194
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
The readings at Mass this weekend were that God never forsakes us.. Even tho we may not see clearly or at all, he is there. One day we may be shown.. But today, it is eyes of faith that give vision to my soul.. It is dark... But I trust the Light!
Old 11-17-2015, 03:30 PM   #1195
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
xo Channing.

Maggie
Old 11-18-2015, 01:43 PM   #1196
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
French police are knocking down doors, fighting it out and eliminating or gathering up bad guys right and left. Good. Keep it up.

I badly want to go on a rant about that yokel from Hollywood, who is taking up way too much news time with his recent revelation....if you have seen the news at all the past few days, you know exactly who I am talking about.

I will just say this.....Doug, not a violent man by any means, would say "someone needs to knock that man upside the head". And, he would be right. If ever a long since physically grown man was stuck in adolescence, it is him.

There, I said it. I am grossly lacking in compassion and empathy for this man. With all that is truly awful going on in the world. Grow....up....

Running errands this morning, swung by our small, local jeweler, where Doug purchased my few really good pieces....because, they are local, independently and longtime owned, make right there much of what they sell, etc...a fabric of our lives relationship for many years.

My sterling silver, band-of-roses ring...handmade in Greece ...slips around on my finger....the ring is a 6 1/2, cut down from a 7 at the jeweler in Athens, and I am really more of a 6.

They admired it, were very impressed at the price I paid, and openly wished I had bought a handful of them which they would have then purchased from me to resell .....then put a sizer on it in a whip stitch, so the shrinking fingers of the upcoming winter do not see this beautiful and unique ring slipping off into the snow somewhere.

Chatting and friendly and asking after me all the while.

Sweet, and I like.

Maggie
Old 11-18-2015, 07:09 PM   #1197
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Yup, either a whack upside the head or a SKITA**. Delivered with very high velocity.

** Swift Kick In The *$$

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:17 PM   #1198
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Evert one in awhile....intolerance overtakes me.

Maggie
Old 11-18-2015, 07:39 PM   #1199
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Evert one in awhile....intolerance overtakes me.

Maggie
Tolerance is acceptable while one is learning and there is hope of compliance.

Intolerance is really the fault of the one refusing to learn and spitting upon hope.

It is normal for those of us who "hope" to realize there are those who are "hopeless" by their own choice(s). They have no place in a world of hope.....

The problem lies in us thinking we can "change" them... And they know this.. And call us "names"

Sticks and stones..
Old 11-18-2015, 08:19 PM   #1200
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I sure didn't proofread that last post.

Maggie
Old 11-18-2015, 08:27 PM   #1201
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
I must regularly admit to myself that I don't suffer fools gladly. Lately I've been doing that a lot more often as I age. I guess I'm running low on patience with fools and tolerance of silliness😈😄

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:32 PM   #1202
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I try very hard to be tolerant, but sometimes......

Maggie
Old 11-19-2015, 08:05 AM   #1203
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
My band of roses wrapped finger, on my roses wrapped, jammied self.....like being engulfed in a hug, as one of my Moraine View friends observed.

I left my beautiful anniversary band with Doug's daughter when I was in Iowa a couple of weekends ago....passing it on to her early, so she can wear and enjoy it, and feel close to her Dad....and I can enjoy watching that. Doug loved this ring almost as much as I did, and told me so many times. I wanted her to have it, and she was thrilled.

Because, why not. She's a good woman, will cherish and care for it, and eventually pass it on to her daughter.

Doug's kids struggle with feeling close to him in death, I believe because they have guilt. I do not, so it doesn't interfere for me. I was also just plain closer to and more emotionally connected with him, living and being together 24 hours on most days. Hard to explain, but that's what I feel, that it makes a difference.

Doug would want them to know he loved them all, totally, completely and unconditionally, and I told them that in a letter I wrote for him shortly after his death. They still have to find their own way to peace, and are not there yet.

We said "I love you" every single day, and "I appreciate you...I am thankful and grateful you are in my life....my life is better because you are in it" often.

I didn't get to say goodbye to him, because he never regained consciousness, but I know he knew how I felt, and cannot imagine dealing with the aftermath of his sudden death without that knowledge within me.

Speak the words to those you love, because you never know when it might be too late.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	355.9 KB
ID:	252491  
Old 11-19-2015, 08:30 AM   #1204
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Every morning, this view makes me smile.

I began collecting these glass after we retired, had the shelves cut to fit, and Doug installed mini brackets to hold my "pretties", as he called them.

We put these trellis panels up late in the last fall he was alive. I planted the vines the following spring, and have been nurturing and nudging them to fill out the panels.

Sun, rain, snow, sleet.....it is always good.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	677.3 KB
ID:	252494