Old 09-01-2015, 01:01 PM   #715
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks, Evelyn, I am looking forward to it.

I had posted something similar to this on the Small Space Living thread, but didn't save the picture and can't find them again online.....these little bottles are minis of those collapsible water jugs, and I am loving the ones that I bought.

You can squeeze the air out of them, and there is no rigid plastic or silicone surface to take up additional space. Have just put some favorite lotion into one, and it is very space economical.

This set is from REI, with of course a little carry bag. The ones I bought from Amazon, I think, a couple of months ago are not in a carry bag nor have the little wings around the outside.

They are great for small amounts of anything. I had thought they would work for mustard and things of that type in the Interstate's tiny frig.

Msggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	246991  

Old 09-01-2015, 02:25 PM   #716
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Madison , South Dakota
Maggie....maybe you should try paint....

Old 09-01-2015, 02:30 PM   #717
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hi Vince!

Hmmmm.....painting.

I have no artistic talent whatsoever, and this does not call to me....but, I will ponder it.

I need something productive and purposeful. I can crochet for charity, and do, but one can really only do just so much of that, as one is using hands and fingers that cramp and ache after awhile.

And, crocheting is just not doing it for me.

I will find something, I feel sure.

Maggie
Old 09-01-2015, 02:37 PM   #718
1 Rivet Member

2014 23' FB International
Corvallis, Oregon , Oregon
Am just beginning the RV life style...searching all sites for recipes on the road....kinda, sorta, vegetarian, but the lust for an occasional steak lures me sometimes.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:39 PM   #719
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
If you look in the Stella's Kitchen sub-forum, you will find more threads on food, cooking and recipes than you can imagine.

And, some of those are vegetarian.

Have fun!

Maggie
Old 09-02-2015, 10:13 AM   #720
Rivet Master

Maggie, you might surprise yourself...to find talent that lies just beneath the surface. (Speaking of painting). I could not draw a decent 'stick figure', but, after dabbling a bit, discovered I did, in fact, have an ability. After watching, then, recording PBS painting programs, I bought a few supplies...and with the influence of those fine artists, taught myself to paint.

I now paint in watercolor, oils, and acrylics. I am no pro, to be sure, but, find it to be a nice pastime on cold, dreary winter days. I photograph in nice weather and use many of those photos as subject matter to paint from. Keeps me busy and "out of trouble"! LOL!

My Mom taught me to crochet, but, as you say, you can only do that so long, till the hands complain. I tried knitting...mittens, gloves, scarves,sweaters...till everyone I knew had too many!

Now, I paint landscapes in winter, in my sunroom and watch the snow through the windows. In those moments...troubles are far away...and life is good!
God bless. Evelyn.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #721
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I'll ponder it, Evelyn.

I have had some volunteer work nibbles, which I think would be really, really good, and one of the hospice centers here is wanting prayer shawls.....I will do a few of those.

I think that, now I have started looking, I will find some things to fill the need to be productive....and feel needed, I think, is part of what is going on. Probably a common retirement ailment, it just had not been an issue for me, til.......

I cleaned out a closet yesterday, and schlepped a huge bag of assorted bedding and linens to Goodwill that I have been holding onto for who knows what reason.

Some things set back for grands as they get into places of their own, but mostly long unused items are gone..... others can use them, and that closet is no longer stuffed to overflowing, where things fall on me when I open the door.

Saw my chiropractor this morning, who found an unusually low level of adjustments needed, neck and back.....it's the orthotic levelers. They have changed my life.

And....I purchased comprehensive travel insurance for the trip to Greece, specifically to cover the unlikely need for medical evacuation. As we know, things can change in an instant.

I learned with Doug's death, that shipping a body is relatively inexpensive, but something requiring medical care enroute is an entirely different story.

We carried no such insurance, and went to Paris in 2012 without it. I was prepared to hire medical transport to bring Doug home if he had lived, but required long term, rehabilitative care.

When I mentioned that posibility to his doctor, he reminded me that Doug could receive that long term care in Georgia. Of course he could, but both of us 900 miles from friends and family. Had it become a reality, I would have dug into savings and just paid for it. It's what you do.

One of those things you think will never happen to you....til it does.

Off to Needlework Group.

Maggie
Old 09-02-2015, 12:41 PM   #722
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Today is not Thursday....needlework group is tomorrow.

Maggie
Old 09-02-2015, 05:32 PM   #723
Rivet Master

DON't rush the days! THEY pass quickly enough!
BTW, do you have Medicare? I'm not sure.....does it cover if you are in another country? Hopefully you'll have no need for such things! This is a time for relaxation and (not too wild) fun! God bless. Evelyn.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:48 PM   #724
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks, Evelyn.

I showed up for needlework group, the parking lot was completely full and I'm thinking....we're going to have a really big group today. A painting class was going on, must also have been something else.

Medicare does not cover anything outside the U.S., but I have other insurance and this travel insurance includes emergency medical as well as evacuation.....all reasonable bases should be covered.

I don't expect to need it, but if I do....I'm taken care of.

I am eating peaches every day, and they are sooooooo delicious.

Maggie
Old 09-02-2015, 06:07 PM   #725
Rivet Master

Maggie...such an idea I have! I'll tag along on your trip...then if you need a nurse...I'm there! LOL! Oh, but, what if I need a nurse? A social worker might not do the trick! Oh,well...just a thought! Guess I'll stay here in Colorado! Besides, my daughter would probably have a "conniption fit" if I left the country. HAHA, anyway, be sure to pack a thorough first aid kit and a complete "what if" medicine kit, to include OTC MEDS FOR "if I catch a cold, if I get indigestion, constipation, diarrhea...you get the idea? in checked baggage. Take an extra 1-2 month supply of any prescription meds you normally take, (in your carry on)!

Oh, and the peaches here in Colorado are also heavenly. I bought a case of peaches and case of pears, grown in Palisades, colorado. Shared with neighbors...they are sooooo good!
God bless. Evelyn.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:12 PM   #726
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
You're funny.

As a rather compulsive planner, I have those things pretty well covered.

I have already begun pulling things together.....I just can't help myself.

Maggie
Old 09-02-2015, 06:15 PM   #727
Rivet Master

Hope I made you smile! Ev.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:17 AM   #728
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLady View Post
Oh, and the peaches here in Colorado are also heavenly. I bought a case of peaches and case of pears, grown in Palisades, colorado. Shared with neighbors...they are sooooo good!
God bless. Evelyn.
Mmmm....pears. .

I have a cranberry-pear conserve that I make at Christmas....a freezer jam, really...that has fresh orange juice and grated orange rind in it.

It is delicious on biscuits for Christmas dinner, and beautiful in the jar.

I have not shared any of my peaches , but for the yummy jam, which could almost be a filling for turnovers, braided coffee cake, etc., it is so flavorful. And, most of that will rest in the freezer for gifts at Christmas.

I may make an annual trip for Michigan peaches a part of my retirement travel.

My long time friend who wanted to go to Greece with me has retired from one job after 25 years, went to school to be a paralegal, and now lives off her pension from the first....plus this second employment, which she finds very challenging and fulfilling.

She has a big case going to trial in September, thus can't commit to the trip. If the case settles, she may hop on a plane and join me.

I envy her that challenge and feeling of fulfillment.... just a bit ... as I don't envy her a full time job.

Retirement is a good thing, in lots of ways.

Maggie