Old 11-22-2017, 12:44 PM   #4775
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Madison , South Dakota
Sunny and in the mid-90's here, with the same temps through the weekend.

Sorry to hear about your thumbs and hope they get better. I am betting a few hours with the grands will help.

Instagram. Alluminator
Photobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:50 PM   #4776
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hi Vince!

I am sure grand-therapy will do a world of good.

Maggie

Old 11-22-2017, 01:18 PM   #4777
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Maggie; that "Brown Snake Oil Medicine" will make your thumb feel better.
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #4778
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
It will, Mike, and I have plans for a Honey Jack & Ginger after awhile.

I canít have the brace on while doing today what I need to for tomorrow, so it will be well deserved.

Maggie
Old 11-23-2017, 05:06 AM   #4779
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair, PA/Titusville, FL , PA-Summer/FL-Winter
The Rant:

When activities go unreported it is the same as condoning the act. Congress has spend over $17 MILLION in the past paying off those accusers who came forward. The $17 MILLION is taxpayer money. How many kids could that have feed or provided some degree of health care for?

The only real solution in my opinion is term limits.

The Thumbs: Has your therapist tried or using a TENS device? I dislocated my elbow training a rather challenging dog two weeks ago, chiropractor friend put it back into place, then used a Tens 7000 machine and the person helping told me I could buy one on Amazon for $30.00. I bought it, elbow is fine now. Not sure it would work on the thumbs but might not hurt to ask.

Be Well,

Bud

Bud
2017 30' Classic - F350 6.7 Diesel Crew
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:22 AM   #4780
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hi Bud!

And thereís been a whole lot of condoning going on, secretly using our tax dollars.

I havenít seen a doctor about my thumbs, and wonít feel a need to unless something changes...it is a repetitive motion injury, which rest and the brace resolve.

I didnít crochet at all yesterday, and my left thumb is greatly improved.

Maggie
Old 11-23-2017, 06:18 AM   #4781
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
Hand Pain

A few years ago I had the same sort of pain and clicking in several fingers. I put up with it until an injury forced me to see an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in hand and arm things. She fixed the injury and the trigger fingers with cortisone injections. They have stayed fixed.

She also told me they do a simple surgery in cases where the injections don't work.

So, if rest and avoiding repetition don't help, a doc might be able to fix you up.

Your decision, of course.
mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:39 AM   #4782
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thank you, Mimi, and I will surely see a doctor if my own tending to doesn’t prove effective.

How close are you to being in that new house???

Maggie
Old 11-24-2017, 07:44 PM   #4783
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
Getting close

A month or so to go for the house. The hangar should be done on Monday.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:05 AM   #4784
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Ahhh, good, so maybe by Christmas!

I am really interested in your fireplace and mantel, and would love to see a picture especially of that.

Maggie
Old 11-25-2017, 05:41 AM   #4785
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
I'll post pictures when it all comes together. Not much to see right now, just a prefab fireplace installed in a wall. The stone people need to do their magic to make it look right. The mantel is lying on sawhorses in the hangar so it will be available when they are ready to install it.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:52 AM   #4786
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Can’t wait to see it all done, Mimi.

I’ve been having my coffee in my new sitting area , candle lit, watching the sun come up.

My yard guys did an excellent fall cleanup back there, and with the rock border in place it is all just lovely to look out upon.

Wood is being delivered this morning, so fires are assured until I head south.

Small pleasures from little things.

Maggie
Old 11-27-2017, 12:56 PM   #4787
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
A lovely Thanksgiving with my son and his, after which I returned home to my small, quiet and clean little house.

Puttered around here over the weekend, putting out a few holiday things and finishing up some pre-winter tasks. Started a Netflix series, Godless, where astonishingly Michelle Dockery, of Downton Abbey, plays a rancher woman in New Mexico I believe it is...complete with a southern drawl and not a hint of British Aristocracy.

I could hardly believe my eyes and ears, but itís really pretty good...set in the late 1880ís, and including struggling folks of varied backgrounds trying to start a new life. I am rather drawn to that period in time, for several reasons, including because Doug always said he was once a bounty hunter in post Civil War Kansas who rescued me-in-a-former-life from marauding Indians.

After extracting some gift suggestions from my grands over the last few weeks, I have today finished their Christmas shopping online...so much easier than braving the hordes, jostling for popular items and standing in long lines to pay.

Weíve had some unseasonably warm weather, interspersed with bouts of cold, so my shrubs have been trimmed and the beds cleaned up...I think I am done now with outside work, and with a face cord of wood in place the weather can now do whatever it likes.

My staging area for the next trip...a corner of the back bedroom...is starting to fill, and Lily is watching travel preparations with great interest and anticipation, sniffing things and looking to see whatís there for her. Iím starting to get the itch...

This has become my favorite part of my little house...what used to be the dining area of my kitchen, now a sitting area...picture taken looking toward the back yard as I stand by the woodstove in the living room.

The perfect spot for morning coffee, mid day tea, reading...

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FCE8D3A0-4182-455A-B918-1AE3D49C0870.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	331.1 KB
ID:	299898  
Old 12-01-2017, 11:10 AM   #4788
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I’ve been getting the Mother Earth News free daily newsletter for years...full of interesting tidbits of information regarding different aspects of a simpler, more natural approach to life.

Not a vegetarian, living on a self-sustaining homestead in the wilderness, an herbal remedy afficionado, partaking only of organic food etc., I still am interested in and subscribe to all of what they offer on some level...so take what I need, and leave the rest.

Sometimes, something in the newsletter really strikes me, like this recipe and picture this morning...

https://www.motherearthliving.com/co...FAAB948950C1C6

My Mississippi grandmother used to make Brunswick Stew when we would visit at Thanksgiving....tho she didn’t use chicken, but squirrel and rabbit caught, skinned, cleaned and frozen by my granddaddy, who hunted small and large game.

I have never cared for okra...it is slimy...but it belongs in dishes like Brunswick Stew and a good Gumbo, so therefore I eat it when I enjoy those dishes.

I can still taste this dish, just by looking at the picture, tho my grandma’s had diced potatoes in it.

There is so much going on in our country and world that I can hardly keep up...so I broke down and subscribed to the Washington Post a week or so ago, complete with breaking news alerts via email.

Geeeeezz. I wish I could get Doug’s take on so many things. I think he would be shaking his head and getting up in the night to read news pages to see what is happening.

It feels like our country is imploding.

We are having a beautiful and prolonged fall here, dry and sunny and gorgeous, tho it’s fixin’ to get very cold next week.

I will get a big pile of wood into the garage this weekend, and then I am ready.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F7BB4E99-3C35-4D88-81C1-BBAF53620799.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	300123