Old 08-05-2017, 04:26 PM   #4495
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
They do work things out in time, if the dogs are generally calm to begin with.

2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 05:53 PM   #4496
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Lenny has a very sweet and loving disposition, as does Lily...tho there is her alpha-ness to deal with, and she is very, very protective, and territorial.

Lenny is very submissive at this point, tho only 6 months old...things may change a bit as he gets older but, hopefully, them getting to know each other now will carry them thru as he becomes an adult dog.

He really is a dear, so loving and demonstrative...so sweet to see him especially with my daughter.

SIL worked today, but is off tomorrow and Monday...so I helped DD a bit with her potted plants and yard today. Another learning curve, tho I hardly have a green thumb I have some knowledge and experience to share.

The previous owner had been here 35 years, so the yard is well planted with lots of different things, but as with everything else she has taken on with this house caring for the yard and potted plants are a first...she's doing it, learning as she goes, because doing it is what we do.

Having a nice visit, and good to be still.

Maggie

Old 08-06-2017, 10:18 AM   #4497
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Hey Maggie!! Good morning!! That's so perfect, Lily and her new friend... it can be stressful if they don't get along...
Wonderful you're having such a fine visit... but you would there with that loving family.. continue to enjoy... hugs and love from the smoky PNW... fires in Canada sharing smoke with us...
Old 08-06-2017, 02:10 PM   #4498
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Yep, they have done very well.

DD and I pulled weeds and worked on her beds around her house this morning...I am strongly encouraging a thorough application of Preen in the spring ...then ran some errands, including a stop at Home Goods.

Where I saw this, and took a picture of it but did not buy it.

The rose pattern covers the lid and entire outer area of this 8" baking dish, which I not only do not need but especially not in the Interstate.

I did, however, smile and think fondly of sweet hubby, for whom roses marked the entirety of our relationship.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0298.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	358.6 KB
ID:	291484  
Old 08-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #4499
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Bay City , Oregon
Amazing willpower!!! I'd abought it and shipped it home!!! Too lovely!!!
Old 08-06-2017, 05:18 PM   #4500
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I resisted, as I have long since realized I cannot buy every rose covered thing I see.

Off to the Catskills in the morning...

Maggie
Old 08-06-2017, 07:07 PM   #4501
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Bay City , Oregon
Oh boy!! New trip!!!
Old 08-07-2017, 06:37 AM   #4502
Rivet Master

2016 25' International
Deerfield , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Found a car wash with a truck bay this morning, which is scarcer than hens teeth in these here parts, and gave the Interstate a good scrub...it was looking rather grungy, covered with dirt from both Vermont and New Hampshire.
Maggie... I meant to ask: where's this car wash? It must be near me somewhere and I haven't found one yet! THANKS!
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:03 AM   #4503
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I don't remember, now....it's been too long, and is not marked on my map.

The elderly gentleman I have talked about here, whose dementia deteriorated so quickly after a fairly minor surgery...tho one that required general anesthesia...in March, died overnight.

The last couple of weeks have seen a serious decline, and he is gone.

My friend in Ontario I visited recently is a nurse, and she said what a number of others have...that the general anesthesia may have exacerbated issues already present, a common event.

This entire experience has been very informative, in lots of ways.

Off to the Catskills.

Maggie
Old 08-08-2017, 09:21 AM   #4504
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Bay City , Oregon
Are we there yet??
Old 08-09-2017, 07:43 AM   #4505
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We are here, but no signal of any kind once you get off 28, so had to drive in to the cute little town of Phoenicia this morning, as two days was long enough.

After a couple of errands Monday morning, we headed out to the Catskills via New Paltz…a kind of funky old town I wanted to see, and would have loved to poke around in, but, another time.

Saw a decked out Roadtrek there, with lots of stickers and “Home on the Road” emblazoned across the back….fellow wanderers, I felt sure, and we exchanged a wave.

I found a Camping World just off 28W, and picked up a replacement Pop a Tissue dispenser…not to be found just anywhere…and also this coaster, which I of course did not need, but couldn't pass up.

I would like to put it on my wall, but it is kind of a foam and I can't figure out a way to keep it there…I've tried.

We are settled until tomorrow into New York's beautiful Woodland Valley State Park, in a site overlooking and backed up to the rushing creek that runs thru the campground.

Quiet, clean, heavily wooded campground, staff present in the office at all times, and almost empty these weekdays. No amenities other than toilets and a bathhouse with hot showers. Lovely.

A first at check in…staff wrote Lily's description, name, my name and phone # onto a tag, so that if she ran off and was found, they could return her to her owner. Not my Lily.

The usual bear instructions included one I had not seen before…”Do not keep food in coolers in your tent, and do not wear anything to bed that you had on during meals.”

We are walking, biking the paved inner road, reading, crocheting and Lily has caught up on her beauty sleep….visiting, especially visiting other dogs, is exhausting for her.

Not content just to relax, of course, I cleaned and organized the area above my microwave yesterday, the “kitchen drawer” of my Interstate…you know, the place where you keep all manner of small and odd things you might need at a moments notice….batteries, fuses, tape, sewing kit, scissors, post-it-notes, matches, etc. Stuff that one needs when living on the road for several months at a time. Stuff. Now, organized and tidy.

Very beautiful and peaceful...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5169.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	465.5 KB
ID:	291719   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5191.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	534.7 KB
ID:	291720  

Name:	IMG_5183.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	398.3 KB
ID:	291721  
Old 08-09-2017, 08:17 AM   #4506
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Love the coaster. Laura and I are in SD, near Mt. Rushmore. We did Rushmore, Crazy Horse and Custer park yesterday, More of Custer park ,Wind cave and the hot spring today. Leaving Friday to continue the trek to Oregon to see Dave, Susan and Ms. Figgy.
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:59 AM   #4507
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Bay City , Oregon
Hey!! Good morning there!! Love that coaster.. and a beautiful site you two are in... that clear sticky stuff used to hold things in mailings.. looks like some kind of silly putty?? might hold the coaster up?? Did I explain that well enough?? I used to put it between Gracie's tags so they didn't jingle... ok, continue the fun..hugs and love...
Old 08-10-2017, 10:05 AM   #4508
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheart View Post
Love the coaster. Laura and I are in SD, near Mt. Rushmore. We did Rushmore, Crazy Horse and Custer park yesterday, More of Custer park ,Wind cave and the hot spring today. Leaving Friday to continue the trek to Oregon to see Dave, Susan and Ms. Figgy.
Hey there, I was wondering where you two were in your Westward Ho adventure!

Have a great time, and travel safe.

Maggie