Old 08-02-2017, 12:55 PM   #4481
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We drove south out of Brattleboro and east thru Massachusetts this morning, and are now in NY State...in one of those PA campgrounds you would not write home about, but at $20/night for full hookup...close your blinds, and you are home.

First replaced a screw in the awning bracket..all by myself...you go into the hardware, find a young man, show him what you need, and he takes you right to it....it would take me hours by myself.

Oh, and I must mention I lubricated the driver's side door lock and it is greatly improved...I had WD40, so used that, first on the outside handle, and then a couple of days later on the inside. It still seems to take a strong pull from the outside to open, but I may be imagining things, worrying about it.

I generally like to take the shortest-distance-between-two-points routes , which means lots of back roads thru historic towns and past many beautiful old homes. I like, and it was a beautiful drive.

My PockerEarth app is one of the best purchases I have ever made...I mark my turns before setting out in the morning, there is no getting lost, ever, and wrong turns are corrected very quickly.

Will be at darling daughters tomorrow and thru the weekend...she has a birthday, Mom will cook, and we will meet Lenny-the-new-pup. Yikes.

Going to stop in New Paltz and look around on the way down there, as I was told there are many old stone buildings to see and admire.

Maggie

Old 08-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #4482
Rivet Master

2016 25' International
Deerfield , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
We drove south out of Brattleboro and east thru Massachusetts this morning, and are now in NY State...in one of those PA campgrounds you would not write home about, but at $20/night for full hookup...close your blinds, and you are home.

First replaced a screw in the awning bracket..all by myself...you go into the hardware, find a young man, show him what you need, and he takes you right to it....it would take me hours by myself.

Oh, and I must mention I lubricated the driver's side door lock and it is greatly improved...I had WD40, so used that, first on the outside handle, and then a couple of days later on the inside. It still seems to take a strong pull from the outside to open, but I may be imagining things, worrying about it.

I generally like to take the shortest-distance-between-two-points routes , which means lots of back roads thru historic towns and past many beautiful old homes. I like, and it was a beautiful drive.

My PockerEarth app is one of the best purchases I have ever made...I mark my turns before setting out in the morning, there is no getting lost, ever, and wrong turns are corrected very quickly.

Will be at darling daughters tomorrow and thru the weekend...she has a birthday, Mom will cook, and we will meet Lenny-the-new-pup. Yikes.

Going to stop in New Paltz and look around on the way down there, as I was told there are many old stone buildings to see and admire.

Maggie

Maggie you are in my neck of the woods! (I'm just 20 mins south of Brattleboro.)

If you are going to be near New Paltz you might want to check out the FDR museum at Hyde Park. The house is nice but the museum is amazing. Also, don't miss Bear Mountain and West Point if you are headed south from New Paltz.

thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 04:13 PM   #4483
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I probably drove right by your place this morning, thiel, taking 5 south.

Thanks for the travel tips, too....I'll be poking around the area during the work week for a couple, and with them on the weekends.

I want to do some re-exploring of the Catskills, as well, where we saw a grey wolf early one morning perhaps 6 years go...drinking our coffee, this deer comes tearing out of the underbrush across the road, a big wolf in hot pursuit.

Maggie
Old 08-02-2017, 09:03 PM   #4484
Rivet Master

2016 25' International
Deerfield , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
I probably drove right by your place this morning, thiel, taking 5 south.

Thanks for the travel tips, too....I'll be poking around the area during the work week for a couple, and with them on the weekends.

I want to do some re-exploring of the Catskills, as well, where we saw a grey wolf early one morning perhaps 6 years go...drinking our coffee, this deer comes tearing out of the underbrush across the road, a big wolf in hot pursuit.

Maggie

Pretty close! We are just off 5 in Historic Deerfield.

That area of NY is gorgeous. Enjoy! If you like to hike there are a ton of great places around there to go.
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:15 AM   #4485
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We are at darling Daughter's, parked here til Monday morning....and it is good.

Feels like home.

This article was in my Mother Earth Newsletter this morning..

http://www.motherearthliving.com/hea...1#PageContent1

I didn't see mention in here of extreme physical and/or emotional stress causing depletion of the body's store of B Vitamins, but that's what my beloved chiropractor/homeopath told me when he diagnosed a severe deficiency in me a year or so after Doug died.

He diagnosed it, and treated it, and it has not come back.

What he said, and I believe him, is that medical doctors don't diagnose B deficiencies until there are severe, external displays in the body of the effects of the deficiency.

I think it's important to pay attention to this, and perhaps take a B complex supplement....and so, I am sharing it with y'all.

Maggie
Old 08-03-2017, 12:12 PM   #4486
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
So glad your going to have a nice visit and see all the changes and updates.

Looking forward to hearing about the Lily / Lenny meet up chapter.

Enjoy the bday celebration.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:45 PM   #4487
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
She's really done a lot....picked up things for the walls, refinished furniture, painted the guest bedroom including the ceiling.

I'm impressed, it's looking very nice, and very her.

Lily can smell Lenny, and there's a blankie for him on the couch next to where D sits...she has sniffed at it, but not laid on it, like she knows it's not there for her.

I've been telling her there's a new puppy who will be home after awhile, and we will all go for a walk together.

SIL face-timed with me from work, to say hi and be sure I knew how to turn on the tv.

I could tell where he was and what he'd been doing by what he had on over his clothing...I won't tell, because that would give it away.

Maggie
Old 08-03-2017, 06:55 PM   #4488
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Lenny is precious... we did the introduction outside, Lily off-leash, then took them both for a walk.

Lenny would like to play with Lily, but she growled and showed her teeth so he backed off, and has kept a wide berth,

That's what Lily wants, and Lenny gets that.,.its all good.

Lily tolerated well my petting the puppy, talking to him and letting him lick my face...she watches closely, ears up, but doesn't try to intervene.

Cant ask for anything more than that, in my opinion.

Lenny has rather droopy eyes, which are icy blue with red centers...the combination makes him very unusual looking, and to almost look like a cartoon character.

His presence is allowing my childless daughter to mother, too, and that is very sweet to watch.

She needed that, a place to put that unspent love and nurturing... and there he was, needing a mom.

They are a good match.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5150.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	335.8 KB
ID:	291245  
Old 08-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #4489
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
It sounds like you are off to a good start considering. It will be interesting to see how it progresses over the duration of your stay.

Lenny has gotten quite big already and looks like he still has room to grow in those paws and legs.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:04 AM   #4490
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I think Lenny has some Great Dane in him, and that he will be huge.

They were told he is husky and Rottweiler mix, but his body shape doesn't look Rottweiler, to me, more Great Dane.

He and Lily are doing fine, she is tolerating him as I expect her to do, and they actually played some this morning.

I tried to upload the video, but it didn't work for some reason.
Attached Files
Old 08-05-2017, 08:06 AM   #4491
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I found this Sofia Coppola blanc de blanc the other day, and we shared it last evening in honor of DD's birthday....icy cold, absolutely delicious.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5159.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	291368  
Old 08-05-2017, 12:38 PM   #4492
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Lily finished off Lenny's dog food this morning, and a bit ago Lenny just finished off Lily's...with her standing by, watching and allowing it.

I think they've decided they are pack mates.

Maggie
Old 08-05-2017, 02:48 PM   #4493
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
A Different Life II

As long as you behave like they are pack mates, they will be. She takes her cues from her pack leader--you!

That's how we can bring our son's pack of three into our pack of 4 with ease.

Of course the pugnacious 4 pound Pomeranian female puts herself in charge. It's interesting to see our big Beta male let her have her way--and he's over 25 pounds!
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 03:27 PM   #4494
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
It's been pretty cute to watch, and the transition only took about 36 hours.

Maggie